Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC did not act they way I wanted it to.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The rear sway bar however may have helped in that situation as it appears the body roll helped to induce the wagging back end. If there was less body roll to begin with, the side to side action may not have ever happened to begin with.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

to reduce rear body roll = bigger rear sway bar = less ultimate grip = more oversteer. our cars are just too damn top heavy. remember EVERYTHING is a compromise.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Irresponsible as a dealer"?... never said I was a LeMans expert, or an auto-cross superstar, I sell freakin cars. Get a life and a girlfriend, or a bottle of lotion and stop spending so much effort on chat forums to make your ego feel somewhat inflated.... loser.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^

Not just a dealer, but apparently you will also ***** out aftermarket parts whether appropriate or not.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea cuz i would get paid if he bought one from his dealer in whatever state he lives in...
Old 09-02-2005, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and by "***** out" do u mean sell? if so ur right, im one of those weird SALESman who SELLS stuff, crazy i kno
Old 09-02-2005, 09:07 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

next time just throw rice at him or his car.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ well, I am not for bashing at all. But it is a shame IMO that salespeople dont know the products they sell. If you sell a car that has the option of a FACTORY sway bar upgrade.. you should know the purpose of said item. But unfortunately in some industries that is not the case in todays world, which is what hurts the credibility of salesman to some extent. Technical sales is different most times though, you cant get the job without knowing the details to a certain level. But car sales is not in the same boat. I have met car salesman that literally do not know the difference between a 4 cylinder and a V8 other than the power difference and gas mileage.

The part you went wrong on, Waldorf, is reccomending a product, with everyone knowing you work at a dealer, without knowing what it does.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WaldorfScion
and by "***** out" do u mean sell? if so ur right, im one of those weird SALESman who SELLS stuff, crazy i kno
I mean that you push product without knowing what it does or if its appropriate for the customer's needs or not. Just make the sale, that's all that matters.

There's a reason tax collectors are more trusted than car salesmen...

If you felt insulted, good. Maybe you'll think twice before pushing ignorance on your next rube. I mean customer.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow the emotions.
alright look, i do know my product and im not the pushy sales type of kid, i take pride in my job, search my posts, read my dealerships reviews
i threw in a quick reply on this post just for the bored sake of posting something, i was raised around cars all my life and my credibility isnt shabby as far as knowledge. i blew up earlier with the insults and have no exuse except ive had a bad/busy day and didnt think before i spoke (typed). i dont expect forgiveness or for yall to even believe me when i say that i do know my product thoroughly, but please dont put me in the "typical" car salesman category cause that just aint me.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I am not bashing you as you think Waldorf, really. What I was saying is that you are a car salesman, you are on a site about the cars you sell, so you become a target much easier. Now I do think that dealerships should provide more training on the technical side of things for their salesforce, but that costs money, so they dont. I dont mean to insult you directly in any way or lump you into a category. I have seen you here and you seem like a good guy, so sorry if I came out the wrong way.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

alright look, i do know my product and im not the pushy sales type of kid, i take pride in my job, search my posts, read my dealerships reviews
i threw in a quick reply on this post just for the bored sake of posting something, i was raised around cars all my life and my credibility isnt shabby as far as knowledge...i dont expect forgiveness or for yall to even believe me when i say that i do know my product thoroughly, but please dont put me in the "typical" car salesman category cause that just aint me.
bottom line: poster said he oversteered. you told him get the rear sway bar. what does the rear sway bar do? make you oversteer more. so you told him something completely wrong and, as i said, irresponsible (dealer or not, you were giving him BAD, incorrect, OPPOSITE information on how to address the concern he had).

my post wasn't to 'boost my ego', it was so that i and others won't have to deal with any more people with stiff rear sway bars (on the bad advice of that or any other post) wiping out next to me on the freeway due to poor driving technique than we otherwise would have to.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanx engifineer... like i said, yesti, i just threw in a reply for the sake of posting cuz i was bored at the time, i dont think hes gonna see that im a dealer-posted to buy a sway bar-and stop researching right there and go buy one.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

like i said, yesti, i just threw in a reply for the sake of posting cuz i was bored at the time, i dont think hes gonna see that im a dealer-posted to buy a sway bar-and stop researching right there and go buy one.
boredom is no excuse for giving unsafe, one line (meaning with no further explanation), advice to people on internet forums. that makes your whole dealership look bad. the 'loser' comment makes your dealership look even worse. i wouldn't have even double checked that you were a dealer had your screen name not been 'WaldorfScion'!

i know people have bad days, i do too. but if i am so undeniably wrong about something i admit it, correct the error for the benefit of everyone. i don't call the person that pointed it out a loser or state that i have been around cars all my life because that makes you look even worse as 'all your life' you believed incorrect information.

a rear sway bar may be helpful in other cases, but for a top heavy, crappy stock tire endowed tC that is not the case to address his specific concern.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, ur right, im sorry man, really im sorry.... forgive me?
Old 09-03-2005, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol. hey i'm not mad, i apologize if you felt singled out. tC's are interesting machines i must say. wonder if the RX's with the glass roofs have the same problem we do?
Old 09-03-2005, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there should be an emoticon of an interested guy eating popcorn
Old 09-03-2005, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for all the input guys, I know I acted wrong, and I wish i could go back, but this is how we all have to learn sometimes, the hard way.

I dont remember If i let off the throttle, I believe I did, and that is why the oversteer happened. I know better now .
Old 09-03-2005, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Suffice it to say we're going to hold dealers to a higher standard .

I would have ignored the whole thing but the comments about telling the kid he needed a girlfriend or to start masturbating more looked like bullying...

I just couldn't let that slide without taking him down a notch.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kenshin

I dont remember If i let off the throttle, I believe I did, and that is why the oversteer happened. I know better now .
this car does seem to have a lift throttle oversteer issue , i read an article in motor trend magazine when they first tested the tc , and they stated that in hard cornering when the throttle is lifted the car has a tendency to snap oversteer, now i know this can be attributed to weight transfering from rear to front abruptly, but the tc seems a little excessive for this, especially since it has a pretty long wheelbase ,and being front wheeldrive, it should be pretty stable?! anyone have any ideas why?

Quick Reply: tC did not act they way I wanted it to.