Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC help

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member

Default tC help

my girlfriend WILL be getting a brand new tC... can you guys confirm that they come with the pioner am/fm/cd player as well as panorama sunroof STANDARD ?!? how much did you guys pay for your tC's with any added options. I did the build my own scion online and with the only added option (body kit) it came to about 18,500 ... I'm sure that could be haggled down. Any tips? Anyone wanna help her pick out the color? Hopefully one that matches my car... Heres a link to my solara... I was kinda shocked when I did some research and saw a toyota engine in the tC

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/818696
Old 07-31-2005, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

pioneer stereo, sunroof, cruise control, steering wheel radio controls, rear window defogger, a/c, power windows, remote keyless entry, outside temp, and many other features come standard on the TC. I bought my TC with no added options for 17,100.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you are talking about the 06 model, yes everything is really standard including the steering wheel controls and volume ****. tC is a "no haggle" car with standard pricing. Options are pretty standard in pricing also so the car you built on "scion.com" should be real accurate. You will have to check your dealer for how much they tack on for "delivery fees, etc.". That is where the dealer can get you.

Also, stay away from any extended warranties.

Good luck.

Kevin
Old 07-31-2005, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member

Why would you be shocked that it has a Toyota engine in it? What would you expect from a car that is made by Toyota?
Old 07-31-2005, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No haggle with Scion, they have "Pure Pricing". Basically you pay what you see on the sticker. As far as a Toyata engine, it's a 2.4 VVT shared with the American Camry. Scion is a divisoin of Toyota i.e. Lexus
Old 07-31-2005, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

As far as matching your solara, i guess that color would be superwhite.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can't really haggle or argue the price down with the dealer. you have to realize that the commision they get on cars like this is only about $100-200. plus, my dealer showed me the price they paid for the car and i was only paying about $1000 more for it.
the prices are set low and you can't change them, they will be the same price at every dealership. it's just like going to buy something at a store, you can't haggle with the girl at the register to lower the price on a brand new item.

only thing you can argue about is document fee. you should be paying a document fee, i paid $80. some places charge up to $500. you'll also be paying for title/temp tag. tax of course. you should not have to pay for dealer prep. you should pay for delivery, it states it on the scion website, i think it's like $500.

don't pay extra for top coat protection, vin window etching, or undercoat protection. (top coat is not actually a new clearcoat, but rather just an application of a product like klasse all in one paint sealant)
undercoat won't work, because of the factory undercoat on the car already, it won't stick
vin window etching can be done by yourself for under $50 if you really want it.

you might be able to get yourself some free car washes or oil changes if you really work the dealer, but if they don't want to give it to you, you have to realize that they will sell this car to another guy easily, because it is so popular and the price is right.