Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

totalled. UPDATE COURT STORY! Pg.9!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sucks man, good luck on the fight, im routing for ya.

on wednesday i almost tboned some ***** in a f150, I was making the left hand turn I had a green arrow, turned this dipsh!t thought the green arrow on his side was a normal green light and he ran the red!! so i slammed my breaks and saw the ***** on a cell phone i looked at his traffic lights and saw RED plus there were other cars sitting at the red light on his side! ahole!
i was gonna follow him but to talk **** but i had to goto work :/ lol
Old 06-08-2008, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

omg, im glad oyu guys are okay...sorry that happened.

hopefully you wont get the blame for this one, i wouldnt worry too much, i got tboned by some soccer mom and they tried to blame it on me, didnt work out too well for them though, i wound up being the one who got the ticket, etc
Old 06-08-2008, 03:40 AM
SL Member

Big cars and cell phones are a huge problem around me... people get in their big tank of a car, feel invulnerable and so get lax about paying attention to what they are doing... after all they have insurance (hopefully) and their car is super safe, so why bother worrying about those little compact cars driving around right?
Old 06-09-2008, 11:28 AM
SL Member

i know what thats like to have something you love takin from you in a second. i had a GSXR 600 and was cut off by a ***** and instead of hitting him, i chose the curb/tree. dum decision on my part cuz he ran off and they said there was nothing they could do unless i had a plate number.

honeslty when im flying through the air prayinf for dear life, the last thing going through my head was "get a plate number" and im lucky im alive. but my baby was in pieces.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

just go there and take your D3 out before an adjuster comes to look at it,
Old 06-09-2008, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Yep unles the insurance is gonna pay you for the aftermarket parts get them out.........

they are not gonna pay you for that AVIC so go get it before soem jerk at the yard steals it.........insurance will almost never take into account the value of aftermarket parts unless you have them put into the insurance under agreed value.........you do not need to put the stock radio in.......if you have rims take them off too and put the stockies on........take your subs and amps and all wires even.........

short of you runnign a red light the guy turning is at fault..........he is gonna need a witness that says you ran a red.......otherwise he has no case.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow !! The same thing happened to my mom and I awhile back- old fart turning left, we were going straight about 40-45mph and we end up smashing into his pass side door/fender..airbags deployed, our car was totalled and the old dude had no idea what had just happened! GRRRR

Best of luck to you and I'm glad you and your passenger made it out ok!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

sorry to hear man...good to hear you're ok...best of luck with everything
Old 06-09-2008, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn that sucks..... im sorry
Old 06-09-2008, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

well im goin today to et some pics so i can get opinions as to whether you guys think its totalled or not.
the insurance adjuster is slow as hell, my last accident he around a week just to come out and look.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:01 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
well im goin today to et some pics so i can get opinions as to whether you guys think its totalled or not.
the insurance adjuster is slow as hell, my last accident he around a week just to come out and look.
in the OP you said bent frame. its totaled if they dertime the fram the least bit warped. my mom used to be an adjuster. the minute they smell frame damage its bye bye car. my suggestion is what everyone else said. rip out anything of value because they wont give you more or less with or without them
Old 06-09-2008, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by waterhurley
Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
in the OP you said bent frame. its totaled if they dertime the fram the least bit warped. my mom used to be an adjuster. the minute they smell frame damage its bye bye car. my suggestion is what everyone else said. rip out anything of value because they wont give you more or less with or without them
My last car was rear ended, bent the frame, and wasn't totalled. So that's not always true.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

yea u can fix bent frames.
im hopin they dont but its possible.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member

i had a similar situation several years ago. some dumb ____ made a left in front of me, so i hit him. i had the right of way since i was not speeding and the light was green. he claimed that i was on my cell phone, which i was not, and this was in 99, several years before cell phone laws went into effect in chicago.

long story short, i had a sane judge that said "it doesnt matter if he (me) was upside down, on the phone, driving backwards. he (me) had the right of way". he lost.

my question to you is, why do you say that you may lose your license? drugs and alcohol we not involved, were they? and u didnt say that you were charged with a reckless... i may not be up to date with my <21 laws, since i havent had to care in a few years.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

^because i got 2 speeding tickets a while ago, and i was involved in a nother accident (same exact situation as this one) only a couple months ago.

so if they do say that its my fault i will be screwed. and they prob will because im only 18 and i have a modded car, etc...

UPDATE FOR EVEYONE ELSE!
PICS ON PAGE 1!

Totalled or Fixable?
Old 06-09-2008, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow man that looks totalled to me..

airbags and possible frame damage
Old 06-09-2008, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member

yikes, yeah, sounds like ya might have a problem there. good luck!

and after looking at the pics, it looks like it was quite a hit. i hope you are all ok. and if i may make a suggestion... if you feel the slightest discomfort in your neck, knees, etc, go have it checked out by a GOOD dr. i ignored some minor issues with my knee from VERY lightly tapping the dash, and 8 years later, i have some bad problems with my knees...
Old 06-10-2008, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ouch dude, you weren't kidding when you said you totaled your car, I'm glad to see you got out of it with just scratches and bruises. Hopefully insurance is nice and gives you a good amount of money for the car, let me know how it goes bro
Old 06-10-2008, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sucks dude!....I like the waterfall paint job thugh!...
Old 06-10-2008, 02:05 AM
SL Member

well man i think they will total that. however i can tell STRICTLY from the damage of the 2nd car that HE hit YOU. you can totally tell it was a t-bone. make sure you bring those pictures to court if thats what it comes down to. remember, if they rule you at fault you can fight it.

also hate to be the one to say it but if you complain of a little soreness in the neck, you have the upper hand. also you dont think about it but you can get real messed up in a car accident and injurys go unnoticed.

Quick Reply: totalled. UPDATE COURT STORY! Pg.9!