2005-2010 [ANT10]

TC Owners! I need help with a project

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default TC Owners! I need help with a project

Hi

I'm doing a project on the scion tc and I would highly appreciate it if anyone that has a tC to fill out this really quick survey! Thanks in advance.

1. What attracted you to the TC initially?

2. Why do you love the TC now that you own one? What do your friends think of it?

3. Why did you get a TC over the XA or XB?

4. What other cars did you consider buying? Did you think of buying used?

5. What is your perception of the Scion brand?

6. Does Scions current advertising and event marketing appeal to you? Why or why not?

7. What kind of music do you listen to?

8. What is your fashion style? What brands do you love and what brands do you hate?

9. What are your hobbies? What type of nightlife do you live?

10. What would you think if Scion hosted a fashion event? What would you like to see happen at one?

11. Did you purchase any extra accessories for your TC?

12. How old are you?
Old 04-20-2005, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

1) wasnt looking for a new car at the time.. saw one, heard about the features, went in to drive one for fun.. and ended up ordering one the next day

2) Everyone loves it. It is fun to drive, and is a great platform for a project car down the road, which is really what I wanted. I have another car to use as a back and forth to work car

3) Like I said.. I bought the tC out of nowhere. I wasnt a huge fan of the xA nd xB (no offense to anyone, just not what I was looking for, but they do start growing on you!)

4) Wasnt really looking at the time.

5) like them so far... but time will tell on that answer

6) Strange... I hardly ever see a tC add on television, only xA and xB.. but I dont sit at home much either.

7) 60s- 70s rock, hard, punk (the old, real punk... pistols, black flag, etc), hip hop, reggae, blues, some techno... most stuff other than country

Dunno... skated seriously for about 10 years, still do every now and then, so I guess just your run of the mill clothes, baggy ____... (when I am not having to dress "business casual" at work). I try not to "hate" any fashions...

9) Play guitar, rapelling, motorcross (not competitively), water skiiing, skateboarding (not as much as before), snowboarding (learning cause I just moved to MN), hiking, electronics design, partying my a$$ off

10) Not really into fashion events/

11) Yep, in my sig below... leds for the guages are on order.. so dash is coming apart soon. Performance mods down the road.

12) 29

Thought it would be fun to answer it all... so what kind of project are you doing?
Old 04-20-2005, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Commercials, it just grew on me.

2. Why do you love the TC now that you own one? What do your friends think of it?
It's solid, quick, good gas milege, and its awesome even bone stock. Friends love the car, backseats are roomy and they recline!

Space, I use mine to travel from school every three months and I needed more space. Not a big fan of the xB or xA either. I wanted more power.

4. What other cars did you consider buying? Did you think of buying used? MAZDA3s and hatchback, Chevy Cobalt, Saab 9-3 (Used)

Appeal to the youth with Toyota at heart. Know quality is there. I like the no-haggle idea but it should go. People need to learn to haggle and what happens when the '06s come out and dealers can't discount the '05

6. Does Scions current advertising/marketing appeal to you? Why or why not?
I think it appeals to the youth market which is what they are going for, although I think the xB hit an older generation. I am happy with the advertising.

Mostly alternative/rock. Absolutly No (c)rap. I do listen to most everything else too.

8. What is your fashion style? What brands do you love and what brands do you hate?
I don't have a fashion style, maybe comfort? Jeans and a t-shirt usually work for me. I am discusted by Aberchrombie and Fitch, they are ridiculosly overpriced and only jocks buy them.

9. What are your hobbies? What do you like to do socially?
well, guitar, am a brother of FIJI (Phi Gamma Delta) although i don't party or drink really. raquetball and poker.

10. What would you think if Scion hosted a fashion event? What would you like to see happen at one?
Umm, cars and fashion events don't go together. So I think I would laugh, not attend, and be ashamed the day it was held. (I go to school at Kettering U, formaly General Motors Institute)

I bought wheel locks (school is in Flint, MI...slightly better then Gary, IN) and a 6 disk in-dash. I don't really have intentions of moding the car too much as I need it to be a strong runner for quite some time. Plus I have a '86 RX7 at home. (Yeah....im a roterhead)
Old 04-20-2005, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

1. What attracted you to the TC initially? the looks and it has 4 seats!

I love the sun roof, friends think it's an awesome car.
tC has more power and has better looks. :D
this time around i considered IS 300, G35C, EVO, STI

pretty good service and sales associates
6. Does Scions current advertising/marketing appeal to you? Why or why not?
No, because I already own one.
almost everything except country, techno

I try to avoid spending big bucks on name brands.

