2005-2010 [ANT10]

TC Owners! I need help with a project

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

1. What attracted you to the TC initially? at first, my dad showed me it in on of his car magazines and i didn't like it. but then i saw it again some months later and fell in love with it. the combination of the body of the car, the mods possible and the sunroof did it.

2. Why do you love the TC now that you own one? What do your friends think of it? i love my tC...all of my friends love my tC. i get occassional hate remarks, but so do we all.

3. Why did you get a TC over the XA or XB? two words...yuck! yuck!!

4. What other cars did you consider buying? Did you think of buying used? wanted a new car. pontiac g6.

5. What is your perception of the Scion brand? love the idea, the closeness of our group and community

6. Does Scions current advertising and event marketing appeal to you? doesn't matter, i already have one. but i haven't honestly seen any of the tC commercials. i like the "what moves you" slogan though.

7. What kind of music do you listen to? rock, alternative

8. What is your fashion style? What brands do you love and what brands do you hate? ROXY, anything from PacSun

9. What are your hobbies? What type of nightlife do you live? shopping, writing poetry, listening to music, going to shows 3 times a month.

10. What would you think if Scion hosted a fashion event? What would you like to see happen at one? Yuck. No.

11. Did you purchase any extra accessories for your TC? Tons...and I'm still working on them.

12. How old are you? 23
Old 06-12-2005, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. What attracted you to the TC initially? Price for the ammount of features included. Looks.

2. Why do you love the TC now that you own one? What do your friends think of it? comfort, speed. Friends jealous

3. Why did you get a TC over the XA or XB? Need for speed. It was a hard decision though....really wanted a box at first.

4. What other cars did you consider buying? Did you think of buying used? MR2 spyder, Honda Accord, Jeep......I would've bought used, but....

5. What is your perception of the Scion brand? Great idea, good car

6. Does Scions current advertising and event marketing appeal to you? Why or why not? Haven't really kept up with it...I've seen some of the commercials though.

7. What kind of music do you listen to? All. From classical to country to techno to rap

8. What is your fashion style? What brands do you love and what brands do you hate? tommy hilfiger....like all brands really.

9. What are your hobbies? What type of nightlife do you live? thinking of things to do to the scion, beer, pool, and anything scion related

10. What would you think if Scion hosted a fashion event? What would you like to see happen at one? have no idea...but I'd go for sure.

11. Did you purchase any extra accessories for your TC? Nope. Did it on purpose to. If I want it I'm going to do it myself. And it'll be original.

12. How old are you? 23
Old 04-25-2006, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: TC Owners! I need help with a project

1. What attracted you to the TC initially?
The "Absolutely Red" color and upgraded rims

2. Why do you love the TC now that you own one? What do your friends think of it?
Because it is a head-turner and only 2500 were made. My friends love it and always want to take it when we go out.

3. Why did you get a TC over the XA or XB?
The tC fits my personality better. Plus, I loved the Release Series package for the tC. I also wanted the extra horsepower and more power mods for the tC than the others for down the road.

4. What other cars did you consider buying? Did you think of buying used?
It was between the Scion tC or a VW Jetta

5. What is your perception of the Scion brand?
Definitely geared towards first time new car owners and very approachable about problems.

6. Does Scion's current advertising and event marketing appeal to you? Why or why not?
Yes. I believe they do a good job in advertising the car as fun and unique, yet affordable.

7. What kind of music do you listen to?
Hard Rock, 80's Rock, Alternative

8. What is your fashion style? What brands do you love and what brands do you hate?
Jeans and a t-shirt. I love Oakley stuff (not just sunglasses...but shoes, hats, etc.)

9. What are your hobbies? What type of nightlife do you live?
Computers, motorcycle drag racing, bass guitar, RC cars, restoring my RX7, too many other little hobbies. Not much of a night life. I relax at night. On the weekends, I work on my RX7.

