Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]
View Poll Results: Is the tC a chicks car?
No!
84.74%
Yes
15.26%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

tC a chicks car?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So crawl back into you hole in big puddle and don’t F**K with me any more. Thank you!
EARMUFFS!!
Old 07-22-2006, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by markymarkcirca
So crawl back into you hole in big puddle and don’t F**K with me any more. Thank you!
EARMUFFS!!
Old 07-22-2006, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HOLLYWD69
Some cars as you pointed out are kinda girly. But I don’t see how a Camaro is any more of a chick car than a TC? Not that I think a TC is a chick car. I know my Camaro will run circles around my TC and it didn’t cost a whole lot more. I love my TC and wouldn’t trade of anything in its price range. I guess it is just an opinion and everybody has one.
it often isn't about speed. interestingly enough, i have a friend from germany who says no one but female hookers drive the sc in germany. cars get reputations.
i think it may also be regional to some degree. when i lived in MI, a camaro SS would definitely be considered a man's car. but from what i understand, in NJ it has the reputation of being the vehicle of choice for smarmy gold chain wearing drug dealer's. in CA, it is mostly driven by bleached blond chicks (see corvette).
so i think region plays a part with some cars. but certainly, imo the vw bug is a girl's car no matter where one lives, as is the jetta. some cars are on the fence as well and are unisex. imo, the tC is one of them mainly because it could go either way.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by surfcity40
Some cars as you pointed out are kinda girly. But I don’t see how a Camaro is any more of a chick car than a TC? Not that I think a TC is a chick car. I know my Camaro will run circles around my TC and it didn’t cost a whole lot more. I love my TC and wouldn’t trade of anything in its price range. I guess it is just an opinion and everybody has one.
it often isn't about speed. interestingly enough, i have a friend from germany who says no one but female hookers drive the sc in germany. cars get reputations.
i think it may also be regional to some degree. when i lived in MI, a camaro SS would definitely be considered a man's car. but from what i understand, in NJ it has the reputation of being the vehicle of choice for smarmy gold chain wearing drug dealer's. in CA, it is mostly driven by bleached blond chicks (see corvette).
so i think region plays a part with some cars. but certainly, imo the vw bug is a girl's car no matter where one lives, as is the jetta. some cars are on the fence as well and are unisex. imo, the tC is one of them mainly because it could go either way.
Yea I think you are right about the regional thing. Now you put the Corvette on the chick list, I now have three chick cars in my driveway and a minivan! Oh well the way I see it is if you like a certain vehicle get it. You are the one who drives it and it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. Later.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea I think you are right about the regional thing. Now you put the Corvette on the chick list, I now have three chick cars in my driveway and a minivan! Oh well the way I see it is if you like a certain vehicle get it. You are the one who drives it and it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. Later.
exactly! but has anyone ever seen a corvette driven by anyone other than a bleached blond "almost attractive in her day" chick or an old guy?.. be honest.
[/kidding]
Old 07-22-2006, 03:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

exactly! but has anyone ever seen a corvette driven by anyone other than a bleached blond "almost attractive in her day" chick or an old guy?.. be honest.
[/kidding]
Well I don't consider my self an old guy, I mean I was only 33 when I got the car. And I would think some of the guys at LS1.com would also argue with you on that too.
I don't see to many "bleached blonds" driving 10 second vettes or camaros. But I guess CA. is more of an import market. Oh well to each his own! :D

Later.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by io333
I know this thread is kinda old but I could help myself. What exactly is a “chick car”? My wife drives a Camaro SS with a six speed; does that make it a “chick car”?
No, it makes your wife white trash.

In all likelihood, his wife isn't "white trash" but you're definitely trash.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rosskoss
I know this thread is kinda old but I could help myself. What exactly is a “chick car”? My wife drives a Camaro SS with a six speed; does that make it a “chick car”?

yeah, i kinda felt that was an unwarranted slam on the wife too. maybe it was more about the car than the person driving the car. sometimes the benefit of the doubt is a good thing. we all know she's not white trash.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rosskoss

yeah, i kinda felt that was an unwarranted slam on the wife too. maybe it was more about the car than the person driving the car. sometimes the benefit of the doubt is a good thing. we all know she's not white trash.
Thanks for having my back. He dosen't bother me I just consider the source.