9. What are your hobbies? What do you like to do socially?
sports, yes

yes

yes

12. How old are you?
Old 04-20-2005, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its a coupe and not enough companies make them anymore.
I like it and I havnt heard anything but good things from other people.
I dont want a wedge or a box for a car.
Chevy Cobalt, Mazda 3. No
Seems ok.
6. Does Scions current advertising and event marketing appeal to you? Why or why not?
Some of it is ok.
Heavy metal
Im a jeans and tee shirt guy.
Sports, cars. My job is 7 days a week so not the one I want anymore.
Hot girls with not much cloths I guess.
Yes
12. How old are you?
Old 04-20-2005, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: TC Owners! I need help with a project

Originally Posted by mikekarnj
Hi

I'm doing a project on the scion tc and I would highly appreciate it if anyone that has a tC to fill out this really quick survey! Thanks in advance.

1. What attracted you to the TC initially? good modding platform that stands well on it's own merits. toyota reliability

2. Why do you love the TC now that you own one? It's a very well balanced machine, sporty and senceible What do your friends think of it?"cool"

3. Why did you get a TC over the XA or XB? the tc is more substantial

4. What other cars did you consider buying? none Did you think of buying used? no

5. What is your perception of the Scion brand? it's unfinished. I don't think scion knows what it is.

6. Does Scions current advertising and event marketing appeal to you? no Why or why not? I don't live on a coast or have a weekend to blow on an event I work on the weekends

7. What kind of music do you listen to? alt

8. What is your fashion style?odd What brands do you love and what brands do you hate? hate old navy love eddy bauer

9. What are your hobbies? painting cooking What type of nightlife do you live? work

10. What would you think if Scion hosted a fashion event? so?What would you like to see happen at one?

11. Did you purchase any extra accessories for your TC? a few

12. How old are you?36
Old 04-20-2005, 04:19 AM
5 Year Member

Low price tag, Toyota reliability, original concept, greta bang for the buck
I doin't actually own it yet. I'm in the process of doing the paperwork for it.
Because the xA and xB look like tupperware containers...
SRT-4, Mazdo3 4-door, Hyundai Tiburon
If Scion made nothing but the tC the world would be a better place O.O
Never actually seen any of the ads other than the boxes on wheels.
Alternative, Ska, Rock
Suit with no tie and open top button...if not that then jeans and a t-shirt
Classical music, electronics, I'm up at 5:30 every morning so my nightlife is...missing.
what the junk?
Security, Blue LEDs, Tire Locks, shifter ****
12. How old are you?
21 next month
Old 04-22-2005, 10:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet looking car!

Sweet looking car... and fast! My friends agree with me.

Umm... Sweet looking car... and fast! My friends agree with me.

Nothing. The tC convinced me to buy a new car.

Quality. It's a Toyota!

Don't see any advertising really. Don't watch too much tv. The event marketing is cool. It's a nice reach out.

Hmmm... let's see... 80's (except hair bands), old school rap, newer hip-hop, certain video game music, some techno/trance, some new music, very little country.

None. I don't care about fashion.

I like video games, going out with my girl, driving for fun.

No.

Yes. Security, Amber lights, Fog lights, TRD exhaust.

12. How old are you?
Old 04-22-2005, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the styling, appeal, look. standard feature. luxury look without breaking the bank

it feels good driving the tc, i like the torquekiness of it. Most of the time i cant wait to drive the tc. l always get good looks. My friends love it. Probably why i mostly drive when we go out at night.

I really didn't care too much about the scion brand until someone handed me a flyer of the tc. XA or XB was not even an option to me

before the tc, my mind was set on the toyota celica. but what can i say, the tc swept me off ma feet. I also considered buying an IS300 but I wasn't ready to spend that much money on cars yet

very futuristic. cool cars

most of the tc advertisment still appeal to me, cause they do a good job at appealing to peeps my age.

I like rap, hip hop, r and b, and reggae. I also listen to salsa but not in my tc.

I like the young professional look and love any brands that goes towards that.

