2005-2010 [ANT10]

Tc Hydrolic Clutch...I don't like it!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Op, thanks for sharing your opinion. Please remember that your opinion is just that and opinion. Have a good day!
Old 01-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Banned
SL Member

Opinions are what makes the world go round.....but obviously I'm not the ONLY one with this opinion. I'd be interested to see how many ppl who posted on this thread drive automatic!
Old 01-15-2006, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TheTC
Originally Posted by slboettcher
Originally Posted by Scott17
Unproven? Not by a long shot. Learn to drive it and it will be fine. Complain much?
Thanks gramps...but chances are I've been driving the car longer than YOU. and I hate people who act like the tc is the best thing since sliced bread! Its a nice car...still MANY MANY kinks to work out before its "quality" though. Just read the consumer reports article..."First year reliability has been average"
Dude, grow the eff up already. Someone 42 with a lot of experience is "gramps"?
What kind of snot-nosed little ***** are you anyway?
Nobody here since my finding this place has ever stated the tC is perfect. Certainly, Scott did not.
Everyone has an a$$hole and an opinion. If you think your "vast" knowledge of things automotive is superior to Scott', then you smoke better $hit than anyone I know.

Scott (another old bastard SCION owner)
Someone who is 42 should be driving something nicer than a scion!! and shouldn't be spending time lounging around on internet forums....

What kind of snot nosed ***** am I? Just call me audiobahntc...

I have a respectable (not vast) knowledge of all things automotive...but I bet I smoke better poop than anyone u know..esepciallly cuz You live in a retirement home.

I agree with SQUALLHEART just about word for word...I've gotten "used to" it, but I'm still not HAPPY with it. Isn't this america? can I not desent against the trend of thinking tc's are mini G35s?
Thanks for the life advice, it really helps a lot! Actually my wife drives a Scion and I drive a Tacoma, both of which are way nicer than your car. I would hazard to bet I have a tad more knowlege in all things automotive and I would also be willing to bet I drove a Tc before you even heard of them. ____ing contest aside, It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools. The clutch is perfectly functional and is consistant so the bottom line is YOU need to learn to drive! I learned years ago in my motocross racing days that fast guys are fast no matter what. I had pretty sweet bikes that had all the latest go-fast goodies and still got spanked by fast guys on clapped-out bikes. The car was designed to appeal to the broadest audience possible and if you happen to fall outside the envelope, well, all I can say is it sucks to be you! I also wonder why, if you have such refined tastes, didn't you throw a tantrum and make mommy buy you a much finer car that would be more to your liking? Life is going to b1tch-slap you if you don't start acting right. (Free advice for the younguns from Gramps)
Old 01-15-2006, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Made my morning...
Old 01-15-2006, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sensay
fly by wire unproven tech? OKAY WUT EVER U SAY BUDDY
myyyy badd i ment to say drive by wire, i was thinking of airplanes and missles at the time.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: Tc Hydrolic Clutch...I don't like it!

Its just TOO lite! It goes rite down to the floor with no resistance and just pops back up the same way. Its a pain to let the clutch out slow, cuz you can't get a feel for it...Its so indirect feeling.Often it feels like a guessing game over when the clutch is going to engage/disengage. Did they make it superlite clutch so women (and less muscular men could drive it? I hate how they try to use all the new unproven technology (drive by wire) and it just ends up screwing things up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My 1978 chevy luv pickup that I owned years ago had a hydraulic clutch. More cars have them than dont. They are by FAR the smoothest, best setup (other than more potential places to break) I have ever driven. My mustang had a cable driven clutch .... POS. The cables break, they wear and get harder to use over time. The clutch is no more indirect than any other and works perfect IMO
Old 01-15-2006, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT THE PM THIS A-HOLE SENT ME!!

HE ____ED ME OFF SO IM REVIELING TO EVERYONE HIS RETARDEDNES!

Dude, you are obviously a kid who has no idea what he's talking about. First of all ITs DRIVE by wire! You're a bit confused on that...

and secondly Drive by wire throttle bodies are relatively new to the world of production vehicles. How long do YOU think its been around for???

Can you name another car (besides the new civic) that has a drive-by-wire throttle body?

Aren't you the kid with the Natural Sound sub in the horrendously designed and looking box. Dude, whats up with that box. I don't care how you defend it...it looks like A$$. Plus, the natural sound sub is the weakest in the audiobahn line. Barely any punch or SPL at all.

Comment about me when you know what you're talking about, after you get an education
1) Yes you were right I made an error when I said fly by wire I meant the same thing though, my mind was just on other topic at the time.

