Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC will not be a COMPELTE car without these factory options!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by reagulator
why dont you just get a mazda 3 then
lol you beat me to it
Old 07-03-2005, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whoaa... it would be a 25k scion off the lot
Old 07-03-2005, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

You dumbsh!ts are forgetting that tC's are monospec, which is how the price is kept down. Adding every option under the sun would increase the price for everyone.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Another point: I see repeated posts talking about wanting "luxury options". Do you idiots realize what scion has packed into this car for 16K? Things that were unavailable on cars at this price point before; a full glass roof with sunroof and back moonroof, reclining rear seats, digital console controls, a pretty decent stereo, a nice strong, torquey motor that has (some) *****, 17" rims that actually look decent, keyless entry with engine immobilizer, knee airbags, ABS, etc. The car needs to be thought of a value car with incredible standard features than a stripped luxury car at 16K.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think this thread is a great one, well written out with many negative responses and a few positive...I dont believe the point was to illicit a negative feedback, and i also take it as a huge compliment to call this a "watered down Lexus" hopefully somebody agrees with me...
HID's would be pimp____---PLEASE PLEASE SCION hear us out!!!! I know where this guy is comin from, and im with him....yet i know the car is supposed to be affordable...and blah blah blah, but damn wouldnt that be cool for Lexus to make a Lexus Tc, i would love to see what Lex would do to a Tc...it would be unbelievable....<----off topic sorry!!
Old 07-03-2005, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by lucky
You dumbsh!ts are forgetting that tC's are monospec, which is how the price is kept down. Adding every option under the sun would increase the price for everyone.
Although your points make sense, you need someone to teach you some kind of manners. Every post I have seen by you includes dumb____s, idiots and so on. I am guessing you are one of those that have to hide behind a screen name and mouth off at others. Trying to compensate for something? Do us all a favor and either wait till your a couple of years older to post, or just get the hell off the site. There is no need to result to childish, p#ssy name calling to get your points across.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ur dealer should offer the leather for sure, the headlights well thats on the internet, maybe ebay, dvd navigation should be available through the dealership as well. They usually just take it over to mobile one or circiut city or some name brand store like that. I know we do that here. We offer lots of things that we have to be outsourced.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scions would not be cheap with those options.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Op's logic behind adding options makes no sense. he says he went to college and says hes older so he "knows" more things than us 20 year old people. I took a basic intro economic class freshman year and one of the main things that stuck with me is that "nothing is free, everything has a cost that someone has to pay," so having all these extra options will only make this car more expensive and price it out of the range that Toyota is shooting for.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I would rather have the nice price and add what I want along the way... more fun that way to me
Old 07-20-2005, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

...But a trunk monkey would be great...
Old 07-20-2005, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let's attempt to cut through the BS posts on this thread:
1. "Why don't you get a Mazda 3 then."
2. "The tC would be hella expensive if they had all of those options"
3. "Bose sucks!"

Take away those three kinds of posts (and the uncalled for personal insults) and I think there is something actually worth discussing.

I think we would all agree that if the tC's price stayed the same, having Scion approved options for leather, Navi, and Xenon headlights would be fine. Problem is, for reasons that have been stated previously, keeping the price the same probably is not a possibility. Not only that, it would also make the ordering process difficult depending on where these options were installed - at the factory, port, or dealership. I don't know what is the best way to go about making these options available so it jibes with the mono-spec concept but I think it is best to leave that decision up to Toyota, which leads me to my next point...

I'm sure as soon as there is enough demand for these options to make it profitable to make these options available, Toyota will do it. Until then, there is always the aftermarket.

[I purposely left the BOSE sound system upgrade idea out of my post because I, like many of the posters here, believe there is a better audio upgrade to be had for the money. Personally, I think the Pioneer system currently in there is definitely good compared to the other factory systems in the tC's price class. Factory system doesn't cut it for you, again, there is always the aftermarket.]

