Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC will not be a COMPELTE car without these factory options!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member

I know BOSE makes different grade for differnt brands. My father's MERC has amazing 3 D alike sounds from it's 9 speaker factory system. Has anyone had a chance to hear the mazda3's 222 watts digital amp Bose? Just curious
Old 06-22-2005, 08:58 PM
mo2
5 Year Member

so why are you comparing a sporty coupe to a sporty sedan/hatchback

the tc is the best car for the money (less than 20k) because at the end of the day i'm still driving a toyota and the 3 drive is till driving a ford. and check out one of the 3 forums they've got motor problems and electrical grimlins. i'll take my two rattles.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by spydersocal
Matt, read me posts again I am not complain, it seems to me you are complaining because another person has an opinion. This is a forum it means open talks and discussion. If you don't agree, fine then state your case and make your point but PLEASE don't tell others to "stop complaining". That's none of your business. Why don't you take a break from this post, I would actually like to hear what others has to say. Here's a tip, start your own post or discussion if you are annoyed with this post. Peace, Chill dude!
my last post was made because you presented an arguement that seemed rather strange to me. from what i gathered, you claimed that since scion built this show car with a nav system, that it should come from the factory with one. all they did was put in an aftermarket system. they didnt design or reserch anything in terms of their own nav system to be fully integrated and available from the factory. the point of that car was to show off what customizations you could do to it on your own after buying the car, not "these will/should come from the factory." that particular nav system has no integration into external factory buttons like the TSX for example. it is a simple aftermarket system that you can buy anywhere an install yourself, or by another business/private party. if i am misinterpreting your comments, then what else do you mean by "Take a look at the Scion 2005 catalog for the tC green project car, they took out stock pioneer and stuck in a DVD/NAV unit. Enough said." to me that reads as "they replaced the stock audio system with an aftermarket nav system, and im using that to prove my point that nav should be an option." how does that train of logic produce that the tC should come with nav? sorry to nitpick, but i am minoring in philosophy and logic, and it just stuck out like a sore thumb.

and as for the BOSE speakers. yes, very expensive BOSE systems in high-end cars are good, but their "budget" systems found in less expensive cars (even the 350Z) are pretty horrible by comparrison.

Originally Posted by mo2
so why are you comparing a sporty coupe to a sporty sedan/hatchback

the tc is the best car for the money (less than 20k) because at the end of the day i'm still driving a toyota and the 3 drive is till driving a ford. and check out one of the 3 forums they've got motor problems and electrical grimlins. i'll take my two rattles.
thats another good point. the questionable build quality and the fact that its a 4-door; not a coupe totally ruled it out. i wasnt even considering that car when i was shopping for mine. the only other thing i was considering was something actually in its competition, an RSX which, other than leather, doesnt have any of those gadgets and gizmos either. i didnt want a base model, and the type-s was a bit more pricy, so the tC was the best choice for my budget.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not too sure about Bose car audio, but I heard those in late model Nissan Altima are really awesome. Like many people, I first thought Pioneer HU is gonna suck big time, but I am pleasantly surprised after I set it up. It sound as good as my friend's VW Golf amplified Moonsoon system. The bass is like, boom boom, without overpowering the mid and hi and rattle the door/hatch. Aye like it. I wouldn't upgrade the HU. But the speaker, which is a nice sounding "papercone" speaker will not last long and worth getting a new pair.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member

Bose is terrible. That is all.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If one wants to keep the cost down, just don't pick the options, isn't it simple? Scion is all about customization anyway and the more option that we have, the merrier. I understand we can get aftermarket part, but many will not bother to read the specs and research it or have no time or proper resource to do it. Factory option while higher priced, it did all the research and installation. To many people, that is worth it!
Hi, that is a nice dream, but costs arise in r&d, procurement, etc for each option you want to be merry. Do you think that Toyota is just going to eat those costs? Afraid not. They will be passed on to us, hence higher costs.

Keep in mind that more goes in to putting something like a Navi unit into ones HU. They would test everything that connects to the unit as well as other possible problems that could arise from the installation. They did give us a nice big space so that we could put aftermarket decks in, navi/dvd/mp3 units with touch screens that aren't that hard to retrofit in. HIDs properly done are a little more challenging (as I am finding out now) but are not impossible, and leather I would leave to the professionals, but I'm sure there is someone out there that did it themselves.

