Old 09-13-2006, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

:D
Old 09-13-2006, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, RSXaco: i'm simply correcting an incorrect statement...

Originally Posted by hunterUnknown
r2d2, nos is temporary and will never make your car be considered actually fast.
Originally Posted by RSXaco
Originally Posted by R2D2
I agree it is temporary, however Never say never because it CAN & has made cars fast (even though I'm highly against pure NOS powered). I have a buddy that rebuilt his Honda motor (B1 with 120 shot NOS (N/A mind u) which SMOKED the Turboed ones he raced.
who cares... i know someone with a 7 sec supra that can do doughnuts around your friend's civic. these cars have nothing to do with the threadstarters question. this thread is getting beat to death. lol, entertaining, yes?
Originally Posted by WeDriveScions

Thank You! Thank You!
Old 09-14-2006, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Its just LOL funny how people love to compare the tC to something uneven or on a completely different level
yet you still google different things about the two cars and find their similarities.

and RSXaco, thank you while i understand we own tCs here, it irritates me when people think they're more than what they are. there are many superior fwd cars in terms of performance, and of course all of them cost more. i forgot where it was written but you can say a tc is great, and then add the phrase "for the money" every time.
its true, fanbois everywhere.
we even have them on clubrsx, they think our cars are faster than anything on 4 wheels.

the motor is built to run at a higher compression. Which means that you will need a complete rebuild to run a turbo.
please do more research before posting false information as the one stated above.
I did do my research. I HAVE boosted an Rsx the right way. I could never afford it if it were my car. Toda components are the best for the kseries, and that what were used. as far as boosting with stock internals, it is not really safe to do above low amounts (7psi)....reason being, especially with a vtec engine, is that the compression is so high to begin with...ideally u want to start with like 9:1 compression ratio.....if u did it right, u would replace your crank, connecting rods and pistons, everything forged....and the pistons would be 9:1....then maybe resleeve the block, get a block guard and a good headgasket, then u could switch to turbo cams and a valvetrain to support those cams....then u would want to look into adequate fuel delivery....most turbo kits just come with all the stuff to run about 7psi....and for fuel management have little to nothing, except and FMU which isnt really that great....if u run low boost (7-8psi) u should be OK on stock internals, but still a little bit risky....if u start running lean or something it could be disastrous......as long as u spend the time and build the motor/fuel system for the boost u plan on running, you should be ok....but DO NOT go and buy one of these pre-fab turbo kits from greddy or fmax, drag or revhard....install them and then just jack up the boost....it will equal one big, expensive firecracker......just a word to the wise...take your time and do your research, because in the long run u will save yourself ALOT of time and money and aggravation.....if u do it right, your turbo rsx will be pretty quick.....if i were u i would jsut get a nice turbo kit, and upgrade fuel delivery and get it tuned....then run 7-8 psi....it will be a nice increase....tuning is very very important on a turbo, so basically the 3 factors to avoiding disaster are 1) adequate fuel system....2) adequate engine build up 3) good tuning.....if ur dialed and tuned in to where u should be, and your internals are swapped accordingly for the amount of boost, and your fuel delivery is up to par, it will be reliable and safe
Old 09-14-2006, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

as far as boosting with stock internals, it is not really safe to do above low amounts (7psi)....
so then it IS safe with a turbo a stock block under 7psi...

you posted v
the motor is built to run at a higher compression. Which means that you will need a complete rebuild to run a turbo.
you just corrected yourself

the engine, with any form of f/i would have the risk of being unstable, we understand that. you posted our motors CAN'T handle a turbo with a stock block, there are countless stock rsx's with a basic turbo with no problem, with of course what you said above "if tuned correctly"
Old 09-14-2006, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

as far as boosting with stock internals, it is not really safe to do above low amounts (7psi)....
so then it IS safe with a turbo a stock block under 7psi...

you posted v
you just corrected yourself

the engine, with any form of f/i would have the risk of being unstable, we understand that. you posted our motors CAN'T handle a turbo with a stock block, there are countless stock rsx's with a basic turbo with no problem, with of course what you said above "if tuned correctly"
Yes. The motor is safe at low boost levels. It is a string motor. It is a good. block. However it requires a rebuild to run the same boost that other motors(2az) can handle stock. Tuning is key and I wasn't trying to flame your car. I love the Rsx. In my opinion it is one the best all around fwd cars in existence, HANDS DOWN. I was simply stating what I have noticed in my experience with K-series motors. No flame, I respect these cars, but it is not perfect.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member

