2005-2010 [ANT10]

tc: i iwant to buy one, but need advice on the best deals

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default you do save some money w cash at least in fl

The guy who posted about buying used is right I saved 3000 dollars of a car w 2500 miles and I got a 100 thousand mile bumper to bumber extended waranty. The dealership sold the car to this old lady that was like. 80 and she retuned it bc she couldn't see outa it so I got her waranty. For free I payed 17k out the door and a new one I just over 20 its and auto. But I also got the acessorys she added like the premium head unit and a few other things but I I also negoitiated 5 free services plus the 2 from scion. So low millage is the way to go it took a while to find so if u want a car this week then I wouldn't recomend it.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:02 AM

thanks for the tips.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

reason why people buy new cars is because SOMEBODY has to buy new cars for there to be used cars to buy, but also because it can be easier to find a car with the color, transmission, engine, options packages when you look through new inventory versus used.

and while you can save money if you find a low mileage used one, you have no idea what the car has been through! sure, maybe the previous owner of theo89's tc was an 80 yr old lady, but hell, my grandparents let 14 different grand kids learn how to drive on their cars when they were coming of age, caddillacs, pick-up trucks, jeeps etc, they had lots of cars. when they traded them in, do you think they said "i only drove it to bingo on sunday, oh and i let 14 grand kids learn how to drive on them, and then let them use them as needed to get around whenever their parents couldn't take them or drive them somewhere!"

so yeah, it is a crap shoot buying a used car, it is always alittle of a gamble, finding the car you want, with the features you want with a mileage you can live with, and no gremlins in the wood work. but it is a pain in the butt.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by nodsetse
^ I find that hard to believe, so tell us, which Scion dealer did that for you?

I paid cash for mine, asked about a discount since I wasn't financing, but he explained that they weren't allowed to take anything off (else they wouldn't be allowed to sell Scions any more), cash was the same as credit to them.
Read. It was used.

And yeah. I agree about the comment that if nobody buys new cars, then there is no used market. However, I'm saying that if you're looking for a deal of any kind, a great way to shoot yourself in the foot from the get-go is to limit yourself to a new car.

If you have the $$ to spend and you're just looking to get the best deal you can, so be it, but if buying a car is really going to stretch you, the best way to ensure that you price yourself out of the market is to say "used is unacceptable."
Old 06-12-2009, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default usd haa

to me i dont consider usd 3000 miles that basicaly brand new and then u add the fact that u get the extra waranty and a few parts u come out ahead lol 3000 miles isnt even broken in
Old 06-12-2009, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
reason why people buy new cars is because SOMEBODY has to buy new cars for there to be used cars to buy, but also because it can be easier to find a car with the color, transmission, engine, options packages when you look through new inventory versus used.

and while you can save money if you find a low mileage used one, you have no idea what the car has been through! sure, maybe the previous owner of theo89's tc was an 80 yr old lady, but hell, my grandparents let 14 different grand kids learn how to drive on their cars when they were coming of age, caddillacs, pick-up trucks, jeeps etc, they had lots of cars. when they traded them in, do you think they said "i only drove it to bingo on sunday, oh and i let 14 grand kids learn how to drive on them, and then let them use them as needed to get around whenever their parents couldn't take them or drive them somewhere!"

so yeah, it is a crap shoot buying a used car, it is always alittle of a gamble, finding the car you want, with the features you want with a mileage you can live with, and no gremlins in the wood work. but it is a pain in the butt.

idk man i mean what could u do in 3000 miles it had a clean car fax and nothing wrong and they actualy had more than one colour they had a white one and the flint mica i chose the flint mica but i mean there is nothing wrong w the car and it was 3k less than a new one plus the waranty which is worth about 1000 plus the head unit and services i mean i think i came out ahead it also is a way to get away from the pure pricing by buying usd u can negotiate on a usd one lol and idk there is a prety big market for usd cars here in fl i mean think about what u could do with the 3k u could but in a turbo or something like that i mean 3k for 3000 miles is nothing u people drivr 3000 miles in like a few months
Old 06-12-2009, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZacMan1987
Read. It was used.
"Read"? Be more specific when you post!

You stated;
Another stupid thing people do is finance. I've paid cash for every car I've ever bought, and that generally gets you a $1000 to $2000 discount upfront for the amount we're talking about here. When I was looking for tC's, dealer knocked off $1500 for paying cash before the haggling process even started.
No where in that statement did you specify USED. It was only elsewhere that you were talking used, you made it sound as though that paragraph pertained to new or used cars, that you could get a discount by paying cash and that's why people should avoid financing, which is not the case with a new scion. Of course you can haggle over the price of used cars, financed or not, scion or otherwise...that's like, "duh".
Old 06-13-2009, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

if you really want to get a good deal on a used car. Come to michigan. everyone is selling their cars for like half of what they're worth.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by nodsetse
Read. It was used.
"Read"? Be more specific when you post!

You stated;
Another stupid thing people do is finance. I've paid cash for every car I've ever bought, and that generally gets you a $1000 to $2000 discount upfront for the amount we're talking about here. When I was looking for tC's, dealer knocked off $1500 for paying cash before the haggling process even started.
No where in that statement did you specify USED. It was only elsewhere that you were talking used, you made it sound as though that paragraph pertained to new or used cars, that you could get a discount by paying cash and that's why people should avoid financing, which is not the case with a new scion. Of course you can haggle over the price of used cars, financed or not, scion or otherwise...that's like, "duh".
Any decent interpreter of context would know exactly what I was talking about, considering I spent the ENTIRE post encouraging him to buy a used car. You made a smartass remark about my cash deal, and got called out for it.

Tissues are in the back by the teddy bears and chocolates with cute little love messages inside. Go cry there and stop making an ___ of yourself trying to turn around and bust MY ***** for something that YOU started.

And to answer your original question, the car was for sale at Helfman Dodge in Katy, TX.
Manual
Maint. History and all documentation included
Flint Mica
No spoiler
Mild to middleing underbody rust from being in the Boston area
$11,700 (cash)
And it's long gone.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are no discounts on new Scions so poster who said a dealer knocked off 1500 is bsing..

Other then that find a used, and if you want a new then whatever is on the sticker is the price you have to pay.

Interest rate cannot be haggled as well because it is set for Scion's.

Scion did this to target younger generations - young people won't spend 4 hours at a dealerships haggling prices which is why pure pricing was developed for Scion.

Good luck
Old 06-14-2009, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by kang2323
There are no discounts on new Scions so poster who said a dealer knocked off 1500 is bsing..

Good luck

Car was used.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Check post, I said new.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by kang2323
Check post, I said new.
I'm poster who said dealer knocked 1500 off. Car was used.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any decent interpreter of context would know exactly what I was talking about, considering I spent the ENTIRE post encouraging him to buy a used car. You made a smartass remark about my cash deal, and got called out for it.

Tissues are in the back by the teddy bears and chocolates with cute little love messages inside. Go cry there and stop making an butt of yourself trying to turn around and bust MY ***** for something that YOU started.
Wow, what a low-life PoS thing to say, but I suppose that's just a reflection of your true personality.