(Bose sucks, except for those mini radios you see on tv and the iPod system)
Old 06-23-2005, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

hmm... i see a couple good points on these pages... but i also see somethins that dont really make sense.

sure xenon headlights are nice. hell if they were at a decent price i would grab them for my car.

nav. sure its nice to have when your lost. but IMO! its a waste of money for me (and the other people that are not for it im guessin).

leather. thats another option that the person should make. i personally dont like leather its sticky in the summer cold in the winter

but i dont see why somepeople are getting all bent outta shape about it, and attackin people on their opinions. and im not taking any sides to this i am just speaking my opinion.

also with those options added im sure the base price would go up a little bit, but when your lookin at a $18000 car whats a couple hundred extra? its not like its gonna make that much of a difference.

look at the 2006 tc. the price when up. but what really changed? audio controls on the steering wheel and a new hu. some nice features. but not everyone needs audio controls on the steering wheel. now off the top of my head i think that they are standard. but im sure im not alone when i say that it might make a better idea if the audio controls on the steering wheel were an option, i personally think they are nifty but if you look at somone who wants to build a system there is a good chance that the controls will be useless. so i think it should be an option and some people will get screws with the extra cost that in the long run would be a waste of money. and from the looks of things that is what some people are saying about the options that you suggested. sompeople just dont want them cuz they could interfer with things (financially or personally)(i donno).

i think the tC is fine the way it is. but im 100% sure that when i get mine (yes i dont have one yet, but my best friend has one and im in it more then my own car) im gonna see things that it should have (IMO) that it doesnt. and i can see where your getting at with this tread. but i see myself goin and doin that on my own watch and budget.

i think that its possible that in the future nav or HID lights or leather will be offered in the future because technology is advanceing and more and more people are getting interested in the new stuff.

lol feel free to let me know if i made no sense at all in this or if it was completely irrelevent to anythin haha im exaused from work and i cant really think straight but i thought it would be fun to post something on this thread....

p.s. i think these kinds of posts are very amusing. watchin people get mad over little things makes me smile lol

edit: oh yea i dont like BOSE either (lol) the pioneer headunit is cool with me for now
Old 06-23-2005, 10:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Toyota is a huge company with tons of resources, heck there are talks of Toyota buying GM!
Sorry to dig this up, but did I miss something? I know that GM has some financial problems right now, but I had no idea. Seeing that GM is the largest auto company in the world and Toyota is 2nd or 3rd, that would be interesting to see (I believe 2nd in the world but 3rd in the US.) That would be not just huge, but HUGE
Old 06-23-2005, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you think it currently takes a long time to get the tC you want, what do you think would happen with all those options that have to be done at the factory? "Well sir, I have one coming in your color next week, but it doesn't have the xenon lights. I have another one coming three weeks from now, and it has the xenon and the leather, but not the navigation. How long are you willing to wait?" Think about those customers who don't want to pay for the extra factory stuff as well.

Scion made things pretty easy when it comes to orders. Pick the color and transmission. Yes, some colors are harder to get than others and the side air bags complicate things, but overall, its pretty simple.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, with all those options you are talking about $20K+ car so you could just go for a Accord Coupe EX which has all of them STANDARD. And for $24K you can get accord coupe EX-V6 which will destroy the Mazda3 and even a hyper-supercharged tC (tC w/supercharger, leather, premium audio, Xenon, and power heated seats would cost about that much).
Old 06-23-2005, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kwiksilver
if you are so retarded that you get lost leaving your house each day then go and spend your $24,000 for a mazda 3 and stop complaining here. for the rest of us who really need directions from time to time, mapquest works just fine.
agreed that OP is retarded if he/she/it thinks that mazda3 is worth $24K ?!?!? for that money you could an Accord Coupe EX-V6, Mustang GT, RSX-S, Subaru WRX, Eclipse, Saab 9-2X Aero mall fully loaded with turbo or V6 engines, 200-250hp, 0-60 in 6 seconds or less !!!! Your Mazda3 can barely do 8 seconds 0-60.

