Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC deposit thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member

i just came back from my local dealer and was told that they were not accepting deposits on tc's. are they full of cr@p?

edit: nevermind, looking at the thread on availibility i am assuming that this particular dealer will be low on the totem pole in terms of new tc's they will recieve. judging from the apparent limited stock they have on hand of regular scions.

just contacted another dealer and they said they will call me back. man i hate that!
Old 06-02-2004, 09:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They didnt let me (long Beach,Ca)
Old 06-04-2004, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member

I asked my dealer if the deposit was refundable, and they said 'no'....soooooo, I'm going to wait for the test drive to make up my mind :?
Old 06-05-2004, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member

If that dealer won't let you, go to another.
Last nite I put my deposit down. Hopefully the Side-Airbags dont hold it up.
This was the second dealer I dealt with. FIrst dealer wanted a "Pre-order agreement" basically not letting me turn the car down if I didnt like it. Told me it was "Toyota Policy". That was a load of crap...and because he lied, he lost my business.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm in sacramento, ca.. called dealer and placed an preordered for a tC and they asked if I wanted to put deposit.. I asked if I didn't like the car can I get my deposit back.. She said yes, in CA.. theres laws against not getting ur deposit back or something.. So I put down deposit using my CC over the phone. I hope she isn't just bsing me about CA laws prevent against not getting deposit back.

btw.. I preordered for a indigo ink automatic... kinda undecisive on auto or stick still......
Old 06-06-2004, 09:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does anyone know a dealer where i can put a deposit (refundable), In the LOS ANGELES county :?:
Old 06-07-2004, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

just put a deposit down at toyota of orange

i just wanted manual tranny... havent decided on color yet.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member

Default (>_<)

My tC should be in my possession the last week of June, according to my dealer. I'll be sure to post my pics when I get it.

Silver Streak Mica
Spoiler
Door Sill Enhancements
Interior Illumination
Center Console Armrest
Fog Lights

Mods to come:

Supercharger (duh! .. 55hp for 3k? .. good deal to me)
Catback Exhaust
Sport springs
In-dash DvD/CD player with flip up screen (if it will fit, I don't like cutting)
H.I.D. lighting
Old 06-11-2004, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member

I put my deposit down back in the beginning of may and according to my dealer I was the only one to do it so I "should" get the first one that rolls onto their lot thats for sale.
But since I got the optional side impacted air bags it looks like I'm going to get screwed over and have not heard from my dealer about when it looks like my car is coming in.

Once I get my car (hopefully by the end of this month) I don't plan on doing much to it for the first couple of months.

So car as I get it:

Silver Streak Mica
Manual
Side impacted air bags

Future mods:

Fog lamps
TRD springs and shocks
supercharger
exhaust
cool air intake

Probably some other stuff, though I will probably not be getting a spoiler because I see no point to it and I will not be getting any body mods because I really like having a sleeper car.
Old 06-12-2004, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member

Put down $500 on a Silver or Flint told dealer to tell me if someone else was interested and I would choose one but that I wanted first licks. I was just wanting to see them first...

If it is too small I will go with an xb....
Old 06-12-2004, 04:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Put a $250 deposit down yesterday on a Black Cherry tC with Automatic and the security system. Wanted a T/C super bad, but in college and can't afford now . If I come into any money or find a better part-time or a reasonable full-time position somewhere else, I'm def putting one on. Wanted the speaker, but didn't think it was quite worth the $429 (or $329, can't remember) they're charging here. Just excited to get the car when it finally comes in. They originally said (been calling there for over a month checking into it) that the car would be available mid/late June, but now they're saying mid/late July. Just can't wait to finally get it!!!
Old 06-12-2004, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

$250 deposit on Black Cherry Pearl 5-speed with side airbags at Lynch Scion in Manchester, CT.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ikonXone
i see you put automatic trans, but put down a lsd. do you mean a torque converter? i always thought that an lsd was only for manual tranny's
you are correct in saying that. torque converter = auto trans, limited slip = manual or standard trans
Old 06-14-2004, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm goin for the Azure Pearl ... all stock ... all that neon stuff is illegal here in PA and if i wanted anything else done to it, i'll do it aftermarket. I already got a Rockford Fosgate punch 200 amp (old school) nothing but the best as far as amps go and a 12" Rockford Fosgate HE2 sub.. throw that in with the scion stereo and it's gonna be sweet!!!
I'm also lookin into gettin color fading tint if the colors work out ok and gettin one of those bug reflectors to go on the car as well
Old 06-14-2004, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Well...It's a done deal.
"Your vehicle has been built and is in transit to a US port of entry."
Thats the e-mail I received from my dads work. No arrival date yet BUT I do have my VIN #. =o) So what did I do? Registered my tC on here. 1st one to do so!
Old 06-16-2004, 04:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Still dont know my VIN but I was told today at the dealership that my black base model tC is sitting in the West Chicago distribution center (or somethin like that). No word on why they won't release them to dealers yet. Just to create more of this godforsaken "hype" they've done so well with I suppose
Old 06-16-2004, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ Mugen exhaust on a scion...
Old 06-16-2004, 05:09 AM
5 Year Member

finally got my deposit in. manual tranny, top 3 color choices,(black, flint, indigo), stock options.
man was that an ordeal! played phone tag w/ the dealer for 3 days. you would think the first time i called and basically said, "i want to give you $17+k of my hard earned moneyl" they would give me someone to talk to on the spot?

the guy told me they would arrive the 3rd week in july. tried to ask him if that translated to me getting one that week, and of course gave me the runaround. it is a seller's market for sure, and they are well aware of it!
Old 06-16-2004, 05:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jlaznlover
on a toyota*, and yes. screw that borla garbage
Old 06-16-2004, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CervezA
Originally Posted by jlaznlover
on a toyota*, and yes. screw that borla garbage
im not sure what to say... will it be custom made for your tc. one thing i know is that, if mugen made a exhaust, it shouldnt be that large of a diameter. more like a 2.5 inch would sound bit more precise. and how much would it cost you anyways? mugen exhaust is a ton more expensive then TRD at least 2 times as much

Quick Reply: tC deposit thread