Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]
View Poll Results: Should I stick with the Scionspeed Stage 2 turbo? Or should i spend the $4000 on other stuff.
Turbocharger that BlTCH
41.38%
Think... $4000 is alot of money. You could buy rims, bodykit, system and lowering springs
27.59%
$4000 is a ____load of money, don't waste it like that put it towards your car payments remaining
24.14%
Save the money for something else
6.90%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Turbocharger Vs. Bodykit/Rims/System Poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump (not sure what this means though)
Old 04-12-2005, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think they are just really in love with b2k and that why they keep say "Bump" they just cant get that song out of their head.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

rice rockets.. bleh..
Old 04-12-2005, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member

I would say Ice, body kit, etc.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by dlaluan
Originally Posted by Simez2003
I really wanted the turbo way more than anything, but thats scary ____. I wish there was a drag strip closeby so i didnt have to resort to street racing...
Turbos are cool, don't get me wrong, but just think about the problems you'll be having with the law. I've had many friends that had turbos, and the police would pull them over all the time. It came down to the point where they always looked for their cars cuz they already knew them and kept harassing them until they got rid of their cars entirely.

Bottomline, it's up to you if you want to get a turbo, but just think about the negatives and positives and compare which is greater. Do you really want to be hassled by the police? That's why I say stick to the drag strips with that car if you put turbo on it. It definitely shouldn't be a daily driver.
But it's not like they're going to know he's got a turbo under his hood. I think if he put a body kit and some attention getting rims i think the cops would notice him more. Oh yeah go for the turbo for sure.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Well it comes down to do you want performance or looks... but honestly your not gonna be able to put on a body kit for 4k let alone a good system (800+) and rims 1000+... so I would say get some performance upgrades like i/h/e and some suspension stuff and then get a good system for about 1500. Also you could save longer and do it all
Old 04-12-2005, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

better get a full brake upgrade...some harnesses...possibly racing seats cuz ur ***** will be to the wall and u need to stay seater....MOST importantly tho...new brakes and some suspension work so you stay alive...but otherwise....give her some BOOST
Old 04-12-2005, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

were talkin about a stage 1 turbo not a stage 3... 220whp or whatever it is isnt gonna pull your ***** to the wall but suspesion upgrades would be nice... and brakes arent a necessity either but nice but also 1500 and suspension atleast 500 for springs and sways which is way out of his range with a turbo and install at 5000+
Old 04-12-2005, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im not trying to be a jerk, it sounds like you may be a teenager still and dont know much about turbos. (Im basing this off of your questions. If you knew what you were doing you wouldnt need our help, which is cool.) With a turbo car, its a whole new world. Before you know it, you are going 100 mph easy. This is cool, but also very very dangerous. Again, Im not trying to bash you, but street racing is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Immature kids endangering the lives of us innocent people. Did you guys ever see that story on the news about that kid that was racing on the freeway and got into a wreck, hitting an innocent driver? He got out of his car, ran to help, only to find his own mother DEAD behind the wheel. He is doing time in prison and has to live with the guilt of killing his own mother. Im not saying your going to kill someone, but its not uncommon. If you are the type to "race" other little imports out there, then you will surely end up with a ticket, jail time, or, god forbid, a fatal accident. Unless you have a great deal of control, experience, and knowledge, I would say no to the turbo. Racing is meant for a track, where all other drivers are willing to risk it, keep it there.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ScionCop's Reply

I seriously doubt that simply reving the engine constitutes entrapment under the law. Personally I think it's still a cheese ball move.

I know some troopers that drive Camaros in Ct. I will check with them about any cases regarding reving or other kinds of entrapement.

ScionCop
Old 04-15-2005, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

get a bodykit, a wing, and some type-R stickers
Old 04-15-2005, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would never put 4k into a deaily driver. maybe into a real nice audio system for my cummutes.. but never.

if the tC is your weekend driver for the track, then get your turbo. otherwise put that 4k into a, something u can acutally showoff. or b, pay the damn car off
Old 04-15-2005, 04:09 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

GO TURBO NO Q'S ASKED!!!!!!! I SPENT THE MONEY ON THE OTHER STUFF - BUT WANT THE SPEED INSTEAD!!! HOPEFULLY IT IS COMING NEXT!!!!
Old 04-15-2005, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Kevin81788
I really wanted the turbo way more than anything, but thats scary ____. I wish there was a drag strip closeby so i didnt have to resort to street racing...
Turbos are cool, don't get me wrong, but just think about the problems you'll be having with the law. I've had many friends that had turbos, and the police would pull them over all the time. It came down to the point where they always looked for their cars cuz they already knew them and kept harassing them until they got rid of their cars entirely.