The whole deal with Scion is that it is really a good deal as is - base with no options. Once you start adding the wildly overpriced dealer installed accessories and options, the price jumps into the $20K+ range and the deal is not that good. Granted, some upgrades could help the car, but you're better off choosing few 3rd party well known upgrades rather then the wasteful dealer options.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by user1234
Yeah, with all those options you are talking about $20K+ car so you could just go for a Accord Coupe EX which has all of them STANDARD. And for $24K you can get accord coupe EX-V6 which will destroy the Mazda3 and even a hyper-supercharged tC (tC w/supercharger, leather, premium audio, Xenon, and power heated seats would cost about that much).
An accord coupe ex-v6 with nav has an msrp of 29465. And accords dont come with HIDs either.

You guys are taking this thread way too seriously. Chill out.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

what i want is to lose the glass roof and gain a little top end power. that would make EVERYDAY NORMAL driving a little better (cooler and easier, respectively hehe)
Old 06-24-2005, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gosh, I could only get about halfway through page 2 of this thread. Why are you guys being _______s to each other? The original poster...fine post. You were just stating what you liked and such, your opinion. Then comes critism for some reason, standing up for the tC when obviously the original poster was stating he WAS interested in the car. Thus enabling original poster to strike back trying to defend himself, thus doing no good, becase you continue being _______s to each other.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Let me give you some insight to BOSE. Yes some Bose sounds in some cars don't sound all that nice. Keep in mind BOSE has in the recent years commericalized itself to sell to many car makers in order to make money. Secret is they make different quality stereo for depends on car maker's wish. My 2000 patherfind's Bose sounded ok, but my dad's 2002 Merc C Bose sounded amazing (3 D like). Why quality. So yes I agree with you, not all Bose are the same but some are far better than others. Pioneer? Now you have got to be joking. But stop and think for a sec, does Pioneer make some high quality high end stuff? You bet, of course probably sound as good as anything. Does Bose make good stuff? I let you answer that.
For the price....absolutely NOT.

Bose, better sound through marketing. I can spend $400 and probably come up with something infinitely better than the Bose system in your Dad's car. Yes, Bose did amazing things with the wave radio...but the cars they put in speakers aren't any better than anything else.

And also, because of the odd impedances of Bose speakers, you often get screwed when trying to add aftermarket parts...Bose helps remove from the customization of the Scion brand. Trust me, I've tried installing a system in a Bose car and it's a nightmare.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by corey415
Originally Posted by user1234
An accord coupe ex-v6 with nav has an msrp of 29465. And accords dont come with HIDs either.

You guys are taking this thread way too seriously. Chill out.
EX-V6 without NAV costs $24000 average current street price, including incentives. MSRP is not relevant so stop with the BS, I'm giving you the real price I got quoted here. With NAV it's about $1500 more. Leather, sunroof, climate, HID/xenon, 17", 6spd, power heated seats, side airbags, ABS, traction, stability, very high quality interior, 240 hp V6. 0-60 in 5.9 seconds . $24K Out The Door. right here, right now. just do it.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok. No accord in america comes with HID/xenon. Thats a fact.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by corey415
Ok. No accord in america comes with HID/xenon. Thats a fact.
ok fine, if you want to be super accurate, I'm not sure if it has stability control, but it does have EBD (eloctronic brake force distribution), rear passenger side airbags, dual zone climate, and a 6-CD changer. But it is a midsize coupe as it's a foot longer then the tC, and weighs a lot more too.

A tC with side airbags and 6-CD changer would cost $18K. So for $6000 more you get the 240-hp V6 (compare that to the tC supercharger which will cost at least $3000 and give only 200 hp), leather interior ($1000), power seats ($500), and tons of other features, not to mention a more spacious car. Anyone paying $24K for a Mazda 3 should check in immediatly to the closest mental hospital.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member

"all highs no lows, must be bose." that is something we all used to say when i worked at tweeter. i personaly like the pioneer speakers. it think they sound great.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sony speakers are also very good for highs. they have no midrange though, and the lows are practically nonexistant. though, thats easilly made up for with a 12" JL

Quick Reply: tC will not be a COMPELTE car without these factory options!