I love to play basketball, and of course, doing a little something to my ride, but not too much. I definately go out a lot, mostly to nightclubs about 3 times a week

i would go, just to meet others with tc, would like to see the trend peeps are taking the tc.

I have the floor mats from the dealer. thats about it. I have a few after market stuff. foot pedals, lowering springs tinted windows. short shifter and billet grille coming soon

12. How old are you?

[img][/img][img][/img][/quote]
Old 04-23-2005, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Thanks a lot for everyone that helped with this survey. You can still add your responses!

So, is it safe to say that tc and xa,xb owners are two totally different people? And for a tc owner, what kind of events would attract you?
Old 04-23-2005, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikekarnj
So, is it safe to say that tc and xa,xb owners are two totally different people?
Yes, i have a split personallity.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The tC was the fruit of a two plus month research into buying my first new car. I had very specific criteria that the car had to meet. The tC matched or surpassed each criteria.

I love the interior, the styling, how beautiful the lines are. I don't really care what they think, but I'm sure they must think it's nice.

Neither the A nor the B were ever a factor in the process. See question one for more on "the process."

Several. Acura/Honda: CL, RSX-S, Integra, TSX, Accord Coupe. Mazda: 3, 6. VW: Passat, Golf. Nissan/Infiniti: Altima, G20, i30. BMW: 2002, 3 series. Mercedes Benz: Late 60s, early 70s models. Astin Healy. Yes I did consider buying used.

Youth oriented, no hassles, nothing hidden, very little bull____ to sift through. Quality products at a price that is equitable and practical for buyer and company. Seem to be on the "cutting" edge insofar as the process of purchasing a car is considered.

I like how things are currently set up. They use today's technology to promote their vision to potential buyers. Their use of actual owners to promote individuality and originality within a set framework is applaudable. I have yet to attend an event but would be pleased if they were similar to the advertising. I would like to see them have more adverts than late night local channels and cable sports channels. I have yet to see one during a major event or prime time television, though this may be due to the fact that I watch very little tv.

I listen to a variety of music. Electronica/Techno/House/Trance, Emo, Rock, Country, Independant, soul, funk, r&b, swing, jazz. Most everything short of rap and punk.

Varied. Within my workplace, function takes precedence over form. I need to have clothes that will last quite a while. Outside of the workplace, I tend to favor a relatively well dressed style. Dress shirts/pants, jeans mixed in. I don't have a "loyalty" to labels, just whatever appeals to me and is relatively inexpensive. I don't believe in paying regular price, ever. Secondhand stores are my best friend.

Martial arts, training, enjoying an occasional barbeque, going to movies, sporting events, concerts and the like. With my work schedule I don't have much of a night life, as often my workday begins around 5 am.

I might be interested to see how it was presented. I can't say that I would be too interested in the clothing, especially with what is currently for sale in the scion store. It's rather bland. I suppose it would be close to a traditional fashion show with a few twists, but I would not bue sure what I'd like to see at one. Perhaps some new car designs with options for feedback and even a place where one could design their own? Nice idea, but difficult application.

I did. I purchased: automatic transmission, ground effects kit, overpriced floormats, and lip spoiler.

12. How old are you?
Twenty three.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member

The over all design of the car is very attractive. Once I dug deeper and discovered the chassis design advantages, and engine potential, I was hooked.

I don't currently own one. I work for a Toyota dealership, so I get to deal with them day in and day out. I currently drive a highly modified honda Civic, that I will be selling in favor of a tC shortly. My friends love the tC, even though they don't know much more than what they see on the surface.

I will be getting a tC over and xA or xB because I'm looking for a performance vehicle, not a rolling media center.

I was actually considering buying a Honda S2000 since I've been a long time Honda fan. But now that I've gone to work for Toyota, I'm rapidly changing sides.

Not much to be said yet. I just hope Toyota's quality is maintained.

I think the marketing is clever. But advertising doesn't determine my choices. I'm a mechanic, I have to dive into something and explore it and tinker with it before I actually decide I want it or need it.

90% of the time, Techno. the rest of the time could be anything else... except country music of any kind.

My style is anything my wife suggests I should wear. If I were to dress myself all the time, I'd be dressed in a basic T-shirt or polo in some old navy cargo pants with flip flops on.