Bottomline, it's up to you if you want to get a turbo, but just think about the negatives and positives and compare which is greater. Do you really want to be hassled by the police? That's why I say stick to the drag strips with that car if you put turbo on it. It definitely shouldn't be a daily driver.
But it's not like they're going to know he's got a turbo under his hood. I think if he put a body kit and some attention getting rims i think the cops would notice him more. Oh yeah go for the turbo for sure.
Have you ever heard a turbo engine while its idle. There is a high, well maby not really high, but there is a high pitched "whine" just while its idling. When the car accellerates you can definitly tell that its there. If the person you are racing/the cop who is next to you or behind you, knows what to listen for they will know what you have under your hood.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First get the sound system, other odds and ends, better suspension, better brakes, THEN get a turbo or supercharger. Spending all your money on the speed is foolish if you don't have the chasis to handle it or the brakes to stop it. Like someone else said, don't get it if you want to street race, as that takes you into a higher arena where the stakes are much greater for disaster. Keep it on the track.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mista3
Originally Posted by Kevin81788

Have you ever heard a turbo engine while its idle. There is a high, well maby not really high, but there is a high pitched "whine" just while its idling. When the car accellerates you can definitly tell that its there. If the person you are racing/the cop who is next to you or behind you, knows what to listen for they will know what you have under your hood.
I dunno what kinda turbo cars you are hearing, but you cannot hear a turbo at idle... ESPECIALLY a T3/T04. A supercharger I could understand hearing at idle, but only on SOME cars... The only way you would be able to hear a turbo at idle is if it is TEENY TINY... Trust me, I own a Turbo Z right now and used to own an Eagle Talon TSI... The only way anyone will know that he has a turbo is the FMIC, which can be hidden pretty well with either black paint (wouldnt suggest), getting it powdercoated (still kinda wary) or get black pantyhose and out them around the FMIC... The other tell tail signs are of course the spool up.. BUT you wont hear that until higher RPMs than idle, probably 3,000 with the T3/T04 on the 2.4l (maybe even higher). I am sure some guys on the site will be able to answer that much better, I just dont care to look it up at the moment.

Honestly I LOVE turbos and the feeling is none other.. I love the Hand of the Turbo that pulls you back into your seat when it kicks in... But if you really arent sure if you wanna do it, I would suggest putting that 4,000 into the payment... What better to do then get the car paid off quicker, than go and get a bunch of tickets and possibly miss a few payments...
But also look at it this way... If you would race without the Turbo, then you would get caught anyways, may as well make it worth it... hahaha...

Its up to you... I cant really tell you what I would do because mine is paid off... I would just say.. If you are going to all out stop street racing and you arent going to take it to the track, then do not worry about the turbo... If you are still gonna street race with it turbo or not, then Boost the Biatch and have some HELLA GOOD TIMES!!!!

P.S. A turbo car can EASILY be a daily driver.. Its called a dual stager BOOST CONTROLLER (or you can get a totally digital one). thats one of the great things about turbo cars.. You can drop the car to 3lbs of boost when daily driving and then up it to 10lbs for the track... Unlike a SuperCharger the boost on a turbo is EASILY changed, with a boost controller of course..
Old 04-15-2005, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks are more important to me then whats under the hood.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i say pay your payments then once its closer to being paid off then turbocharge it. wait to see what the car can handle, what to go with, and whats the best quality. for now id say just spend half if not less on rims and full suspension. IMO thats pretty much all ill be doing.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Necromancer
bump (not sure what this means though)
newbies...
Old 04-15-2005, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Being a criminal justice major I would consider that borderline entrapment- For entrapment the police officer has to initiate the "transaction" and entice the other person or persons to go along with the "plan" and almost force them into it, make them do something that the wouldn't or weren't intending on doing. But then it all comes down to his word vs the police officers. My opinion, rims and mods or payments- it will be much sweeter to know that u have "x" amount of months cut off the end of your loan.