tC Subwoofer Mystery

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tC Subwoofer Mystery

Anyone know what this is?
http://homepage.mac.com/jimallison/PhotoAlbum24.html

Random blue strap hanging out of my sub. Dealer had no idea what it is. I don't wanna pull it out if I'm not supposed to.

Thanks!
- Jim
Old 08-27-2004, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

maybe to be able to pull the sub out to get to spare tire tools? im not sure where those are but iv heard they're behind the sub and it wasn't a great design
Old 08-27-2004, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks like a bikini top. Perhaps there's a dismembered hooker in there. Better check it out before the cops do.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks like a shoe lace...

Maybe, it's one of those cords that make removing the sub easier??

or a loose sub powercord? -just doesn't look like one...

YANK IT!!
Old 08-27-2004, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Rodax
Looks like a bikini top. Perhaps there's a dismembered hooker in there. Better check it out before the cops do.
HAHAHHAAHA THAT WAS FUNNY AS HELL!
Old 08-27-2004, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think this has been mentioned by JasonH in his install instructions although I don't think it's pictured. I'm pretty sure that blue cord is to remove the grill. The gain **** is behind it, so you need to be able to get it off, but at the same time that cord isn't hooked to anything, so if you do take it off, i think it comes out and you have to make sure you wedge it in there when you put the cover on or you won't be able to do it next time. I'd pull it open and then reposition the string so it isn't so damn obvious - you could probably put it on the bottom or side or only have a little of it sticking out.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm im still wondering if i should get that or not. i got a better amp and sub but that looks so much nicer
Old 08-27-2004, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by iowagary
I think this has been mentioned by JasonH in his install instructions although I don't think it's pictured. I'm pretty sure that blue cord is to remove the grill. The gain **** is behind it, so you need to be able to get it off, but at the same time that cord isn't hooked to anything, so if you do take it off, i think it comes out and you have to make sure you wedge it in there when you put the cover on or you won't be able to do it next time. I'd pull it open and then reposition the string so it isn't so damn obvious - you could probably put it on the bottom or side or only have a little of it sticking out.
You got it. At my last club meet another member showed me, pulled off the grille to get to the gain ****. Takes some yanking to get that thing off, too.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:37 AM
2JZ
5 Year Member
SL Member

you use that to pull the grating off so you can adjust the gain and otherwise get to the sub as needed.... otherwise you'd need a nylon removal tool which i don't think most of us have.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for all the replies! You guys rock. It does indeed look like you are right and the strap was just in an odd place. Sadly when I went to pull it to remove the grille and relocate the strap the stupid thing just ripped and came off in my hand.
Subwoofer is still fine but I cant get into it to get to the control so I'll see if the dealer and fix it for me.

Thanks again!
- Jim
Old 08-27-2004, 06:58 AM
5 Year Member

what size sub is that? How does it sound?
Old 08-27-2004, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Forevermore
hmm im still wondering if i should get that or not. i got a better amp and sub but that looks so much nicer
I don't have my car yet but I'm definitely getting the sub when it comes in - the fit and finish is about 75% of my decision. If it sounded like complete ____ I wouldn't get it, but otherwise I don't care.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 04ScionXB
what size sub is that? How does it sound?
10", 150 watts. Sounds great. Definitely better than a Bazooka tube or Infinity Basslink. It has plenty of power and volume, in fact, I might try blocking the port to tighten it up (even though I would lose some volume.)
Old 08-27-2004, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really like the way the sub looks and fits in the car. Sounds pretty good so far but I haven't had much time to really crank it.
Not sure how much I'll like it when I am trying to get to my spare tire but sometimes you have to make sacrifices for nice things right?

- Jim
Old 08-27-2004, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JimAllison
Not sure how much I'll like it when I am trying to get to my spare tire but sometimes you have to make sacrifices for nice things right?

- Jim

reading JasonH's installation page really got me into getting the bazooka subwoofer. But i didnt think about that... how do you access the lower compartment under the carpet after you install the subwoofer. is the subwoofer conveniently movable? or is does it require unscrewing something to move it?

how do you guys like the bazooka sub?
Old 08-27-2004, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I believe the cargo mat and rigid cover over the spare tire will actually slide out from under the sub. The sub is only attached to the sides, kind of suspended there. I haven't tried it yet, but someday I will.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Has anyone with the Bazooka sub tried getting to your spare tire or the tools?
Old 09-21-2004, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr Meaty
I did the first week I had my car just to check it.... it is VERY easy to get the mat and cover out.... major problem is getting the cover back IN.... because of the front "tabs" that lock the cover in place (not the discs that you turn), you have to angle the cover in place to snap it in.... the mat just takes some inching and sliding to get it back under
Old 09-21-2004, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WaterDragon
Originally Posted by Mr Meaty
I did the first week I had my car just to check it.... it is VERY easy to get the mat and cover out.... major problem is getting the cover back IN.... because of the front "tabs" that lock the cover in place (not the discs that you turn), you have to angle the cover in place to snap it in.... the mat just takes some inching and sliding to get it back under
This is what I really like about this sub. The sound will be "good enough" - not audiophile quality, but I don't plan on dynamatting my whole car either. The real key is that thing fits SOOOO GOOOOD! I love the fit and finish of this thing. This is why it feels like such a nice car. I can't wait to get mine with all the little goodies!
Old 09-22-2004, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

My carpet mat in the back doesnt slide under the sub. In addition, if you purchase the cargo net, which is really quite handy and cool, the sub blocks one of the four clips it hooks into. Just an FYI. I do like the sub though.

Quick Reply: tC Subwoofer Mystery