My hobbies are modifying my cars. sometimes racing them at legal venues. Never drag racing, I prefer autocross. My night life is that of a married man... when I do go out, it's with my wife by my side... we like to go to dance clubs, and the movies.... or spend time with our friends.

I have no opinion either way.

I'll be getting any performance accessory that may be available at my time of purchase.

12. How old are you?
Old 04-23-2005, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

1. What attracted you to the TC initially? I loved the lines of the car. It is very sleek and well designed. I loved how the front end looks like a Skyline!

2. Why do you love the TC now that you own one? What do your friends think of it? I love the tC for so many reasons. It's a blast to drive. It has such style! The Indigo Ink Pearl is a gorgeous color and the car is just simply beautiful. I love the fact that it comes with such cool rims from the factory, too.

3. Why did you get a TC over the XA or XB? The xA and xB are not my style. They are cool in their own ways, but it's not me.

4. What other cars did you consider buying? Did you think of buying used? The car I wanted originally was the Toyota Celica. That car is still my "dream car" but the dealers couldn't find me a GT-S 6-speed in Spectra Blue Mica, so I gave up my search. My friend mentioned the Scion tC before it was officially released and after researching it and deciding I liked it, I ordered one for me.

5. What is your perception of the Scion brand? The Scion brand is directed at the youth. The cars are very well priced so that young buyers can afford something with style instead of the Kia Rio or Hyundai Accent. I love the fact that Scion encourages you to customize your car.

6. Does Scions current advertising and event marketing appeal to you? Why or why not? Scion's car commercials rock! And the billboards I see while I'm out and about definitely catch attention. I have people who know I own a Scion tell me about the "cool" new advertisement they've seen. That makes me so glad I bought a Scion.

7. What kind of music do you listen to? I listen to all types of music, with the majority being Hip hop and R&B. I love trance music, of course rock and classic rock. I even like country music! I grew up with that music.

8. What is your fashion style? What brands do you love and what brands do you hate? I guess my favorite brands are Hollister Co. and sometimes Abercrombie. I don't always wear that brand, but I like the clothes and style they have. I guess I could describe my style as being "Cali Style". I live in jeans and flip flops and cute t-shirts or tanks.

9. What are your hobbies? What type of nightlife do you live? My hobbies are music and cars. =) I occasionally will go out with my friends, but I mostly come home from working at a restaurant and just chill out for a while.

10. What would you think if Scion hosted a fashion event? What would you like to see happen at one? I think it would be cool for Scion to have a fashon show. Some of my friends are jealous that Scion has clothes for sale on their site and their cars don't! I'm not sure what I'd like to see happen at one...maybe just see a cool DJ and see the streetwear that Scion should carry. (hoodies, hats, beanies, etc.)

11. Did you purchase any extra accessories for your TC? You mean from the dealer or "factory" accessories? I have the floor mats and cargo mat, b-pillar appliqués, mudguards, 6-disc changer, and TRD exhaust. I also purchased the TRD high performance air filter from the dealer.

12. How old are you? I'm 22 years old.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I liked that its a coupe for starters. Two, that its a brand new model this year. Three, that its affordable compared to other cars of the TC's quality.

2. Why do you love the TC now that you own one?
The extra power when I need it, great suspension.

I didn't like either of them

I looked at the Civic, the Lancer, the Mazda 3, the Jetta and the Cobalt. I was coming away from a used car and I wanted a new car.

They're trying to aim it at the youth market as well as the tuners.

I like the television commercials visually. I'm not planning on modding my car extensively, so its kinda wasted on people like me.

Rock and indie bands

8. What is your fashion style? What brands do you love and what brands do you hate? I wear whatever. Jeans and tshirts or shirts and ties, depends on where I'm going. Brands are pointless, especially if the clothes don't look good. Why advertise?

Cars, live shows, sports. Pretty non-existant between school and work.

I could give a damn

Mud guards and wheel locks. Door sills and some suspension stuff in the future.

12. How old are you?
Old 04-23-2005, 08:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

-Its looks attracted me to it first. Once I looked into it more and read all the standard features and everything, I knew I had to have one.

-just an amazing all around car. it has everything i wanted in a new car at a great price. my friends love it too. they are a bit jealous

-I was considering an xb, but the tC was more appealing to me.

-Honda Civic, Scion xB, Mazda3, Lexus IS300 (used), Acura RSX, 2005 ford mustang

-they build awsome affordable unique cars aimed to the youth, like me!

