Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

tc or rsx-s

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 04:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tc or rsx-s

i'm not sure if getting a brand new tC or a used rsx-s?
Old 09-12-2006, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

if they are at same price, I will get the brand new.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

if you want performance, go with the s
Old 09-12-2006, 04:48 AM
5 Year Member

are they the same price?
Old 09-12-2006, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just go test drive, examine, take a look at the S
if no prob definitely take it
Old 09-12-2006, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

If I the money, I would be a RSX-S owner right now.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

They are both great cars! I would pick the tCand put a turbo in it!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Features and looks - tC

Out of the box performance - RSX S

But, tC with a turbo and a few choice mods... hands down winner... and winner on the street as well no problem.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ same can be said with the rsx s. with a turbo and mods it would be the hands down winner.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What year is the rsx-s and how many miles on it? As long as you like the color of it then I'd pick the rsx over the tc!
Old 09-12-2006, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by chazm
^ same can be said with the rsx s. with a turbo and mods it would be the hands down winner.
Very True, but hands down winner at 28,000 dollars modded... tC at 21,000 modded

the RSX will have a price curve on mods... the tC will perform near to the same with less price investment...

And won't be a HONDA

Both are great cars... IMHO, the tC looks way sleeker though...

In the end... it's what you like interior/looks wise for me. Just get what you're happy with.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think the rsx-s is damn sexy. and a better performer than the tc in any category. if you think otherwise, you're either a) anti-honda for some reason despite their reputation for amazing fwd cars and engines or b) just unaware that the rsx-s is one of the best handling and lightweight front wheel drives ever made. not to mention an awesome engine.

of course the price is the killer. dont get me wrong i love my tc, but if you dont care for performance (assuming its at the same price), then either way you go you get a hot, nice car.

note, im only talking abou the s-type. the regular rsx is nothing to compare to a tc.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

The RSX is a performance machine... that's for sure...

Also, if you show your car... having a tC is nice, as the Scion classes aren't yet overwhelmed like the honda/acura classes are!
Old 09-12-2006, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
Very True, but hands down winner at 28,000 dollars modded... tC at 21,000 modded

the RSX will have a price curve on mods... the tC will perform near to the same with less price investment...

And won't be a HONDA

In the end... it's what you like interior/looks wise for me. Just get what you're happy with.
pricey mods? the rsx is known for having the most significant gains on basic mods. if both cars where given the same amount of money in modifications, i would say the type-s would have to take the prize in most whp increased.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

RSX-S, no question
Old 09-12-2006, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rsx.. no doubt.. come on now..
Old 09-12-2006, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

RSX-S + Hondata for performance
Old 09-12-2006, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RSXaco
Originally Posted by WeDriveScions

And won't be a HONDA

pricey mods? the rsx is known for having the most significant gains on basic mods. if both cars where given the same amount of money in modifications, i would say the type-s would have to take the prize in most whp increased.
RSXaco: You forget the FACT that the type-s costs MORE (new).
Once you factor that cost and have put it into your tC, you'd already have a smoking~fast tC. As WeDriveScions mentioned: 28,000 dollars modded... tC at 21,000 modded.

ljbetances (the initial poster): why u even considering getting a used car???
Comparing a new vs used car in general is inconsistent just because of so many variables (specifically on the condition of the used car - who REALLY knows?).
Well, if you "must" consider "used" cars I'd MUCH rather get something other than a RSX-s...
Something I'd MUCH RATHER have would be more along the lines of NSX or Supra (used). Think about it.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

YEA! R2D2 Speaks! (I remember all the and such, LoL)

My point is that with less investment than the RSX-S stock, you can have a tC that will go head to head no problem, and in my opinion, be a sleeker and more featured car...

My tC gets way more attention modified at a show than any RSX I've seen and although, out of the box, an RSX-S is a formitable machine, there's something to be said in getting your hands dirty and bringing the tC right up to the Type-S doorstep, and still have a few bucks left over under the RSX price.

It's all opinion though... I love the tC styling and lines, the lack of negative honda/acura reputation, and the suprise of people who see the "little" scion kick some A** at shows and on the track, as they don't understand the potential and sleepyness of the tC in the right hands.

I agree that you can purchase an RSX and dump a few grand and get crazy results as well, but you're still at a higher price point... that's the disadvantage
Old 09-12-2006, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by R2D2
RSXaco: You forget the FACT that the type-s costs MORE (new).
Once you factor that cost and have put it into your tC, you'd already have a smoking~fast tC. As WeDriveScions mentioned: 28,000 dollars modded... tC at 21,000 modded.

ljbetances (the initial poster): why u even considering getting a used car???
Comparing a new vs used car in general is inconsistent just because of so many variables (specifically on the condition of the used car - who REALLY knows?).
Well, if you "must" consider "used" cars I'd MUCH rather get something other than a RSX-s...
Something I'd MUCH RATHER have would be more along the lines of NSX or Supra (used). Think about it.
i think to begin with he said the rsx-s was used, no? so it all depends on the price.

also, i dont know any smoking fast tc for $21,000. with tax alone you hit around $19. so wheres that 2 grand going? if you said... $23000, then you could say okay, fairly nice turbo kit. but suspension is still no match for the rsx-s, and weight makes it worse. so lets put in some more money for a good set of shocks/springs/coilovers. what are we around now? $25000? give or take 500.

so lets then say you hada used rsx-s. depending on the year, could be from $15-$19. already has a 6-spd. already nice suspension. 200hp vtec motor. lightweight. put in 5k for a complete turbo. whip a tc, as the motor will run more than likely more hp more reliably, as the motors are built for higher compression to begin with, and higher rpms. this is undeniable. and i hope nobody says some bs about torque, because thats only going to work off the line. most hondas dont win off the line, but a few seconds later.

so again, for price/performance...

used rsx-s > new/used tc
new rsx-s < new/used tc

and... NSX OR SUPRA? haha are you growing money for the nsx? ;] or have you found a seller of a decent supra? i saw a pig fly the other day! it was awesome. im just teasing.

Quick Reply: tc or rsx-s