Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

TC SINGLE DIN DECK INSTALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default TC SINGLE DIN DECK INSTALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok im so excited i got my alpine deck in the tc... alot of people been wanting to do this but it looks like ____ cause nobody has a kit for it... but not anymore ... if you use the plastic kit of a new mr2 it works and the flap still works with it . the metal bracket that holds the stereo has to have two drill holes added to push the stereo back some so the flap can close.... it took like 30 minutes and thats with figuring it out. circuit sity did it
here are some pics.......oh wait one mroe thing with an extra 80 watts added now with this deck it makes a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy big difference in sound ... it sounds wayyyyyyyyyyy nice ....

Old 07-23-2004, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

.a
Old 07-23-2004, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

it also puts an extra compartment that cd cases fit in underneath the deck
Old 07-23-2004, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mmmm not really liking the look of that head unit but congrats for getting it in there!
Old 07-23-2004, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the install a lot. Head units are a matter of personal preference. That one's ok, but I think I like the Panasonic in Blue Lightning's car better. Personally, I want to get this Kenwood:

At least I wouldn't have to buy an install kit!
Old 07-23-2004, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Giravani
Mmmm not really liking the look of that head unit but congrats for getting it in there!

well the pics dont do it justice but there are no gaps.. and thats a sick lpine deck with mp3 aaaaand wma plus a crossover and eq
Old 07-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Re: TC SINGLE DIN DECK INSTALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by maybeillcatchfire
ok im so excited i got my alpine deck in the tc... alot of people been wanting to do this but it looks like ____ cause nobody has a kit for it... but not anymore ... if you use the plastic kit of a new mr2 it works and the flap still works with it . the metal bracket that holds the stereo has to have two drill holes added to push the stereo back some so the flap can close.... it took like 30 minutes and thats with figuring it out. circuit sity did it
here are some pics.......oh wait one mroe thing with an extra 80 watts added now with this deck it makes a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy big difference in sound ... it sounds wayyyyyyyyyyy nice ....

Is that the old model Alpine?
A nice GPS system would have gave it some class......
Old 07-23-2004, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

no it isnt the old one its there cda-9813 with time delay, v-power 240 watts. xm, trubass engine and crossover.. and media expander
Old 07-24-2004, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet! looks good. i just picked up a cda-9827 for my tC on order. weird already having a new head deck for a car i don't even have yet.

any install pics?? we should collect install pics. can someone document their install so i can imagine doing it, since i'm STILL WAITING for my car!! aagh
Old 07-24-2004, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member

Default ugly ____

that looks like crap buddy, sorry just speaking my opinion, def, woulda stuck with the stock, and sold that POS alpine and saved the other 500 bones up and bought an LCD screen, no bootleg adapters needed, fits in perfect.
bootleg
Flip
Old 07-24-2004, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: ugly ____

Originally Posted by Flip Magoo
that looks like crap buddy, sorry just speaking my opinion, def, woulda stuck with the stock, and sold that POS alpine and saved the other 500 bones up and bought an LCD screen, no bootleg adapters needed, fits in perfect.
bootleg
Flip

your right the statment of that deck being a pos is an opinion.. the pictures i dont think do it justice there is no gap its straight and it isnt a bootleg kit its for the new celicas and mr2's ..they just so happen to share the same kit
Old 07-24-2004, 01:47 AM
2JZ
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey man... an alpine head unit always kicks ___...

as for the double din units, they do fit nicely, but since it's like an all in one type system, i feel like it doesn't do any particular job well... but that's just my audiophile days talking... i had a Sony Mobile ES head unit with the Pioneer DEP 9200 DSP with infinity kappa components, pioneer premier 6x9s in the rear deck, two 15" RF DVC subs powered by two separate RF amps once... =p

anyway, glad that the mr2 kit worked out for ya ;)
Old 07-24-2004, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good job bro As long as you like it that's all that matters. It's your car and you are the only person you have to please .
Old 07-24-2004, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JasonH
I like the install a lot. Head units are a matter of personal preference. That one's ok, but I think I like the Panasonic in Blue Lightning's car better. Personally, I want to get this Kenwood:

At least I wouldn't have to buy an install kit!
It's true you wouldn't have to buy an install kit.....you'd have to pay for a custom install. The Scion double-DIN headunit is larger than a standard double-DIN.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my only complaint would be the color of the buttons. im not a huge fan of green. i do know that mp3-cd player is tops and if it werent green, i too would own one. congrats on the deck. im assuming the cover goes over the whole thing perfectly?
Old 07-24-2004, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member

I really like my alpine unit. The mx engine is cool. I dont dig the green buttons on that model but the blue ones my mine I like =p

I'm probably going to do the same thing you did because I have that same kit, currently in my 03 celica.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it looks pretty good, My only complaint about the tC is the flap, they should of pute volume and station controls on the steering wheel and it would of been better. Besides atleast you have a tC to pute one in .......
Old 07-24-2004, 04:49 AM
5 Year Member

bootleg
Flip
yeah.... the stocker is much better NOT!!!!!!!!!!!
The funny thing is that the Alpine will sound way better than any Kenwood.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

bootleg
Flip
since the install is clean..yea its your opinion..people who get alpine decks usually dont get them for looks because alpine doesn't make the most eye appealing decks..they get it for the better sound quality and features...
Old 07-24-2004, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

why thank you for your comments i like it ...oh and they should have put controls for the stereo on the steering wheel with that flap...and also the flap still works it opens and closes just the same

Quick Reply: TC SINGLE DIN DECK INSTALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!