Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Turbo Kit in the works!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member

Default Turbo Kit in the works!

Hey guys some of you are familiar with our outstanding products that include, custom turbo systems, exhaust systems, intake manifolds, intakes, and so on. And for those of you that aren't we at SSR Engineering strive to provide different makes and models with the best possible performance products.

Here's what we are looking to do, we are looking for someone that is interested in a custom turbo system in the southern california area, if you are interested we will be willing to give you the Turbo Kit at cost, free installation and free dyno! This isn't limited to those that want something simple like an exhaust system, intake, intake manifold, header, etc.

Also some more in depth information on our tC Turbo System heres a quick run down.
Stage 1 -
- T28 / T3/T4 Internal Wastegate
- 304SS Manifold
- 2.5'' Aluminum Intercooler Piping
- Forge or Evo Motorsports Recirc Valve
- Custom Fuel Rail w/ SS Fuel Return Line
- SX Fuel Pressure Regulator 1:1 Ratio (boost:fuel)
- 440CC Injectors (or bigger) possibly no fuel with a stage 1
- Split Second Piggy back ECU

For information on some of our product background please check out our website at www.ssr-engineering.com

Sentra Spec V Turbo System

Altima 3.5 V6 Turbo Kit (348WHP @ 5 PSI)

Old 07-10-2004, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so what you need is a car to practice on?
Old 07-10-2004, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by cornfield
Well we need a donor vehicle who is interested in getting a discounted turbo kit, and or any other parts we will offer.

Oh and by the way.... How does CARB Exemption Sound :D
Old 07-10-2004, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds intresting.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SSR Engineering
Well we need a donor vehicle who is interested in getting a discounted turbo kit, and or any other parts we will offer.

NICE where are you guys located
Old 07-10-2004, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by my2005tC

NICE where are you guys located
Santee, CA (San Diego)
Old 07-10-2004, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member

bump
Old 07-10-2004, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

^ nice guy, we been talking, sounds like a sweet deal on a BADASS kit. hit him up for sure!
Old 07-10-2004, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do you you guys currently have a tC that you are developing the charger for? from your experience how much more hp can you guys add ball park it if you have to. Once the turbo is finished do you plan on marketing it or just making them on demand?
Old 07-10-2004, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member

do you you guys currently have a tC that you are developing the charger for? from your experience how much more hp can you guys add ball park it if you have to. Once the turbo is finished do you plan on marketing it or just making them on demand?
It will be a full production piece, wedo not have a tC to develop the turbo system for, (that is what we are looking for) well for example our sentra gained about 100WHP from our turbo kit, and our other vehicles gained on average from 100-200WHP with our turbo kits.

We are going to be staging the kits to limit power, and reliability most importantly. Our stage 1 is probably going to be a large t25, t28, producing an extra 40-60HP, but making it a very basic, reliable and cheap kit. Whereas our stage two kit which will be using a t3/t4 system will proabably produce an extra 100WHP at standard boost.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds good. This is just my opinion but some people might take you a bit more seriously if you guys invested in your own tC that way they would feel better about purchasing the product. Because they would know that it was developed with love and care :D Just my opinion. can't wait to see what you guys come up with though.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member

sounds good. This is just my opinion but some people might take you a bit more seriously if you guys invested in your own tC that way they would feel better about purchasing the product. Because they would know that it was developed with love and care :D Just my opinion. can't wait to see what you guys come up with though.
Well we are also trying to give someoen a great opportunity, getting a discounted cost, installed and tuned by professionals saving you in the neighborhood of $2,000 dollars, which you could use to buy gauges or wheels or whatever. But still the donor will receive countless benefits and more then likely won't regret it.

We don't abuse cars, or anything at our shop, if any of you have concerns you can speak to previous donors and ask them about how they were handled, treated and how they feel about the work done.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member

How long would you need the car??? Would you warranty the work/parts that you put into the car? Would you be willing to work with someone from TN that would come spend some time in Cali???
Old 07-11-2004, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the cars on your site has no performance info or I couldn't find any just really high prices. no hp gains dyno graphs nothing. so the turbo kit isn't actually in the works but will be as soon as someone gives you thier tC to work on? :D
Old 07-11-2004, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Will turbo products/product be California emissions legal?

What type of gas mileage are we talking about.

I live in orange county and I am interested. I was going to buy the TRD supercharger when it comes out.

I need more info prior to jumping in head first. I have no idea how a Turbo works differently than a supercharger.

Is 10lbs of boost from a supercharger the same as 10lbs of boost from a turbo. Will I need to do all kinds of maintenance stuff to the turbo vs. the Scharger?

What is the life expectancy of a turbo before it needs rebuilt?

Anyway let me know what kind of money we are talking about and if it sounds good enough then we might have a deal.