-yeah, its cool i guess. I like how they advertise their cars as customizable so you can personalize your scion.

-mainly hip hop, rap and r&b.

-no brands in particular. i wear kinda baggy pants and t-shirts or like polo shirts i guess

-i like cars, i like to go to parties and i like to go to the movies with my friends.

-i dont think id be interested. fashions not really my thing.

-yes. 6-disc cd changer, floor mats, honda s2000 antenna. soon im gonna get it lowered and tinted. might also get the door sills. i think they look cool, but overpriced!!

12. How old are you?
Old 04-23-2005, 11:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Looks

2. Why do you love the TC now that you own one? It's suits me more than my previous car. What do your friends think of it? 2 people at work want one.

3. Why did you get a TC over the XA or XB? Wanted a commuter car, with a kick

4. What other cars did you consider buying? I actually thought about the xB when I saw it up close and drove it....I warmed up too it 300% that day. Did you think of buying used? NOPE

5. What is your perception of the Scion brand? So far so good.

6. Does Scions current advertising and event marketing appeal to you? Why or why not? Sure, it's nice to seem some creativity in for a change.

7. What kind of music do you listen to? Everything

8. What is your fashion style? Real casual, not to keen on anything but cotton. What brands do you love and what brands do you hate? Not too brand concious when it comes to clothes, it's more about price and comfort.

9. What are your hobbies? My family, new home, photography, growing habaneros, and trying to be outside as much as a desk job allows. What type of nightlife do you live? Past that, I love being with my family.

10. What would you think if Scion hosted a fashion event? I don't know. What would you like to see happen at one? no idea.

11. Did you purchase any extra accessories for your TC? Not from the dealer, but I added a billet shifter, and a stubby antenna.

12. How old are you? Oh, I was afraid you'd ask that....39
[/b]
Old 04-23-2005, 12:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Looks, Price, Toyota Reliability

Looks, Price, Reliable. Nice

Looks

IS300, 325i, no

what they wanted me to think.

yes, their strategies are working.. to me at least

Pop

Casual, Brands? Whatever
Basketball, Games. I work at night.

you on crack?

trd springs, sway bar and pedals so far..

12. How old are you?
Old 04-23-2005, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Design, suprising test drive, dealer installed tractor beam
It is a nice car, and I like it and all that, but we're not moving in together...Friends?
I'm a fan of the chopper pilot on Magnum P.I.
Maclaren F1, Ferrari Enzo, Diahatsu Charade... maybe
It is a car company, that makes and sells cars..
6. Does Scions current advertising and event marketing appeal to you? Why or why not? Yes, I enjoy the way they focus their marketing to dyslexic people with ADD
Polka mostly, but some Icelandic ska as well..
Purple velvet track suits-need I say more?
**** fighting...Most nights, I end up face down on the couch, covered in Cheeto dust..
I'd be down with that, as long as the "models" were strippers..
green pine tree air freshener, Nitrous injection (for the passenger compartment)
12. How old are you?
How old do I look?
Last edited by mikekarnj on Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Old 04-23-2005, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The price and styling.

I'm one of those lucky kids with a brand new car at sophmore year. I love my tC because it has all the standard options i wanted for a good price. Oh yea it looks nice too.

Styling.

Cars i would buy if they didnt look ugly (in my opinion):
Celica GTS
Sentra Spec-V
SRT-4
Corolla XRS

Cars slightly out of my price range:
Altima 3.5SE
WRX
Accord EX V6
RX-8

Used cars i wanted to buy:
V6 Accord (2000)
Prelude
Tegra GSR
WRX

Toyota's youth brand.

Not really it makes teens like me look like weirdo's trying to appeal to their company.

Hip Hop, RNB, Trance (i'm a producer of all 3)

haha I have a big collection of polos. I wear a polo shirt and jeans usually. I love lacoste, ralph lauren and nautica. I hate... pac-sun skater types of clothes, not that i hate skaters.

VBall! Cars, technology, music. I dont have much of a nightlife, usually go to friends houses on weekends or the mall stuff like that. I dont drink or smoke.

I wouldnt be very interested. Fashion is not me forte.

I felt bad if i would buy accessories because my parents bought it for me, and they just through floormats in for me

12. How old are you?
I am 16.

Quick Reply: TC Owners! I need help with a project