Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC will not be a COMPELTE car without these factory options!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can get any of the options you ask for. Just not always from every dealer. This is what allows you/us to purchase the HIGH-QUALITY canvas (tC/xB/xA) at a cheap price and make it our style at the least possible price. This way, we all end up with the car we want most (as INDIVIDUALS...not as the car manufacturer envisions us to be).

Complaining/whateveritisyoucallit about Toyota's factory options is fairly fruitless, because just about anything Toyota makes available as an accessory is cheaper and/or better obtainable in the aftermarket.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member

Corey415 you and I are on the same page. Some of these guys have not had chance to play with navigation and xenon.. these are some cool things and very useful.. but they don't seem to have problem with 1500 dollar wheels which serves almost no pratical reasons or huge tail pipe for 500 bucks just for the sound, or "high perfermance" air filter etc. I test drove a TSX recently just for the fun, and its navigation system was amazing, I knew I was never going to get lost again!
Old 06-22-2005, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member

Hey confusionPM, you forgot Mazda pricing are negotiable so whatever the list is, you don't pay list... I dont care even if some of these dealer trying to take advantage of having a hot car.. any cars that is made in masses you don't never pay list, All you do is wait awhile they would be forced to reduce them to move them. Scion is pure price so that' s another story
Old 06-22-2005, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

if you are so retarded that you get lost leaving your house each day then go and spend your $24,000 for a mazda 3 and stop complaining here. for the rest of us who really need directions from time to time, mapquest works just fine.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the bose system in the camaro/pathfinder was/are crap. they try to do too much with 4 inch 0.5(?) ohm 'subwoofers'. even the home stuff is weird. you HEAR the bass, but you don't FEEL the bass. they are good for their size, but unfortunately size does matter when it comes to moving air.

Originally Posted by spydersocal
Plus when you buy several options from factory they are cheaper...Lastly, i didn't say add these option as standard and increase the price what I said was it would be nice to have the option to buy them if needed.

Hey confusionPM, you forgot Mazda pricing are negotiable so whatever the list is, you don't pay list... I dont care even if some of these dealer trying to take advantage of having a hot car.. any cars that is made in masses you don't never pay list, All you do is wait awhile they would be forced to reduce them to move them. Scion is pure price so that' s another story
scions are monospec, to keep prices down. having factory (assembly plant) options increases production costs doing custom cars for everybody. and if you think getting them installed at the dealer is cheap...well...

The whole point was so that you don't have to negotiate, or wait for the end of year clearance where you can get the color you want so long as it is on the lot. you go into scion pick color, tranny, SAB and get one. no 5+ hour bull____ in the sales office while they go talk to their manager 15 times. if i had to do that i wouldn't have bought this car, twice. enough editing ;P
Old 06-22-2005, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member

Kwiksilver, do you live in a small town? Or do you only travel one street you whole life? There are people who needs to get to different place that need navigation, do you even know what navigation does? Have you tried it? Mapquest?
Let me clue you in, try Google Map and come back here thank me later! Dont want to argue with you but you need to chill out. Stop bashing others just because I have different opinion then you. Are you even out of highschool yet? From the way you talk it seems you really need some higher education dude.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh, no doubt navigation systems are handy, but the ones offered by most manufactures as options for their cars run the price of 1700-2000$. i could get just as useful of a system from best buy for as little as 600$ (link) so honestly, i dont care. if they had it as a ~2000$ add on option like mazda or acura, i'd likely pass and buy one for less than half the money. and likely in a few months, when i can afford it, i'll probably buy that model in the link for myself.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

college spydersocal. that's where i am. and yes i've played with navigation in the g35 that i almost bought, which also had hid lights. navigation is completely useless in everyday life. i know how to get where i'm going in my daily driving. and on the very few occasion that i need to find a new place, the mapquest online driving directions works great. i just print it out and follow the instuctions. i've never had a problem in the years that i've used it. all i am saying to you is that the tc has what it has and if you don't like it (which it honestly sounds like you don't), then go and buy a different car. complaining here is like a rocking chair; it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member

Oh please the $600 system has tiny screen, battery has to be recharged, you have to hide it or take with you when leave the factory option has much large sceen, you get dealer support.. the $1700 is well worth it... if you look at the Crutchfield site, they got a larger sceen navigation that was featured in current Scion cataglog project car, that navigation cost $2K. pls compare apple to apple..don't let price woo you alone.. have you compared factory type to aftermarket budget navigation sys? Just because they call it navigation doesn't mean it works as they claimed... same can be said about factory type as well, you have to try it and like it..
Old 06-22-2005, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LEATHER IS POSSIBLE AT MOST DEALERSHIPS LIKE MINE, EVEN HEATED, WE ALSO SELL NAVI. HEADLIGHTS?-UP-GRADE THEM IF U WANT THEM, PLUS UR MISSING THE FACT THAT THIS CAR COMES WITH A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF STANDARD STUFF FOR CHEAP, SCION IS TRYING TO APPEAL TO A YOUNGER (18-2 AUDIENCE, IM GLAD U LIKE THE CAR, BUT WE ARE AIMING FOR A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO DONT MAKE THE MONEY U DO, SO WHILE THE CAR ISNT PERFECT FOR U, IT IS FOR MOST TC OWNERS
Old 06-22-2005, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh please the $600 system has tiny screen, battery has to be recharged, you have to hide it or take with you when leave the factory option has much large sceen, you get dealer support.. the $1700 is well worth it... if you look at the Crutchfield site, they got a larger sceen navigation that was featured in current Scion cataglog project car, that navigation cost $2K. pls compare apple to apple..don't let price woo you alone.. have you compared factory type to aftermarket budget navigation sys? Just because they call it navigation doesn't mean it works as they claimed... same can be said about factory type as well, you have to try it and like it..
its an electronic map and directions gizmo. i'd say thats apples to apples. an unfair comparrison would be to compare the 2000$ system to say, a 10$ thomas brothers map book.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member