If I the money, I would be a RSX-S owner right now.

i totally agree.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No flame, I respect these cars, but it is not perfect.
agreed
Old 09-15-2006, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unbelievably though, there are several people that have been successfully running higher boost than 7-8 psi on stock internals on the K20 reliably. I think I've mentioned it before but there's a guy near me (one of the techs at my friends Acura dealership) that apparently runs 14psi on low boost and 18psi on high on the stock engine, daily driven! That's a pretty extreme example, given. I imagine he runs race gas and/or alcohol or meth injection to keep from blowing that engine into goat cheese though. The A2 is extremely high compression as it is (11:1, isn't it?).

I sure as hell would never do that. Though i understand he hasn't blown it yet in two years.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I i had fit comfortablly into the RXS-S, i'd have bought it.

You just can't beat the interior room on a tC.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'd definitely get an RSX Type S. With or without turbo, it's still fast.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Skunk
Unbelievably though, there are several people that have been successfully running higher boost than 7-8 psi on stock internals on the K20 reliably. I think I've mentioned it before but there's a guy near me (one of the techs at my friends Acura dealership) that apparently runs 14psi on low boost and 18psi on high on the stock engine, daily driven! That's a pretty extreme example, given. I imagine he runs race gas and/or alcohol or meth injection to keep from blowing that engine into goat cheese though. The A2 is extremely high compression as it is (11:1, isn't it?).

I sure as hell would never do that. Though i understand he hasn't blown it yet in two years.
i guess it would be possible. i personally never heard of that much running on our cars stock.
I i had fit comfortablly into the RXS-S, i'd have bought it.

You just can't beat the interior room on a tC.
really? didn't feel much of a difference when i drove the tC. not sure about the rear seats though, i know the rsx is very tight back there
Old 09-15-2006, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

tc has hella room. i didnt think so at first but after some seat adjusting, tons of room.

also, no we dont have a lot of experience with boost, because of a lack of time under the high pressure conditions. we wont know till later.

but the k series is proven in every aspect. period. proof is written all over the cars they're in.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I was able to choose and not worry about the price I'd get the Acura. It's faster, nicer on the indside, handles better, better materials, it has a six speed.... Basically everything the tC isn't. If the tC had all the same specs, I'd get it because it isn't as common as the RSX. If your looking at a used RSX, unless it has 15,000 miles or less get the tC. Brand new > used.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you know, its funny. we're all saying the tc is more unique, but i personally dont see many rsx-s models driving around. or many rsx's to begin with. i see tCs EVERYWHERE.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member

I'm also considering the same purchase; used RSX-S vs. new Tc. I'm leaning towards the Tc because it has more room, lower operating costs (insurance/regular gas), no leather, and I like having a new car. The Tc has plenty of power and turning ability for daily driving.

The RSX is surely the more refined and better perfoming of the two, but I can't afford a new one, it's a tighter fit, useless back seat, premium gas, higher insurance, and you never know what you're getting in a used car.

BTW- all of this turbo posteuring is most likely pointless to the original poster. Most daily driven rsx's and tc's will never see such extensive mods. If he could afford a $5K turbo kit, why would he be considering a used rsx-s?
Old 09-21-2006, 07:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You'll get raped by the insurance company wit the RSX-s. This is one reason I went with the tC. How would you like paying more each month for insurance than car payments?
Old 09-21-2006, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

^ Good Point....

Impressed the hell out of a RSX owner getting onto the freeway... I was behind him turning on the ramp as he floored it up the on ramp to the freeway... I roared right behind him and game beside after merging to say hello.... he smiled and surely didn't think I could accelerate up to speed with him...
Old 09-21-2006, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well since the rsx is being discontinued, and i like to drive an up to date car...i'd go with the tC
Old 09-21-2006, 10:51 PM
ehj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tC

I like torqy engines. I hate having to rev the engine to death just to get to freeway speeds.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want a fast car, instead of the RSX-s, get the Cobalt SS Supercharged. RSX-s is slower than the Cobalt and the Cobalt has much more torque than the RSX-s.

Quick Reply: tc or rsx-s