Things you found about the tC AFTER you bought it

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lets see....

i bought my pre-used baby.. and:

it was lowered but because they cutted the oem springs!!!!!! and blown shocks....

k&N bracket was broken

cheap ebay exhaust was burning the bumper

it had a strut bar... but i never seen a strutbar like that before... i think the guy found a pipe and he welded it to a two round disc... he just made some holes on the discs and that was the strut bar...
so far i have hks echaust, megan strut bar, hotchkis lowering spring ( i need shocks....) and a welded cai bracket wich is broken again.. lol....

oh. and i had some foglights behind the lower grill.. but they didnt work so i took them off..
Old 10-16-2007, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just found out theres and abs light..buti have no idea what it does i just say when i turned the car on..
Old 10-16-2007, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rvpps2rocks
i just found out theres and abs light..buti have no idea what it does i just say when i turned the car on..
I think if the light is off, then your ABS is fine. When it's on then you should have it looked at.

I'm guessing here but I'm thinking if the light is on and you just hold the pedal down, the brake won't pump and it'll just lock. If the light is on, I'm guessing it won't pump so you may have to manually pump it. The computer can pump it like 30 times a second, good luck getting 3 pumps a second while you're heart is pounding.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IntegreS_350
On the 2006-2007 audio systems it is supposed to be able to show 2 pages (32 characters total) of text- You're supposed to press the text button so that it shows in this order: Elapsed time--> disc title--> track title. When the little "play" symbol is showing (the triangle that points right) then you have to hold the text button until you hear a beep.
I have the upgraded audio in my 08, not base but not nav, i think its called premium. I stuck in a new, real purchased cd not a burnt one and I can't get it to display any CD title or track title or anything.. Same thing when I'm on FM stations, some cars will say the title of the station or even the track the station is playing, I can't get mine to do say anything besides the time.

Is it only some CD's or what?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cwayne
Originally Posted by rvpps2rocks
I think if the light is off, then your ABS is fine. When it's on then you should have it looked at.

I'm guessing here but I'm thinking if the light is on and you just hold the pedal down, the brake won't pump and it'll just lock. If the light is on, I'm guessing it won't pump so you may have to manually pump it. The computer can pump it like 30 times a second, good luck getting 3 pumps a second while you're heart is pounding.
Well, you don't want to discover that your ABS is not working right when a child runs out in front of your car, so the ABS performs a system self-check at every startup. This is the time when the ABS light will either come on or stay off. If it comes on at startup then it means the self-check found a problem, and then you will know in advance that you have no ABS.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BurntClutch
On the 2006-2007 audio systems it is supposed to be able to show 2 pages (32 characters total) of text- You're supposed to press the text button so that it shows in this order: Elapsed time--> disc title--> track title. When the little "play" symbol is showing (the triangle that points right) then you have to hold the text button until you hear a beep.
I have the upgraded audio in my 08, not base but not nav, i think its called premium. I stuck in a new, real purchased cd not a burnt one and I can't get it to display any CD title or track title or anything.. Same thing when I'm on FM stations, some cars will say the title of the station or even the track the station is playing, I can't get mine to do say anything besides the time.

Try burning a CD and make sure you enable text. If it shows, then it's the cd you bought.

As for radio station, I think it's called RDS. If your radio has it, then it'll show all of the stuff you're talking about.

If you're playing an MP3 CD or ipod, then it should show the title. I haven't bought an original CD in literally years. I refuse to spend $17 on a piece of plastic that only has 2 or 3 good songs.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, you don't want to discover that your ABS is not working right when a child runs out in front of your car, so the ABS performs a system self-check at every startup. This is the time when the ABS light will either come on or stay off. If it comes on at startup then it means the self-check found a problem, and then you will know in advance that you have no ABS.
so since it came on does it mean i have no abs...its came on on startup and turned off
Old 10-17-2007, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No, it comes on for a few seconds to make sure the bulbs are working. If it doesn't light up then you have a problem. If it lights up and stays lit then you have a problem.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cwayne

Try burning a CD and make sure you enable text. If it shows, then it's the cd you bought.

As for radio station, I think it's called RDS. If your radio has it, then it'll show all of the stuff you're talking about.

If you're playing an MP3 CD or ipod, then it should show the title. I haven't bought an original CD in literally years. I refuse to spend $17 on a piece of plastic that only has 2 or 3 good songs.
Yeah, I don't think I've put a store bought CD in mine yet-- but if you put a burned CD in there with the text enabled then it should work to display the characters-- same w/ MP3 player or iPod

as for the Radio-- well, as far as I know Scion radios don't have the feature to display text from the radio-- i know mine has never displayed text from the radio =/
Old 10-18-2007, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So is there any setting or buttons I have to push once i try with the burnt cd, as you earlier in the thread they were talking about pushing buttons to change whether it shows time left or text or track etc. or should it do it no matter what? I've used several burnt CD's and havn't got text ever. I'll try later though
Old 10-18-2007, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So is there any setting or buttons I have to push once i try with the burnt cd, as you earlier in the thread they were talking about pushing buttons to change whether it shows time left or text or track etc. or should it do it no matter what? I've used several burnt CD's and havn't got text ever. I'll try later though
Hmm, maybe you are not enabling text while burning the CD? it doesn't show any text at all? It should show some text, like song title -- what I was referring to was holding down the text button to display the next page of characters because i believe it shows up to 16 characters at a time, so i was talking about holding down the text button to display the next page of characters (text)
Old 10-18-2007, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not even seeing any option to enable text. I use the Sonic program to burn audio/data discs. Is there a better one available for download or does someone know how to make it enable text in sonic?
Old 10-19-2007, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

that the alarm doesn't chirp when armed
Old 10-19-2007, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the grocery bag hooks are so awsome
Old 10-19-2007, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AKAvensis
the grocery bag hooks are so awsome
I prefer tie down over grocery bag hook

Oh, that a factory radio can sound good.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i forgot that it locks if you dont open the door within 30 seconds of hitting the button..

my friend had to sleep on the ground outside the car isntead of in the back of it like i promised he could

i hit it from the window of my hotel room, he had no way to contact me to tell me it locked so he slept on one of those islands of mulchy stuff rofl
Old 10-19-2007, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why couldn't he sleep in the room?

Oooh....
Old 10-19-2007, 02:52 PM
SL Member

That's hysterical, Avensis. I'm surprised security didn't kick him off the premises for being homeless.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AKAvensis
i forgot that it locks if you dont open the door within 30 seconds of hitting the button..

my friend had to sleep on the ground outside the car isntead of in the back of it like i promised he could

i hit it from the window of my hotel room, he had no way to contact me to tell me it locked so he slept on one of those islands of mulchy stuff rofl

Hmm, for some reason this can't be changed (at least not that i know of anyway) on the tC, but on the 08 xD and xB the timing for the automatic door lock function can be changed... maybe because they use different alarm systems....

and for some reason, on the 08 xB by default you have 60 seconds to open a door after using the wireless remote unlock feature before it automatically locks again.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

theres no rear wiper!!

Quick Reply: Things you found about the tC AFTER you bought it