2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC still in high demand!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tC still in high demand!

well, yesterday was a great day for me i went to the dealership to put down a deposit for a ssm tc :D (auto base with auto-dimming mirrors only) and i was shocked that they(stevens creek toyota/scion) said it could take up to 60 days until i got the car. Im not in a rush so its ok but its crazy how this car is in high demand and its been release back in late june. I wonder how long it takes until demands are met.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go with a different dealer. It took me about 7 days to get mine.

From what I know, dealers can't order squat. Toyota gives them an allocation of X units. Your deposit is to get your name on a list and pretty much assure you get what you want as soon as your turn on the list comes up. If you have to wait that long, your dealer probably has either 1. a small allocation 2. a VERY long list.

There is a silver one up the street from me at the dealer right now, been sitting there for about 14 days now.

You can warranty at any dealer, just find the one that has the quickest period between allocations and has the one you want or similar coming in.

Call around. Good luck.

Richard
Old 10-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Banned
SL Member

they are just sitting on the lots here in fort lauderdale.....come and buy one please....
Old 10-12-2004, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
they are just sitting on the lots here in fort lauderdale.....come and buy one please....
We know.... you have said it like 12908312897 times. He is in California, not Ft. Lauderdale, so your post is worthless as usual. Please stop post whoring in the tC section, you can do that all you want in the xA section and will see no complaints.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by apexjr
Go with a different dealer. It took me about 7 days to get mine.
In California, or at least in San Jose, the wait is 2 months. I live in San Jo and mine took 5-6 weeks. Not sure if you would even want to try ANYWHERE in California. I called every dealership up Northern California from San Jose to Sacramento and EVERYONE had a 2 month wait (although maybe 3 dealerships had a Cherry Pearl on the lot). And So. Cal probably has too many people as it is. If worse comes to worse, I heard Vegas has some tC's on the lot. You could take a trip.

Originally Posted by apexjr
From what I know, dealers can't order squat. Toyota gives them an allocation of X units. Your deposit is to get your name on a list and pretty much assure you get what you want as soon as your turn on the list comes up. If you have to wait that long, your dealer probably has either 1. a small allocation 2. a VERY long list.
Correction, your deposit isn't a guarentee for the car, but more as an act of good faith. It assures you the option of receiving one. Supposedly, some people have complained their dealers are scumbags and skipped them in lines. We would need to hear from both sides. In the meantime...

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...902&highlight=
Old 10-12-2004, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just in: Cybergypsy is the slasher on Nip/Tuck. Can you believe it?????

Kevin
Old 10-12-2004, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member

Took me 8 days from the time I walked in the dealership, to the time I drove away with my tC that was ordered.

Check another dealer.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Sept 28- ordered indigo ink 5spd, no side airbags, paid $400 deposit
Oct 11- dealer called me and told me it was in.
Oct 14- picking it up after work.

14 days for it to get on the lot, but I'm in Pittsburgh

good luck to you REaL, I hope you get it sooner than expected
Old 10-13-2004, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man is california the only place that is in high demand then the dealers here dont even have a floor model. i shopped around alot of places but stevens creek scion had the best service and i was in and out about 20-30 mintues.

the dealership said they were getting a few in a couple of days but it was loaded with options i didnt want i think thats why its gonna take so long. there was a contract stating that when the car comes in it should be the exact car i wanted with the stuff i ordered and they had to give me that exact car not a similar one by 60 days if not they have to return by deposit with 10% interest.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:14 AM
Banned
SL Member

Scrummy Mcownage, dude I live in the burgh too. Was supposed to get my white tC today but it didnt come in, now the dealers saying end of this week early next week. I suddenly have a feeling he's 100 percent bsing and it's gonna take the full 4 to 6 weeks for it to come in. As of right now i've only been waiting a week and 1 day. I thought I had this scumbag dealer owned, but I guess he's bending me over instead. Oh well maybe I will get it soon. Question what dealer are you gettin yours at I'm at Rohrich Scion, my dealer is some guy named Karl. Hahaha that name really sucks, reminds me of a Hot Carl every time I say it.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:32 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by fearturtle44

Kevin

are you a idiot, or trying hard to be funny....oh and I just can't think that anyone would wait for a TC!!!!!
And if someone wants something that bad there is shipping.....duhhhhhh
Old 10-13-2004, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 10-13-2004, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey man yeah i ordered from stevens creek scion, and they told me 4--6 weeks its been 8 and still no call, my dad doesnt mind though cause i dont take my license test for another two weeks, but its taking them a long time, but they were real courteous people, their estimates are off to me though
Old 10-13-2004, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

o yeah and i would definitely pay a visit to fremont and capitol, i believe fremont would be the less high demand.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
Originally Posted by fearturtle44

Kevin

are you a idiot, or trying hard to be funny....oh and I just can't think that anyone would wait for a TC!!!!!
And if someone wants something that bad there is shipping.....duhhhhhh
Well, I guess I could be AN idiot but I am not A idiot..... You gotta love it!

Kevin
Old 10-13-2004, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

I live in Alabama, I went in with my wife to get her tC and they said that we can pick it up in 3 days. They have it waiting for us. It is a flint mica auto.
Dan
Old 10-13-2004, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my scion dealer told me that they were only making 60,000 TCs for '05 because they wanted them to catch on. so yeah the TCs are in high demand.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is it just me or is Cybergypsy's spelling actually improving. I remember a couple of months ago it was much worse. I guess Hooked On Phonics worked for her!
Hehe sorry Cyber nothing personal

Oh and for you folks looking for a tC in Northern CA, try Freeman Toyota in Santa Rosa and Melody Toyota in San Bruno. I found them to be quite effective in getting a tC.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:08 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Woodyear
Scrummy Mcownage, dude I live in the burgh too. Was supposed to get my white tC today but it didnt come in, now the dealers saying end of this week early next week. I suddenly have a feeling he's 100 percent bsing and it's gonna take the full 4 to 6 weeks for it to come in. As of right now i've only been waiting a week and 1 day. I thought I had this scumbag dealer owned, but I guess he's bending me over instead. Oh well maybe I will get it soon. Question what dealer are you gettin yours at I'm at Rohrich Scion, my dealer is some guy named Karl. Hahaha that name really sucks, reminds me of a Hot Carl every time I say it.
For you guys around Pittsburgh, I'm from Steubenville, Ohio about 30 miles from Pittsburgh, but seriously look at Jim Robinson Scion in Wheeling, WV which is about 35 miles or so from Pittsburgh. Got my car with the options I wanted in 8 days! Absolutely great dealer!
Old 10-13-2004, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Dealers can order some of the car setups they get from toyota, but only about 30%. So if they only get a few certain ones a month, so you'll have to make them really want to put yours on priority. Also shop around with other dealers, have them on the hunt too, they might be hungrier for your business and more willing/able to make a trade for the one you want.

Quick Reply: tC still in high demand!