Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Took in my 06 Tc to the get the Accessories Installed and...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member

Default Took in my 06 Tc to the get the Accessories Installed and...

I am sooooo ____ed. I bought my 2006 TC this last week, and I have been very happy with my new Flint Mica Baby. So I took in in to the Dealership here in Vegas (Desert Toyota & Scion on Sahara) this morning to get the Accessories installed that I had purchased. All day at work I was ready to go pick it up, and check everything out.... and then take a cruise down the strip. So i get to the Dealership, after i had called them, to pick up my new car. They said it would be ready, and when I got there, it was ready... so I thought. The service guy drove it over to me, then I had to move pretty quickly because there were people waiting to get out.... so I didn't have time to check it out real close. I pulled out, and went right around the corner and parked by the parts dept, So I could do a closer inspection. Good thing I did. The Accessories I got were the Scion Security, Lip Spoiler, Sport Pedals, and the Sub. I decided to check out the Stereo..... right off the Bat, I discover the Steering Wheel Controls now longer work. I'm like WTH, it worked this morning? But that wasn't even the best part. I then was like, I better check everything close now. Everythign else in the Interior was fine. I got out to check the Lip Spolier.... and I was in utter shock! My eyes zeroed on it as soon as I looked back to the rear of my car. As I looked back, on the right side of the Lip Spoiler (it would be to the left if you were standing behind the car), I could see that it was LIFTING UP like it wasn't even attached to the trunk. Oh No I thought. I got closer, and after a real close inspection, they didn't even use Nuts to attach it. They used DOUBLE SIDED TAPE! ..... I was in shock

I went back inside the Service Bay to let them have it. But... the service advisor that took the car in this morning was already gone for the day. So I talked to another service. I told her, then showed her... and she could'nt believe it either. Needless to say, I refused the Car. I told her that I want it done correctly, and I will be back in the morning. Boy are they gonna get it.

Since then, I have found the Lip Spoiler installation guide from this Forum, and have printed it out. I will be taking in with me in the morning... to show them the correct way that it should have been installed in the first place.

Sorry about my Rant... especially with this being my first post on this Forum. But I had to express it. What would you do if you were in my position. I may Politely ask them to give me some free window tiniting since they tried to hose me over. Whaddya think...

Thanks...
Old 07-16-2005, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude one word...
Warantee
Old 07-16-2005, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My goodness, that's awful. I'm sure you can push for a discount or something.

I'm shocked also that they'd do such a horrible job albeit, probably not as shocked as you but still very dismayed at such glaring transgression of .. I guess .. You know, I can't even describe it. That's just wrong. For tinting though, I'm sure if you ask politely - ie for reals politely - they'll consider. Although they might not deserve it, a smile does wonders, here:

However, before anything, the dealership was probably very busy. This doesn't mean they're justified for doing a poor installation but at the least it'll help you out with that smile there. :D

PS the point of the smileys is to illustrate their affect. See how a smile can alter the way something is percieved? Always worked for me!
Old 07-16-2005, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CatalepsicFox
dude one word...
Warantee
I got one word for you too, warranty.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by Fuzzy
Originally Posted by CatalepsicFox
dude one word...
Warantee
I got one word for you too, warranty.
awesome
Old 07-16-2005, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member

Easiest thing to do...go pitch a fit to the customer service manager....they hate that sort of thing to go to toyota corporate. Ask for more free oil changes along with the window tint. They can cough those up easily!
Old 07-16-2005, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

yep. i have the same problems with the toyota service dept. i go to. everytime i take my xa down to get accessories put on it they screw something else up and i have to go back down and complain. i've already had my carbonfiber pillars replaced three times because they get air bublles under them, along with other numerous things.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Man, I would not take that. Fight for something cool.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

____ that's where i bought mine.... i haven't had them install any accessories though. i want to get the alarm upgrade and maybe the lip spoiler but ____ if they aren't gonna install it correctly....
Old 07-16-2005, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member

Default I see this

I see this is an example of why their dealer added options is NOT such a good idea. Dealers are NOT manufacturers. Repairs guys are used to REPAIRING existing engine/system items not installing new ones. Scion brags how this procedure is what allows them to have the fixed price ability to customize but I honestly feel that options are better installed either when manufactured OR at the main "dock" not at each dealer.

When the time comes I plan to "order" my Scion and then not take the car until it is all done as ordered. I HATE car dealers in general always have. EXCEPT the one Nissan dealer I have gone to now for over 20 years...even stayed with them when they were bought out and relocated.

The other three Nissan dealers were horrible in my area. Sales, service, etc. But I finally found a good one which is another reason I hate giving up the ol' 240SX. They actually helped hook me up to sell my other 240SX with no "take" or direct involvement..just knew how great of shape my car was in and a girl who had just wrecked hers who missed it dearly. Not many dealer guys would do that..put together a sale with nothing in return. I got Kelly BB "high" value cash from her too because my friend at dealer and I supplied all records of maintenance, etc.

I have walked out of more dealers than I can count over the years. I have written lots of letters too. When I go to shop for a new car right off the bat I tell the pushy sales people that if they want me on their lot they had better LEAVE ME ALONE until I am ready to ask questions or test drive. If they don't I leave. And then when I'm ready to test drive A PARTICULAR car finally if they don't make it happen I leave.

I realize Scion is a no haggle situation...I guess NO ONE has been able to negotiate right? BUT I do see a lot of disclaimers on the main site that the options may not include installation costs.

These idiots can DAMAGE your car if they don't know what they are doing adding these options. In this case I would really work for a discount (though sadly you probably already paid huh?) simply due to the obviously SHABBY work and the hassle of having to make another trip, etc.

When I bought my Z3 BMW I went to four dealers. When I was shopping for my Mitsubishi which I never bought I went to five dealers. I had decided that if I bought one it would be from the dealer FARTHEST away from me...because they treated me the best.

Hold your ground on this..check EVERYTHING very closely again and do not leave the lot this time until you are sure all is well. Make sure the original manager knows what happened too. I would be livid. So sorry this happend to you! BUT thank you for sharing it!

I think we all need to share out own good and bad experiences with specific dealers to help those out there still shopping and/or looking for a good service dealer.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine came like that, It's the type of carelessness I would expect from Toyota anyhow.
(well at least some of the ones in my area)

I think that the install kits are not the best either.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member

My Story ended up having a Happy Ending. I went back to the Dealership this morning. I talked to the same Service Agent Lady I did yesterday. She had to have Her crew do the fixes. I went back and picked up my Tc about about 4pm, after doing a good inspectrion on it. Everything works, and the Lip Spoler looks great. She said they removed it, cleaned it and the trunk, and reinstalled it correctly. This time she said they used the bolts, and clips... and it had to have some of the mounting tape.

Next on the list..... Window tinting....
Old 07-17-2005, 05:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad the dealer fixed their wrong. However, I would still post the experience on the dealer reviews as a warning to future buyers.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:06 AM
5 Year Member

I will do that.... Thanks
Old 07-17-2005, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member

Glad that they did it right for you after the second time. I'm glad I got all mine done from the port. When I ordered mine and found out that they had to install all of my options at the port, I was like.. could I just pick up the car and have it install later because I was ready to drive my new TC. I am now glad that my rep said no since I hearing more and more about this.