2005-2010 [ANT10]

Took the tC racing this past weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 06:40 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tenaj
Originally Posted by OutCrnrU
Street racing is stupid and i hope you get arrested
Yeah good one, from what it SOUNDED like, I could be wrong though, is that he went to the track... stop with the stupid 'street racing is dumb, go crash n die already lolerz' posts... your not stopping ANYONE.

yes it is dumb if your doing it in traffic... but who are you gonna hurt when your racing in an open street at 1 in the morning??? thats where all the serious racers go and win some dough ... my friend has a hatch civic with a swap h22 running high 11's... that guy make a couple extra hundred dollars every weekend lol. All those american muscle cars thinkin its a "4 banger" and they doubt it will even break 13's... i like the look on their faces when they lose to a car with an engine half their size :D
Old 12-22-2004, 07:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree, I dont ever drive recklessly well not really recklessly at least when there are other cars (ones that dont intend to race and whatnot) around, or people, I go driving at 1-2 am for 'fun' as well
Old 12-22-2004, 07:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Someone PLEASE host the vid!

edit-nvm hehe.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I raced a red 02 eclipse with a coffee can muffler it was the v-6. I beat him by a car length. He wanted to go again, we both caught a red light I didn't even rev the engine I just started off normal then got on it. He had enough after this time. He turned off.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eclipxe
LOL - I was looking for street racing fatality numbers and I found this: http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic334100.htm

LOL, made me smile
haha, that's pretty funny. the v-6 mustangs are *real* dogs though, although the new v-6 2005 'stangs are pretty quick. 200hp. sweeeeet.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Souljah347
Originally Posted by dante
Street racing is stupid and i hope you get arrested
street racing is as stupid as trash-talking on the internet...

How was that trash talking i was simply condoning that i think street racing is stupid and i dont like people who do it, maybe you should whatch what you say before you say it. I dont like street racing becasue i have lost a couple of friends and family memebers because of street racing. So before you go on about me trash talking maybe you should realize how stupid and full of nonsense street racing is and take interest in a real hobby.
lots of people die everyday from things far more stupid then street racing. go preach somewhere else. i'm sorry you know people that have died(not sure if they were racing or not) but the long and the short of it is more people die everyday from smoking/second hand smoking. why don't you go preach to smokers. if you don't want to street race don't do it, don't _____ at others for it. i don't smoke, but i don't _____ at smokers. sure some people may die, but people die everyday it's part of life. if you get arrested for it, oh well, you took the risk.
I think the point is, if you want to die or take the risk of dying, fine - so bet it... but go kill yourself where you won't be harming other people that aren't involved. YOU live with your choices (be they stupid or not). But if you're racing on the street, you are likely to [sooner or later] grossly affect someone else's life or lives. You should not impose your idea of: "To hell with you, I don't care if I kill you, let me have my fun in my nice shiney, loaded with torgue car." That's just childish and obviously people who think that way were never really mature enough to have attained a license in the first place. Sure I've occassionally had a little race with someone on the road, but I have never once taken up a challenge when there are other people around. Having fun with your car is one thing. Heck, that's why I'm purchasing a TC and reading these boards - I intend to have fun. But there is responsibility where fun is, guys. I just think you're ragging on someone who you shouldn't get so huffy with. Race, have fun, but do so responsibly - which means in a controlled environment, instead of using a car as an extention of your manhood.

<steps off her soapbox> Geeze, what a way to make a first post. lol. Sorry, but I have been reading for a long time, and this was the first post to make me feel the need to respond in some way. Umm, so anyway... hi everyone
Old 12-22-2004, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

blah blah blah, this topic is getting way out of hand!

If you race, you race, your choice, your life, your wallet.

Topic done!
Old 12-22-2004, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Topic done!
Except the vid hasnt been posted :?
Old 12-22-2004, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member

The video is posted on here https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39429
just click on the link, and then you have to right click and "save as" on the file they give you.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
blah blah blah, this topic is getting way out of hand!

If you race, you race, your choice, your life, your wallet.

Topic done!
Exactly, IF it's done so responsibly... otherwise, it's others' lives/wallets. However, the topic is done when all means of discussion and interest have been lost, not when it's declared so by one person.