Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

TRD accessories question

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TRD accessories question

I have a question, has anyone been able or know if when you purchase a TRD accessory, can you receive the stock part back?

For example, you pay full price for the stock tC. Then you purchase from the dealer, the TRD muffler. Could you still have the dealer give you the original muffler? I mean, you paid for it with the base car. Plus it would be nice to know if the muffler ever went out in the futue, I wouldn't be set back too far.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Absolutely! Just make sure you tell them to give you the old part.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you know if they will do that if you order most of the parts with your initiatl purchase?
Old 06-04-2005, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I dont know if you know that if you buy TRD parts, you cannot add that toward your car payment. So most people do not do that on their initial purchase. The only things you can add toward your payments are scion parts like the spoiler, upgraded cd player, interior led lights, etc. Thats the reason why I bought the RS 1.0 because the upgrades are cheper, but I do not get the old parts (i.e. stock wheels and tires).

Originally Posted by scottyB
Do you know if they will do that if you order most of the parts with your initiatl purchase?
Old 06-08-2005, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can add the TRD accesories into the price of the vehicle and you can get your stock parts back all you have to do is ask them and they will give them back...
Old 06-08-2005, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by schwettynuts
I dont know if you know that if you buy TRD parts, you cannot add that toward your car payment. So most people do not do that on their initial purchase. The only things you can add toward your payments are scion parts like the spoiler, upgraded cd player, interior led lights, etc. Thats the reason why I bought the RS 1.0 because the upgrades are cheper, but I do not get the old parts (i.e. stock wheels and tires).
Huh?? Are you saying that if a person buys a tc, and orders it with TRD parts, the parts themselves cannot be rolled into the total cost of the vehicle and financed? If so, you are mistaken. Not only can you finance TRD parts, but just about anything. My sister in law financed a number of TRD parts on her XB, as well as leather seats. Toyota, or any other financing cmpany would have to be out of their minds to not allow you to finance parts, especially TRD parts. They not only make money on the outrageous markup on those parts, they make money on the financing aspect as well.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member

when i bought my Xb i had TRD parts put on and the AIM intake, bazooka tube. got all my factory parts too they where put in a plastic bag. The parts where put on a week later. I was able to absorb the upsidedown on my trade in with the after market parts that way the dealer could take money off their parts to make up the negative. All my parts where financed.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is kinda off topic, but can you use the $50 scion gift card toward TRD accessories?
Old 06-09-2005, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scottyB
well i ordered my tC and it came with two things that i didn't want, and they installed it b4 it was shipped to my dealer and they said i can't get those things back...i also got my exhuast later on and asked them for my old one back and they did give it back to me, so yea..lets just hope that when your car comes they didn't do ne thing to it yet. Or else they won't bother to get you your stock parts back
Old 06-09-2005, 10:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

this is what i did-i got my car and ordered the accessories i wanted. i drove my car home the same day i bought it-without any of the accessories yet and scheduled an appointment for the week after to go back and get all my stuff installed. when i went for the install, i told them to make sure they gave me all the original stuff back. what accessories are u looking at other than the trd exhaust? most of those items can be bought for much cheaper online or even in the SLife classified section sometimes. the exhaust can be installed easily by yourself. i wouldn't have them install anything basically. if u want springs and struts-they're gonna charge u like $700-$1000 for the install. INSANE. even the strut tower bar is gonna cost u at least $50-$100. the only trd accessory that maybe someone would want the dealership to install is the short shifter because some people might not wanna mess with anything tranny related-and even that's a pretty simple and straight forward install(the entire assembly pops out and get replaced with the trd one). i think if u order the car with the accessories and they put them in from port or wherever u don't get the original stuff. the best thing i've heard so far is getting the 18" emx wheels, but getting them at a later date-the people got to keep the stock wheels and the originals. if u ordered the emx's from port u didn't get to keep the stock ones i think.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member

If you read the fine print in the scion catalogue or in other Scion literature they specifically state that TRD parts are not able to be financed with the initial purchase of the car. However, the dealers would have to be retarded to stick to this because they stand to make so much $$$ by letting it fly. So officially, the answer is "no", put for all practical purposes if you want to you can.