Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Took the tC racing this past weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I stopped racing the day I was going head to heard with a porsche (in my GSX eclipse - yeah it was stupid) and I look behind me to see a cop's lights. It was the most horrific moment of my life. After that I don't even go over the speed limit. 65/70 on the freeway for me.

Racing off the track is just stupid. Just go to a damn track and do it legally.
Oh an btw, other drivers that watch you street racing don't think you're cool, they think you are a jackass and hope you run into a light pole.

Old 12-21-2004, 04:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eclipxe

Racing off the track is just stupid. Just go to a damn track and do it legally.
Amen, I was going 90 MPH (in a 65), in a stupid Toyota Corolla near Williams, AZ. I came over this big hill, and over the hill some cop came out of the median and turned his lights on. I was so scared. Then the cop pulls back into the median and goes the other way. Scared the crap out of me, that's why I don't race or speed.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member

my friend is spending 8 years in prison for killing a woman when he wrecked his eciplse racing, i still race but only on a track
Old 12-21-2004, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by OutCrnrU
Originally Posted by dante
Street racing is stupid and i hope you get arrested
street racing is as stupid as trash-talking on the internet...

How was that trash talking i was simply condoning that i think street racing is stupid and i dont like people who do it, maybe you should whatch what you say before you say it. I dont like street racing becasue i have lost a couple of friends and family memebers because of street racing. So before you go on about me trash talking maybe you should realize how stupid and full of nonsense street racing is and take interest in a real hobby.
lots of people die everyday from things far more stupid then street racing. go preach somewhere else. i'm sorry you know people that have died(not sure if they were racing or not) but the long and the short of it is more people die everyday from smoking/second hand smoking. why don't you go preach to smokers. if you don't want to street race don't do it, don't _____ at others for it. i don't smoke, but i don't _____ at smokers. sure some people may die, but people die everyday it's part of life. if you get arrested for it, oh well, you took the risk.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^ I actually agree.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just kep it on the track, whether it's dangerous or not (closed off is still dangerous) it's still ilegal and there's no regulations...

i'm prob just saying this cuz im a track *****, but i respect the sport... i run the Dezod Development team from Dezod.com.
expect to see some real track footage this spring
Old 12-21-2004, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

tracks aren't always around. the closest track (englishtown) to me (as far as i know) is almost a 2 hour drive, and the town is trying to get it shut down. my town use to have a track (flemington) although it wasn't drag i would like to see it converted, but the property has been sold, and another mall (or so the rumors say) is going up. what i'm trying to get at is tracks are great, but few and car between, so you have two choices street race, or drive 2 hours get maybe 2 or 3 runs in (if that) and then drive 2 hours back. oh, and also quite a few tracks are closing because insurance keeps going up for them. no one cares if people have a track to run on, all they care about is the almighty dollar, they don't care that by raising insurance and forcing tracks to close they are only encourageing street racing. if you want to lower the amount of street racing that goes on, then towns have to allow tracks to be built, and people have to stop _____ing about the tracks that are already there.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

forgot to say this:

it's a two sided game, if you don't want people street racing you have to let them race on a track insted of trying to shut them down. because people are going to race, be it on the street or track.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man why do people have to say this kid of ____. Look the post was just intended to show you how we stand against these cars and so on.

I would rather you not preach about street racing and how you don't like it, if you want a thread about it make one.

Anyway im working on the video as we speak.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

How about..

..let people do what they want with thier lives.

Where are those vids? :-P
Old 12-21-2004, 05:25 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by fac3
Basically a Civic with a motor swap (LS/VTEC motor..which consists of a Integra block and a VTEC head off of a GSR or 99-00 Si. People do this swap because you get torque from the power of the LS block then the upper end is powered by VTEC. Very good swap IF done right)..and of course I/E stands for intake/exhaust.
you scion owners should heed this member's wisdom. Just wait until he gets his tC.

That car is going to be A+.

edit: I want to see the look on the si owners face when he gets passed. haha.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:05 AM
5 Year Member

i dont care if you die doing something stupid the point is that street racing can cause other people harm.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by maverick81
i dont care if you die doing something stupid the point is that street racing can cause other people harm.
so can smoking, so can eating while you drive, so can drinking (soda, water) while you drive, so can talking on your cell phone, i could go on and on about things that could harm other people. the point is people only _____ about things that can harm other people when it doesn't inconvenience them.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:22 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by maverick81
So could the soccer moms in their tahoes passing me at over 10 mph above the speed limit. It's a difficult position to hold coming onto a car enthusiast site with "said" car in a manual transmission to preach about street racing. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I agree with you on the racing part. No argument there. It's just that if I were to say the same thing it would come off as being a bit hypocritical of me. That's all.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Souljah347
Originally Posted by dante
Street racing is stupid and i hope you get arrested
street racing is as stupid as trash-talking on the internet...

How was that trash talking i was simply condoning that i think street racing is stupid and i dont like people who do it, maybe you should whatch what you say before you say it. I dont like street racing becasue i have lost a couple of friends and family memebers because of street racing. So before you go on about me trash talking maybe you should realize how stupid and full of nonsense street racing is and take interest in a real hobby.
lots of people die everyday from things far more stupid then street racing. go preach somewhere else. i'm sorry you know people that have died(not sure if they were racing or not) but the long and the short of it is more people die everyday from smoking/second hand smoking. why don't you go preach to smokers. if you don't want to street race don't do it, don't _____ at others for it. i don't smoke, but i don't _____ at smokers. sure some people may die, but people die everyday it's part of life. if you get arrested for it, oh well, you took the risk.
Look up the word remorse, then pray you never get into an accident or get caught by the cops...

All you kids that watch too much Fast n Furious are getting out of hand... All it takes is ONE accident... You'll never race again... Whats worst is that you don't die, nor get injured, but your friend sitting shotgun gets trashed and you're to blame...

Lots more people get killed by 2nd hand smoke than grenades... I don't think that makes it ok for people to start owning them and throwing them around...
Old 12-21-2004, 11:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the altima is slow , u guys should take'm ....easily
Old 12-21-2004, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This comment is probably going to start a flame war, but I honestly don't care :D

People... work on your analogies. Second hand smoke does not kill people, and I got the scientific proof to back it up (which the people that run those truth ads don't have, e-mail them yourselves and try and find out their sources and all they say is that they are "trusted"). Doubt me? Read the book 'Skeptical Environmentalist' by Bjorn Lomborg. "But what about the EPA and WHO reports on second hand smoke?" The EPA report is discounted by the Supreme court of the USA due to "questionable" at best information-gathering and statistics-generation techniques. The WHO report did no research in and of it's own and mainly cited the EPA report. And if you look it up yourselves you would be pretty surprised how much of it is political science and not science at all.

</rant>

P.S. Vid?
Old 12-21-2004, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

d00d, you people are spending your efforts in the wrong area...

more people drive drunk than street race.. i would think..

drunk dirivng kills... i know a TON more people that do that...

if you are all so great and better than anyone who street races.... then spend your efforts saving lives somwehre else.. where you can make a bigger difference...

yelling at some kids on an online forum isnt going to stop anyone from street racing.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Superinc_tC
the altima is slow , u guys should take'm ....easily
Now that I realize you own one, I know you're joking haha...

I see altimas take on the maximas at the track because of the difference in weight along. I look foward to racing you guys in the spring!
Old 12-21-2004, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

why is it that every streetracing post turns into "i know someone who was hurt or killed".... people die for all kinds of reasons, forcing ur "opinion" on a forum wont change anything... now where are those videos!?

Quick Reply: Took the tC racing this past weekend!