Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

tc's fogging windows and headlights..

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tc's fogging windows and headlights..

wanted to know if anyone else with a tc has experienced one or both of these things I'm seeing..

- headlights fogging up inside (left headlight assembly on mine)..

- fogging up of windows inside

I've used vinegar/water mix and glass cleaners but they only last for a little while..

let me know..
Old 11-28-2004, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my headlights do fog up on the inside yes.

as for windows? a bit, but the defog on the HVAC system works great. make sure if ur sidw windows fog up, point the two side dash vents towards teh windows. they come on when u push the front window degof buttom.
Old 11-28-2004, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default foggy windows

ahah i always got foggy windows.. ahah man im sure glad those rear seats recline
*`WINK WINK*`

but on the real sometimes my outside mirrors are foggy and the driver side will not defrost ... other than that no bother
Old 11-28-2004, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol.. i should've known that's why it was getting foggy! thanks for the info.. *laughing hard over here*

yeah just wanted to see if others headlights are fogging up.. seeing if it's just me..
Old 11-28-2004, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
lol.. i should've known that's why it was getting foggy! thanks for the info.. *laughing hard over here*

yeah just wanted to see if others headlights are fogging up.. seeing if it's just me..
Try reinstalling your headlight bulbs. The bulbs do have a seal so if they aren't properly installed, they'll let moisture in.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The windows inside do tend to fog pretty bad, but if you hit the defroster button rather than the setting, and turn the fan up all the way, it clears out pretty quick.

Nice tip, Panasonic. It's been raining like crazy out here, and my headlamps haven't fogged up yet... If it's not the bulb, you need to go back to your dealership.
Old 11-28-2004, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Somnambulated
The windows inside do tend to fog pretty bad, but if you hit the defroster button rather than the setting, and turn the fan up all the way, it clears out pretty quick.

Nice tip, Panasonic. It's been raining like crazy out here, and my headlamps haven't fogged up yet... If it's not the bulb, you need to go back to your dealership.
What do you mean "if it's not the bulb, you need to go back to your dealership." Because I've had my headlights fog a couple times. I don't think thats normal.

I've also had my windows fog in some pretty weird places and in only certain sections.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My moms driverside headlight fogs also. Its just the little eyebrow part though. Its only about 1in-2in long. I dont really care about it, if it gets worse Im taken back to Yota.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No headlight problem, but windows yeah. It looks like some kind of film builds up on the inside. You can see the streaks where the defroster blows on the front window. It is a PAIN getting that stuff off. I was just going to post about this.

I've seen smokers cars where this happens and nicotine builds up on the inside of the windshield and gunks up the headliner. I don't smoke or eat or do anything in by car besides drive it. What's up with that?

John
aka Baby Hands (halo 2)
Old 12-02-2004, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i did check the headlight bulb seal.. it's fine, but the moisture is now spreading from the turn light over to the headlight area now... definitely taking it in to get it fixed/replaced.. thanks for the replies.. shows me i'm not alone..

the fogging up yes I know of the a/c but what I finally realized was that the dash materials are "out-gassing".. forgot about this in a new car.. that's why the inside windshield continues to get stuff on it.. the plastics when new do release gasses, hence that "new car smell".. and it's depositing that film on the inside window.. nothing i can do but keep cleaning it off.. forgot about that in a new car.. and nope i'm not a smoker..

i'll let everyone know when the dealer replaces the headlight.. definitely a problem.. i love the warranty.. free is good
Old 12-02-2004, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when i first got my tC...the windshield fogs up when i have my ac on even though the airvent near the windshileld was not on..told my dealer and the dealer fixed it
Old 12-02-2004, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

My headlights fogged up the first night I was driving her home. It was raining and really humid however. After that first night, it never acted up again.