1 big factor you must know...I don't have my car yet but it is on order should be here in about 1 month. Also I will need some type of legal paperwork drawn up...You know som,ething that says if you blow up my car during testing that you owe me a brand new one.

Brass
Old 07-11-2004, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by killerarl
How long would you need the car??? Would you warranty the work/parts that you put into the car? Would you be willing to work with someone from TN that would come spend some time in Cali???
Killerarl ,we would need the car from 6-8 weeks, we have a LIFE-TIME warranty an all of the parts we make. Yes we are willing to work with anyone.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:51 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by brasscorpion
Will turbo products/product be California emissions legal?
We will be looking into CARB exemption so yes and no, it may or may not be legal, but short answer not for a while, otherwise yes it will be pending.

What type of gas mileage are we talking about.
Near stock, it depends on your driving style, and mainly the kit you purchase, if you have a stage one turbo system we aren't going to alter any of the fuel components that came from the factory, except for adding a small FPR. However on our stage 2 system we will be adding larger injectors, a complete fuel return system and fuel management, so i'd safely say 2-4MPG less then stock, once again depending on your driving style.

I live in orange county and I am interested. I was going to buy the TRD supercharger when it comes out.

I need more info prior to jumping in head first. I have no idea how a Turbo works differently than a supercharger.
Turbos and Superchargers are like apples and oranges, superchargers are belt driven, whereas turbos are exhaust driven. Turbos IMO are a much more powerful upgrade other then a supercharger, since a) they have no parastic drag and b) they are very easy to adjust to make more power. Whereas when you have a supercharger in order to make more power you'll either have to bolt on more parts (headers exhaust etc.) or change out your pulley for a higher boost pressure.

Is 10lbs of boost from a supercharger the same as 10lbs of boost from a turbo. Will I need to do all kinds of maintenance stuff to the turbo vs. the Scharger?
Well yes it is, 10lbs of boost either way will raise the static compression ratio the same amount, however the CFM of either one will be different resulting in more power for one or the other. (How much air it actually pushes at 10psi) Maintanance with a turbo system is not much more then a supercharger, especially depdning on if the supercharger is self contained or not. Non self contained superchargers use an external line for oil feed and drain, which is the same as turbo. So maintanance IMO should be increased, frequent oil changes, and check ups never hurt a car though.

What is the life expectancy of a turbo before it needs rebuilt?
Well it depends on what specific turbo you are using, most Turbo manufacturers feature a 1-year warranty, but most standard cars are seeing 10 years + or - on stock turbos. Which once again is a characteristic of how well you maintain your vehicle, also there are electronics that will enable you to increase the life of your turbo.

Anyway let me know what kind of money we are talking about and if it sounds good enough then we might have a deal.
1 big factor you must know...I don't have my car yet but it is on order should be here in about 1 month. Also I will need some type of legal paperwork drawn up...You know som,ething that says if you blow up my car during testing that you owe me a brand new one.

Brass
We offer our turbo kits as custom turbo set-ups, basically meaning we assume no liability, so if your car blows up then we cannot do anything about it. However most cars that are turbocharged at a minimal and safe boost pressure (especially new cars) have a low tendency of blowing up. This offer is more for the guy thats trying to save some cash on a great performance opportunity, and get it installed and tuned by professionals who are responsible for tuning and building some of the most volatile cars in the world.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:12 AM
5 Year Member

We offer our turbo kits as custom turbo set-ups, basically meaning we assume no liability, so if your car blows up then we cannot do anything about it.
If Joe Schmo walked in and had a kit installed, I'm with you there. But you won't give any guarantee to the guy whose car you're going to use to develop the kit? That seems weak.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:15 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by gobstopper
We offer our turbo kits as custom turbo set-ups, basically meaning we assume no liability, so if your car blows up then we cannot do anything about it.
If Joe Schmo walked in and had a kit installed, I'm with you there. But you won't give any guarantee to the guy whose car you're going to use to develop the kit? That seems weak.
Well like I posted earlier, if any of you have doubts with our work you can contact our previous donors. Also if Joe Schmoe walked in we would charge him about double what we are charging you guys. Remember we are offering this kit at cost, so we are not making a dime, we are actually losing money paying for installation, and dyno time.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We offer our turbo kits as custom turbo set-ups, basically meaning we assume no liability, so if your car blows up then we cannot do anything about it. However most cars that are turbocharged at a minimal and safe boost pressure (especially new cars) have a low tendency of blowing up. This offer is more for the guy thats trying to save some cash on a great performance opportunity, and get it installed and tuned by professionals who are responsible for tuning and building some of the most volatile cars in the world.
LOL.

Quick Reply: Turbo Kit in the works!