10. What would you think if Scion hosted a fashion event? What would you like to see happen at one?
Wouldn't care. Probably wouldn't go to a fashion event ever, Scion or not. I don't like being told what is "cool" to wear.

11. Did you purchase any extra accessories for your TC?
The Release Series 1.0 package and Classic Leather shift ****.

12. How old are you?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Needed a new car (99 Mazda Protege was dying, leaking a quart of oil a DAY).
Chose tC based on style and value/price (it was either that or a used car...new car won)

2. Why do you love the TC now that you own one? What do your friends think of it?
Style... even haters have to look. And even though there's tC explosion right now (they're friggin' everywhere!), people still look. One dude riding in a Civic hung out the window to try to see what kind of car I was driving. That was just yesterday.
Space... no matter who gets into the backseat, the first thing I ALWAYS hear from people in the backseat is "You can put the seats back more, there's plenty of space".

xA too small, xB too weird for me (although my appreciation for both are higher after becoming a Scion owner)

All I considered were Used: 2002 - 2004 Mustang; Acura RSX; Chevy Monte Carlo (yeah, I know, how do you go from Jap import to American Redneck? I got a thing for big American cars though); Mazda Tribute (I was dating a chic that I thought might be 'the one' and thought maybe I should plan on getting a family car- then I came to my senses)... and I even test drove a used V6 Firebird.

They did a good job of conveying 'value' without making people think 'cheap' (as is the case with old Saturn, Kia, old Geo and Hyundai).
I do think they sort of missed their target audience though. Scion was marketed as a twenty-something, young adult car... but I see more older/middle age people driving xAs and xBs. But it's not really so much as 'missed' the audience, but actually attracting a wider group.

6. Does Scions current advertising and event marketing appeal to you? Why or why not?
No, simply because the 'transforming cars' commericals don't tell you anything about Scion. More substance over flash will prove how much value these cars really hold

Everything. But mainly alt rock, rock, classic rock, metal and stoner rock. But I do have tons of rap, techno/electronica and other various stuff

8. What is your fashion style? What brands do you love and what brands do you hate?
I guess that sort of 'alt-rock' style that's going on now. Ringer tees with blue jeans that aren't too baggy and aren't too tight. I don't care about brand names though.

Geek sh_it: Sci-fi, technology, gadgets, comics, video games, movies, and music. I'm also a pothead of the worst kind...so my friends and i don't go out really. lol.
And for the record: I work out. Reading the above answer might make you think I'm some overweight slob. I am not.

10. What would you think if Scion hosted a fashion event? What would you like to see happen at one?
It can't be a straight up fashion show. It's got to have edge to it. Combonation of loud rock and rap..and if it's hosted by Scion...them models better be walking down a runway with a tC or xB sitting on stage

From the dealer? No. I got the RS1.0 package.
Aftermarket: interior lighting, gadget stuff like an iPod/Sirius hookup, TRD springs, Honda antenna...and that's it so far.

12. How old are you?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: TC Owners! I need help with a project

Originally Posted by mikekarnj
Hi

I'm doing a project on the scion tc and I would highly appreciate it if anyone that has a tC to fill out this really quick survey! Thanks in advance.

6. Does Scions current advertising and event marketing appeal to you? Why or why not?

12. How old are you?
1. Price, looks, Toyota quality

2. Supercharged. Friends dig it.

3. Because I like 2 doors better

4. Honda Civic Si. and nothing used

5. Youthful, sporty

6. Yes because it's something different than the norm

7. Rock

8. Jeans and t-shirts, sweatshirts, bowling shirts. Old Navy 'cause it's cheap!

9. The car, cooking, video games, poker, drinking. Nightlife boring. Most friends are married/engaged etc.

10. No thoughts on this one...don't care/not interested

11. Credit Card, except spoiler...that was included in purchase price/financing

12. 32
Old 04-25-2006, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

wow...did you guys realize you brought this post back from the dead after almost a year? i forgot i even did this survey. lol. the last post was made june of 2005.