2005-2010 [ANT10]

Things you found about the tC AFTER you bought it

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:04 PM
ehj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A telescopic steering wheel would've owned.

I too either feel my legs are too cramped or I'm reaching too hard for the wheel, or it's right next to my chest.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The mute button! yea, no kidding. I only found it a few weeks ago... maybe I'm just slow
Old 10-12-2006, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rygar
After having the car for a month, my girlfriend discovered that the sunroof will go back another inch or so if you hit the button again. I felt dumb.
Oh and I discovered that I really can't find a comfortable driving position; either my legs are fine and I feel like I'm reaching for the steering wheel or my arms are fine and my legs are too cramped - or my head hits the headliner (I'm 6'3")
same with me about the driving position. I guess its made for people with long arms
Old 10-12-2006, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I thought that i had searched my car well when i got it and found a bunch of things and asked the dealer about what they were and their actions...but i never rode in the back seat of course...then one day, i found that the back seats recline! That was F'n awesome and everybody that has ever rode in my backseat, have been informed and will try it every time...i know it's little, but it's a pretty cool option for passengers...everything else, like i said, i knew already
Old 10-12-2006, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

i didnt figure out about the tire pressure sensor until it decided to throw up a light after i lowered the pressure at the track one night
Old 10-12-2006, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It rattles like an empty can of Montana. you can actually fit 5 bulbs in one headlight. The grills pop in/out with ease. The lid for the head-unit only works for me and noone else. You can change the text displayed on the HU when you turn the key. It now reads my sn.

and recently, the upper lever on the seats allow it to return to it's original position while the lower one just goes back to factory. It's a neat little manual memory seating thing. Good for when I have passengers.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

When I changed my wheels, I realized the factory sideskirts have arrows pointing to where you put the jack... Also, that the passenger seat is VERY uncomforable to try and sleep in, and also, Most people PREFER the backseat. When my friends and I ride 3 or 4 deep, they fight over the back seat...

Not happy with my back cover from the seats to the hatch, that little carpet thingy that attaches to the headrests and releases itself whenever you fold a seat down, is actually CARDBOARD and mine is warping...
Old 10-12-2006, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Weight = Safety, I wouldnt want to ride around in a car thats light and flys around like its uncontrollable.

If your interested in getting a little more power, get the light weight pulley, that 1 horses and torque make for some nice squeelin when u stomp the pedal.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I found out this morning that the lights will turn off automatically if you leave them on! Whoops....
Old 10-12-2006, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

i found out that u can change from tc mode to xa or xb mode on the stereo. what a difference.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:26 PM
ehj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I found out that it handles better than my old corolla

I took a curve that I used to take going no more than 30 before, and did it going 50 (very slight tire squeal) and lived thru it.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a hard time getting in and out of my tC, every single freakin time. The biggest "issue" (although I don't really consider it an issue, just something you live with due ot the nature of a two door) are the long doors, which I love, but unfortunately it makes getting out of the car a really beech when you're parking in between two other cars.

Also, to be comfortable with the clutch pedal, I have to move my seat up much more than I did when I drove slushies (duh). This makes getting out really hard, especially with my long legs... I have to always slide out backwards and to the side... anyways, a weird way, because 1) I can't open the door enough usually and 2) the steering column gets in the way.

Oh well, its something I can live with, I guess. I'm not complaining too much. Once I find and buy some of those door edge guard thingies, I think it'll become a little easier
Old 10-12-2006, 10:48 PM
ehj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it'd be nice of the wheel was syncronized with the door. meaning when you open the door, the wheel tilts upwards, and lowers when you close it.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i found it i want a better and more expensive car, like a lambo HEHE
Old 10-12-2006, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That it had another power outlet in the handrest.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

the back soonroof doesn't move...no really!! mile down the road and I was like wtf!! im takin it back!
radio's been gone since week one so everything about it is a surprise.
the reclining rear seat was one of the deal clenchers for me.
if i move my seat, i'm screwed for a week to get it back in a 'comfortable' position. i'm only 5'8!
the glove had a lock, about 3months after having the car.
stock jack fits under my lowered tc
seat stains are a ****
this is one of the easiest cars i've ever had the pleasure to take apart!
Old 10-12-2006, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
Scikotics
SL Member

SMUGGLERS' COMPARTMENTS - i feel like im doin something illegal everytime i put something in the hidden compartments
Old 10-12-2006, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Mute Button

Originally Posted by paul34
The mute button! yea, no kidding. I only found it a few weeks ago... maybe I'm just slow
Mute button where's that? I'm a little slower
Old 10-13-2006, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

if you leave the headlights switched on, they turn on when you start the car and turn off when the engine's off and the door opens.

the OEM Brigestones SUCK B**LS

lift throttle oversteer is fun

it comes apart and goes back together like Legos

it rattles worse than the '94 Explorer it replaced (163,XXX miles too)

I too, seem to be the only one capable of operating the radio cover
Old 10-13-2006, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I definately second the terrible rear blind spot. Not too happy about it, because I almost die on the way to school everyday. But, at least I will go down in flames.

Also, I almost shat myself with the check engine light started blinking at startup at about 4600 miles. Found out that it needs to be reset when you change the oil and it does that to remind you.

I was also supprised however at just how much junk you can fit in the trunk (no pun intended) with the rear seats folded down. Its like a small pickup truck back there, even with the sub. I fit 3 7' book cases (not assembled) in there and won a bet with the GF.

I also second the everyone has one. I live in Oklahoma, where you would think that pickups and horses would be the how to, but I see scions all over, often similarly configured.

Quick Reply: Things you found about the tC AFTER you bought it