This thread should really go in the "Dear Scion" section. Too bad only a few will get this far.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

scion is having no trouble selling the tC. its one of the fastest selling small coupe's in america (according to some statistic i saw posted a while back), but regardless, thats not hard to believe with the long wait most people seem to have to wait for their cars. honestly, with the tC selling as good as it is, they dont need to make any sort of drastic changes to it. if you want a buncha extra fancy junk, do it in the aftermarket.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:51 AM
5 Year Member

jeesh... You guys totally bashed on this guy who just posted some opinions. What's wrong with having options available? It's not like it's standard which raises the price.

Sure, more research or whatnot is needed to even add these things as an option but how much could that raise the price of the car?

I feel like I am the only one who understands what this guy is trying to say. He said time after time, he loves the tC. I couldn't stand readinga ny more of the posts after mid-page 3. I'll leave it at that.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no, the point being made is that if you are going to spend the money anyway, why do these things NEED to be from a dealer? why is this such a big issue? pretty much everything stated here is available aftermarket, and usually for a significantly cheaper price. im totally lost as to why that is such a bad thing.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:48 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nothing disrespectful but you should get a mazda 3 we all see you want it!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member

Default I agree

I understand and actually agree with the poster..a few more factory/dealer options would be nice. After all they already offer the exhaust, taillights, ground effects, etc. why not a nav system? As an option? As we've all learned the dealers make their profits on the options because they can price them as they want per the main site.

It is better to have them installed by the maker of the car for warranty and compatibility purposes in my opinion. No chance of voiding your warranty for tampering with wiring, etc.

There are already several costly upgrade options available...the poster simply suggested a few more.

FYI..I went for a much higher grade stereo in my BMW Z3 and to be honest it is a horrible system...all ten speakers, amp, sub-woofer, etc.

Nav systems are in other inexpensive cars as OPTIONS. I think that's the point he was also trying to make.

And while the first two Scions were targeted and SOLD to a more younger audience..take a look at some of the threads where AGE is asked for TC's...you'll find a LOT of 40's and 50's. Toyota may not have been going for that but out of the three cars, the TC is selling to middle aged folks as well.

No need to be rude to someone posting an idea here.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

xenon = blind crap
nav system = super crap
upgraded sound = deaf crap
leather = more crap

me. . . i'm a corner carver . . .driving performance - suspension, hp are paramount - all that other **** can wait. . . .i don't need the bells and whistles . . . just give me open road with plenty of turns and i'm in paradise. . .

. .while you're playing with your bose radio and nav system, . .i'll be a ghost . . .

sorry about the temper . . . but you picked the wrong place to bring up that crap . .

z
Old 07-20-2005, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: I agree

Originally Posted by Terry
It is better to have them installed by the maker of the car for warranty and compatibility purposes in my opinion. No chance of voiding your warranty for tampering with wiring, etc.
you will never have to worry about that if you do one of two things: install it yourself, only if you know what you're doing; or have things installed by reputable professional shops, electronics stores, etc. personally, i wouldnt want to give my dealer an extra lump of money for them to pocket just to do something i can get done EXACTLY THE SAME for less money. i've worked at a dealership for a good chunk of 2003/2004, and i would hear salesmen brag about how much they ripped people off on options. how people pay 300$ for essentially 30$ worth of painted plastic. and every cent over the invoice cost of the options goes into the dealer's pocket (with a large percent going to the salesman). so i personally do not want that sh*t from a scumbag dealership.

as was stated, the problem IS the fact that dealers can charge whatever they want, and idiots will usually pay it. people will pay an unreasonably high amount for things so that 1) they can do it at the dealership and/or 2) they can work into a 3-5 year payment plan. the latter is understandable, but if you are going to have work done at a dealer, how is it any different to drive across the street to a shop, car audio store, electronics store, and have them do it?

EVERYTHING LISTED IN THIS THREAD IS AVAILABLE TO YOU. again, WHY IS IT A NECESSITY TO COME FROM TOYOTA/DEALERSHIP?!

i personally get as little as humanly possible from the dealership, because nothing is a good deal there financially. NOTHING. forgive me for being secure with my money, but i dont have a whole lot of it, so i dont want to go throwing every spare penny i have at some jerk salesman and their stealership.

</rant>
Old 07-21-2005, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Shoulda bought a G35 then you wouldn't have any money to burn a hole in your pocket!

Quick Reply: tC will not be a COMPELTE car without these factory options!