Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

the time has come... tC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys, so I'm considering an automatic now, what do you guys think? I know you guys mention if i'm going to mod the engine then it's not worth it but say I don't mod the engine and keep it stock are there any known issues with the automatic transmissions? What are some pros and cons keeping in mind that I don't mod the engine and just keep it as a daily driver?
Old 07-07-2009, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Slightly worse gas mileage and very uninspired driving...unless you stop and go alot. Then it might be worth it. It cost a bit more too. (Assuming you are buying new)
Old 07-07-2009, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rangerryda
Slightly worse and very uninspired driving...unless you stop and go alot. Then it might be worth it. It cost a bit more too. (Assuming you are buying new)
I do stop and go a lot that's why I am kinda considering it and well I'm trying to stay away from tickets and going to the canyons that's why i'm selling my roadster and picking up and daily that isn't too much of a grandpa car?

lol I found a deal for $9,800 clean title, it's the tuner package,stick shift and has about 40k no maintenance but oil changes have been done and the owner has only had it for 3 months and is just taking care of switching it to there name, they claim they bought it cash from a dealer but now need to pay off there mortgage payment and need money, it just sounds kinda fishy to me, what do you guys think? And well for a tuner package isn't that pretty high?

what doesn't the tuner package come with beside the radio control and rims?
Old 07-07-2009, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is no tuner package for the tc. he might be talking about the tc spec, which was a tc with lots of standard equipment taken out of it. like the roof was one piece of glass that didn't open, the seats were made of cheaper material, no engine immobilizer, came standard with 16 in steel wheels with hub caps instead of the nice 17 in alloy wheels.

so find out what he means by tuner package, because first off, scion never offered a tuner package, nor did they offer a trd package, or well, ANY package. and if it is the spec, just walk away, specs are lame.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
there is no tuner package for the tc. he might be talking about the tc spec, which was a tc with lots of standard equipment taken out of it. like the roof was one piece of glass that didn't open, the seats were made of cheaper material, no engine immobilizer, came standard with 16 in steel wheels with hub caps instead of the nice 17 in alloy wheels.

so find out what he means by tuner package, because first off, scion never offered a tuner package, nor did they offer a trd package, or well, ANY package. and if it is the spec, just walk away, specs are lame.
Yes it was a spec package he just confirmed.