2) Drive by wire relatively new to the world of production vehicles? Can I name any other cars with them?
OK… im going to explain this as kindly as I can…
there are many different types of drive by wire systems, but the one you are referring to is EMS or (electronic throttle body system). BMW introduced EMS in some of their production cars in 1988, and it has been used in production cars by different manufacturers ever since. Today I believe all BMW's and most luxury cars have them. Our NSX, VOLVO, old X5 all have it. Actually all of the cars owned by this household have it except our Isuzu trooper. So much for untested...
AND IM THE ONE THAT DOESNT KNOW WHAT HES TALKING ABOUT RIGHT?

3) YEAH THAT’S ME!! IM THA KID WITH THE AUDIOBAHN!! Really u think the box horrendous? Hmmm, funny how that’s the first time I have ever heard anything negative about it… EVER! Especially after people hear it. Your right a box made to fit the tC perfectly with perfect specs and tuned frequencies is a bad thing to have...

4) The natural sound line is one of audiobahn's most affordable your right! I don’t know what happened with my special edition sub, or that they got something right in the 05 lineup, but EVERYONE that’s ever heard it hit including myself have all been deeply surprised and impressed with the sound output of that sub. When it’s turned up, you can’t talk strait because it shakes your voice like you’re receiving a massage, you can’t look in the rear-view mirror because the whole thing is shaking so hard, and the quality of sound is there with it. No punch? You go ahead and try saying that after actually hearing the set-up, because right now you’re just throwing out generic opinionated comments with no backing to what you say. At 800 max, it isn’t exactly a baby either.
Yeah it must be that horrendously designed custom box of mine...

on a more serious note… sir exactly how old are you? are you mentally challenged in anyway? Have mental instabilities of any kind? You argue, and behave as if you were a small child, and you also seem to have some serious problems.
I might suggest you not post on SL for a while after this, because people might not like you very much after this one.

Stop talking like an idiot about things you don’t know anything about, and please please PLEASE think twice, three, or perhaps four times before opening your mouth again.

SSUUUSUSUSUSUUUU SUUUU CEEEEEYAAAAHHHHHHHHH

P.S. you have been just fukin destroyed, skooled, and owned by the “kid”

CEEEEEEEYAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2006, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

on a more serious note… sir exactly how old are you? are you mentally challenged in anyway? Have mental instabilities of any kind? You argue, and behave as if you were a small child, and you also seem to have some serious problems.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is why you test drive a car before you buy it. What did you guys think the clutch would change after you bought it?
Old 01-16-2006, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i should have said he has numerous, or a multiple amount of serious problems
Old 01-16-2006, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's ok. It's only a matter of time before he gets banned for evading his original ban. Oh and guess what that ban was for? Provoking people and name calling for no apparent reason.

Bravo audiobantc, bravo. You have just proved how smart you really are. This time around they'll ban your IP cluster, then you'll have to go to the library to hassle people from there and show us how much attention you really need.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That's what one extra chromosome can do for a guy............
Old 01-16-2006, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by FromThisSoil
Bravo audiobantc, bravo. You have just proved how smart you really are. This time around they'll ban your IP cluster, then you'll have to go to the library to hassle people from there and show us how much attention you really need.

Library - chances are high that he's never seen one.

Scott
Old 01-16-2006, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by slboettcher
Originally Posted by FromThisSoil

Library - chances are high that he's never seen one.

Scott

OHHHHHHHHH! CEEEYAHHH!
Old 01-16-2006, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so he was audiobahntc the whole time huh? and i thought he was complimenting on my sub box... his old acount said he was 24... guess some of us are late bloomers, maturity wize...
Old 01-16-2006, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, you would think with all the b*tching this thread wouldn't just be OPINION based.

Ooo, this clutch is 'better' because I like it more, or it gets more feel, or its good in traffic, or SHUT UP!!!

People drive what they like, and they like for THIER OWN REASONS. If thier not a racer, maybe they LIKE A SMOOTH CLUTCH over a heavy clutch.

Whether or not your an 'old' person or a 'noob' stick driver...ITS STILL OPINION
Old 01-16-2006, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's what one extra chromosome can do for a guy............
hey scott nice edit. dont think i didnt c what u wrote before that
But good work this is even funnier
Old 01-16-2006, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

what clutch do you mean? .... can i have a url
Old 01-16-2006, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Problem solved.

Thank you.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tC clutch ____ing sucks

Quick Reply: Tc Hydrolic Clutch...I don't like it!