Kwiksilver, I am not complaining, read me emails again.. If tC is already "Perfect" then I bet you $100 Toyota will never make changes to it again. Dude you are obviously young and have no manner in the way you talk to people so I will cut you some slack. I love tC i don't know how many time I got to say it, people who love the car is also the critic have you ever heard that before dude? Seriously where are you from? If I had to guess, I say west virginia. Please don't drive down the street with your wrinkled mapquest paper and crash into my new tC... take 5 min go play Google Map, it will be my free education to you, to show you there are MUCH better things out there you don't even know and oh don't forget to thank me later for Google map..chill dude
Old 06-22-2005, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

speaking of having no manner in talking (or writing being that this is a message board), go back and read your posts. i'd say that i outperform you with flying colors when it comes to sentence structure and clear statements. i just don't capatalize my letters. i'm guessing english wasn't your favorite subject?

besides the word "retarded" that i used a few posts back, i don't think anything about the way i wrote in my posts communicated any kind of lack of intelligence.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member

cfusionpm, seriously is that your name? They are NOT the same. It's a complicated piece of gadget, trust youdon't want to be stuck with something that don't work. Go ask for a demo drive with TSX with nav and then come go trust the tiny portable nav at best buy and come back thank me..you don't want to spend $$$ i understand dude

WaldorfScion, you are CORRECT scion try to please youngsters, but hey I am only 33.. there are tons of "older" people love this brand too. because it's cool factor.. no one can answer my question why your competitors can offer all these "fancy" options but Scion cant'..

Tell you what, I gurantee you next year Scion will offer nav or leather..why? Because dealer are selling them, competitors are selling them... you the dealer wouldnt be selling them unless people are interested and buying them so why wouldn't Scion decide to offer them? I think these options are coming, it's a short term overlook for Scion as they continue to build the brand they will realize Toyota is becoming an older crowd more boring and mature type but doesn't mean they can't offer some nice options on the Scion brand. Seriously how long do you think they want to stay in the basement pricing level. If anything they are trying to figure out ways to get sell at a higher pricing may be not now but sooner or later Scion will introduce newer models with higher level of equipment.. just look at it now, they started with $14k XA and $16K XB and moving to $17k to $20K range tC...
Old 06-22-2005, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member

Kwiksilver, my last mail to you I see there is no need to waste any more of my breath. It should all be about cars here but you fired first shot. I am simply defending myself. I accept your apology.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

seriously, spydersocal, if you feel like other companies have a better product to offer, go and buy theirs, not scion's. if the things that you listed are essential for you to have, then when it comes to some of them, you are looking at the wrong car for you.

and on a side note, why do you keep asking people to do something and then come back and thank you? i mean, no one's really going to do it. do you really need that to validate that you are a worthwhile person?
Old 06-22-2005, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member

Kwiksilver, ok may be this is my last email to you since we are becoming best friends now. IF and WHEN i decide another car is better than tC, I will buy it. But you know what I LOVE tC, so I am going to express my OPINION. I am sorry you don't seem to get that. With regards to asking you or other to "do something", you know what facinates me about some people is that they are so taken by the certain thing they casually dismiss others without ever perosnally experienced it. So if you HEAR me out, my point to you go try something real for once then express your opinion. Oh don't bash others so quickly it makes you seem like an A*&.
Have you tried Google Map? It's really that much better than Mapquest. Don't be afraid my friend, just try it you too can find your way in West Virginia. Just kidding! I live in LA where it's HUGE, since you didn't say where you live I assume you don't live in California probably have no idea how freaking big it is, navigation out here is just about essential if one can afford it. PEACE!
Old 06-22-2005, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Kwiksilver, my last mail to you I see there is no need to waste any more of my breath. It should all be about cars here but you fired first shot. I am simply defending myself. I accept your apology.
you try to sound intelligent, but for 33, you don't. for starters these "things" that you are reading are not "mail" or "e-mail," they are posts. also, i didn't apoligize to you, so you must have read something wrong (i know, i know. that was an attempt at sounding like the "bigger person" so a little credit goes to you there). you are trying to be witty and high class sounding, but for 33, you really didn't pull it off. i can write better than you and i'm only in my really early 20s. oh well, "A" for effort though.

and the funny thing is i do live in california and i don't get lost like you. also, i'm not going to stop using something that has never failed me. mapquest has never failed me so i continue to use it. i don't need something "better." but yeah, no use in arguing with you. you want what you want, so good luck finding it. or good luck with the tc and getting those things that you want put in it.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Most if not all of you guys are missing the point of what the Op is saying. All the Op is saying is that when you "build" your car, all he wants to see is the option. Some people would purchace these options along with the Ground Effects Kit. Personally, I'm with the Op on the Xenon Lights. Unfortunatly they would probaly be to expensive for my tastes to fold into the car loan.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member

Kwiksilver, you see you idolize me! You just copied my style in your "post". Dude chill. Take a deep breath, pratice yoga and chant "mama i am coming home for dinner with my mapquest".
Posting, mail, email whatever you like to call it. Just when I tried to be serious with you for a second you showed your true color. In conversation type, you are the type what others call "sniper". You won't reveal anything truthful about you but still like to insult other who aren't afraid to express their opinion. Again, go live in your small world and drive down to that Sonics Buger joint with your Mapquest. This forum is too big for you. Just one tip, if you want to smart mouth others at least come up with your own style don't copy mine. It's too complicated for you!

Quick Reply: tC will not be a COMPELTE car without these factory options!