Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

This thing is so easy to take apart... Love it!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heh he really wasnt kidding about the 2 minutes to strip the center console. lol.

Thanks for the help, now I "fixed" my parking break issue for my headunit. w00t! illegal I am now!
Old 07-29-2004, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Originally Posted by Enkidu
heh he really wasnt kidding about the 2 minutes to strip the center console. lol.
That's two minutes including the glovebox and passenger side kickpanel and doorsill...
Old 07-29-2004, 05:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

How does your parking break and headunit have anything to do with each other?

Thanks for the help, now I "fixed" my parking break issue for my headunit. w00t! illegal I am now!
Old 07-29-2004, 05:58 AM
2JZ
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea, i noticed when the dealer was installing it (friend's tC arrived at the dealer before he knew it and she wanted to get the sub, so they offered it as a "port" install at the the dealer) how easy it was to pull apart... which is good to me since it will be easy installing things, but i feel that rattles will be inevitable sooner because of that.

the rear bench looks like it'll be easy to dynamat/brown bread it! hopefully the carpet will be just as easy ;)
Old 07-29-2004, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCMaster

check my signature. my headunit is attached to the parking break so when it's not engaged i can't see videos. so i just grounded the wire that goes to the parking break, and I can see videos anytime. I decided to do it after I saw something on my local news that said it's illegal but cops would first give you a 20 dollar fine and a verbal warning. this weekend i'll buy a little switch and make something nicer just in case =P
Old 07-29-2004, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can't you just switch the video input to audio with your remote control. A switch might be overkill.

Also, you still need to put DVD pics on your Car Domain site instead of the plain menu.

Originally Posted by TCMaster

check my signature. my headunit is attached to the parking break so when it's not engaged i can't see videos. so i just grounded the wire that goes to the parking break, and I can see videos anytime. I decided to do it after I saw something on my local news that said it's illegal but cops would first give you a 20 dollar fine and a verbal warning. this weekend i'll buy a little switch and make something nicer just in case =P
Old 07-29-2004, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey real quick here.

Since you have had the car apart...can you tell me where the rear speaker wires are located?

From your interior pictures it doesn't look like they run down the middle of the car.

So I would assume that the rear speaker wires run down the left and right side of the car underneath the left and right kick panels.

I need to know so when I install my sub and new rear speakers I can just use the existing wires.

Brass
Old 07-29-2004, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah, i was thinking about that. Since ive been designing the new system to go in to the tC once it gets in i figured id just use the stock wiring for the rear speakers and since il be using a seperate amp, ill be extending the wires from the harness at the dash all the way to the trunk...
Old 07-29-2004, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a plug in the kick panel

Originally Posted by brasscorpion
Hey real quick here.

Since you have had the car apart...can you tell me where the rear speaker wires are located?

From your interior pictures it doesn't look like they run down the middle of the car.

So I would assume that the rear speaker wires run down the left and right side of the car underneath the left and right kick panels.

I need to know so when I install my sub and new rear speakers I can just use the existing wires.

Brass
Old 07-29-2004, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can someone take a picture of this "plug" and post it.

The reason why I am asking is because I am going to have to cut the rear speaker wires so that I can run them to an AMP and run the amp off of the stock deck using a HIGH LEVEL inputs.

I am getting a Pioneer GMX 572 amp. The amp can run in TRI mode so it will run my back speakers AND the SUB in 2ohm mode.

I will need to find the actual wires and then cut and splice in about 5-7 feet of wire depending on the stock wires location. Then I will have to run the wires back to the stock rear speakers.

The box for the sub will be made out of fiberglass and will be molded into the same spot where the BAZOOKA sub is located.

The Box will then be smoothed out and painted Black Sand Pearl to match the car color. The AMP will be mounted to the box in a SEMI embedded fashion. So when I make the box I will specifically form a nice spot for the AMP. This way the amp will be off the trunk floor and I can fully utilize the cargo space. Laslty the box will not be square...it will be more of a unique rolling shape with a few curves and it will have a 3" port with about an 10" long tube extending down into the sound chamber. Oh yeah I will be running either 1 12" sub or 1 10" sub...depends on the available cubic space.

The whole setup will be PRIMO.

Anyway...I just need to know if the rear speaker wires are easily accessible and where they're at.

Brass
Old 07-30-2004, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eugovector
Also, you still need to put DVD pics on your Car Domain site instead of the plain menu.
I tried... It doesnt turn out good. My camera is a tiny Pentax S4i 4 M.P It's great for carrying around and stuff, but it sucks for close-ups or when it's kinda dark. I have a setting for nite pics, but i'll have to pause the movie since it takes about 1.5 seconds for the pic, and i'll also need a tripod inside the car, lmao.

anyway here is the best pic i could get:

I just found out my HU is kinda crooked, lol. I'll try to fix this weekend.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wish I knew as much about cars as you... then I could do the complicated things myself. Now... I have to rely on the service people at Toyota to take care of my baby. In fact... my car is in the dealers right now getting new springs and having its bumper redone. Even the tint is gettin redone cause it was not laid on properly. Its probably in pain cause I had to pay so much $$$ ... lol

Originally Posted by zoltiz
Don't worry, it's not in pain. It's happy, because it knows that it's owner is saving a poopload of cash by doing this kind of stuff himself... I'd rather pay the car off in a year than give all my money to the dealer, who would do exactly same thing - pull up a manual and start poking around.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:34 AM
5 Year Member

Hey Enkidu, I just ordered that same exact HU you got... i was wondering how did it install? Was it easy? did you need to modify anything? Did you use a wiring harness? Oh and did you install any speakers? Cause i ordered 2 pairs of Diamond 6.5" speakers to install also...hoping they will fit with not much problem.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didnt do the install... I gave up installing stuff myself when I messed up the speakers in my jeep. Looks pretty simple tho.... I got Focal 6.5 in the front and it looks like not much had to be done. You will need spacers for the back since they r 5.5 and you will probably buy 5.25.

Good luck!