(UPDATED 9.9.05) New Pics and Vids

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default (UPDATED 9.9.05) New Pics and Vids

Well guys i have had some fun with LED's recently and i have finally taken some pictures.....granted they arent the best because i was in a rush and upset about the Heat losing game 7. Anway heres what i have done

First are my parking lights in blue. They come out really bright in the pics i took but they are really a much darker blue. A very cool deep blue mean look and cheap mod.

Next up are my gauges. Goodbye Nasty orange (no offensive if u actually like it) Hello soothing blue. I did them with help of someone who has solder experience but i was able the figure it out......all in all about 2 hours of work and not too bad as i thought!

Next are the interior blue lights. I know they look dim but they are absolutely perfect. I have seen the cathodes and while very nice too, just a little too bright. My car has such a subtle blue feel it is great and everyone that has been in it has agreed it just enough without over doing it!!! BTW i did the install myself and went very smooth just make sure you know what a T-Tap is before you start!!! that drove me nuts because didnt really understand what i was doing there and the instructions and pics didnt help much.....If you need help installing the factory kit let me know!!! Also the cubby hole light was changed to blue!!

Finally are my dome and map lights with White LED's. I also did the back dome light too i just didnt take a pic of that. Very easy to change and the Bright white makes the car look clean and crisp 100 times better then the nasty yellowish tint!!!!

Well that does it for now. I am planning on doing the HU in blue shortly and the center console in white because i heard blue is too dim to see. Also i want to change the license plate lights to white LED's. Now i have yet to look back there but how do they come out and what kind of LED's do i need???? Anyone with a pic would be great!!!

Well let me know what you think??? Good or BAD>>> i dont mind
Also if you want more pics let me know because i could always use another excuse to take more pics!!!lol Plus i did the tint 15% all around and yet to take day pics..that is soon to come!!

Well i finally got to take some up to date vids and pics of my car with new mods and toys. Unfortunately my batteries died in my camera so i will try to take some more vids and pics if anyone would like to see more!! ENJOY

Here is My Hvac Conversion finally now its time to do the HU!!!

Here another shot but it went crazy and thought it was cool looking

Here some more leds this time in the door window controls...This looks awesome at night and still visable during the day too!!

Some pics of my drop but not very many...damn batteries..plus i need some day shots! (Hotchkis springs)

Shot of my engine bay- Injen Intake (Full CAI soon) and DC Strut Bar

And now for a some videos of my Tcover and Knight Rider lights....again i will get better movies when i have the right batteries but you get the idea

This one is a shot of my Tcover and the speed of how it opens and closes upon turning on and off the ignition...absolutely amazing new mod... i love it!!!
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Tcover1

Okay this one is kind of dark but it shows my cover opening and closing again...then it shows you my control box where my knight rider lights work and how it will move behind the grill. This little box is awesome i can judge what it looks like outside...
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Tcover

Finally a quick look at KIT...lol no doesn't talk to me yet......i will get some more vids if you want with the different speeds and such.....if its not your thing i understand but most people have liked it....also on the highest speed it looks like a cop..hahaha
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Knight-Rider1
Old 06-07-2005, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I'd be very interested in seeing the pics w/ tints!!! Also, cool blue lights but there are too much blue for my personal taste... BTW, what kinda HU have blue lights !!!
Old 06-07-2005, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the interior lights are cool. can you take a pic of just the map light or just the dome lights on?

any tips on installing the factory kit? (whats a a T-Tap?) :-/
Old 06-07-2005, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by finger11
the interior lights are cool. can you take a pic of just the map light or just the dome lights on?

any tips on installing the factory kit? (whats a a T-Tap?) :-/

lol...the T-tap look like this

there are metal prongs that when clamped splice into the wire. Then in this pic
it shows how the plug goes into the t-tap because there is a small slit on the side with another metal clamp in side.....this is how wires are spliced using T-Taps....this was not really spelled out in the instructions....but the rest of the instructions are fine....just dont worry about the mounting part....i just put them far in the back with plastic ties so you cant see them!!!

i will get some pics later for ya..... check back for an update maybe tomorrow
Old 06-07-2005, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what type of LEDS did you get specifically? I know the bulb types out there but there's lots of different types of LED clusters so could let us know which exact ones you got, thanks.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks good! but yeah, if you're gonna post something like this, people are gonna want to copy you, so you need to post links and info to the place(s) on where you got everything and what type.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very nice, im doing my interior lights and parking bulb lights sometime in the summer. I already have my HID's put in. Can't wait.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

saweet
Old 06-07-2005, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by icdedppl
looks good! but yeah, if you're gonna post something like this, people are gonna want to copy you, so you need to post links and info to the place(s) on where you got everything and what type.

i know but i figured my post was already forever long to begin with...anyway here is some info.

http://home.cfl.rr.com/icdedppl/faq.html#c1

this website will give you the size bulbs you need for the cubby hole, map and dome, and parking lights.

i used http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...gi?product=CAR

for these

parking lights and map = WLED 6-LED bulb
12 VDC 6-LED Wedge Base bulb (194/168 type)
Our brightest bulb of this type
Non Polarized
$ 2.99

dome = Interior Dome light (Rear) is 8W...(yes, Eight),
3022-4 LED Festoon bulb
30x10mm (1.181 inches long)12 VDC Festoon Base Bulb with 4 LEDS
Available in White,Green,Red,Amber and UV LED
$ 1.89

cubby hole = 74 Wedge Base LED bulb
Small Wedge Base LED bulb (74 type)
3/16 inch wide base, 13/16 inch overall length
Flat tipped LED produces wide beam angle
$ 1.19

Now for the Leds for the gauges you will need surface mount LEDs.
I used http://www.lc-led.com/Products/department/5
i bought a sample 15 pack for like $20 plus shipping

i think that covers it if you need something else let me know
Old 06-07-2005, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

oh and BTW the other lights are the factory interiors lights (leds) from scion
Old 06-07-2005, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very well done let setup my friend. I've been thinking
about doing something very similar for my BOP box.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Very blue indeed!
Old 06-08-2005, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks everyone, i am glad you all like it....hope you guys find the info helpful too
Old 06-08-2005, 04:57 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

damm..tahts hot =D
Old 06-08-2005, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you car catches on fire for no apparent reason, don't go flaming scion or whoever like someone else on this forum. Looks sweet though. Taletned indeed.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Props...I'm really liking the dash lights and plan on doing that also w/ my HU sometime this summer...You get even more credit cause of all this damn rain!
Old 06-08-2005, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

thank you thank you thank you!!!!
I just did the interior light kit, and wsa hesitant to do the LED dash convo, thinking it would be too blue, but your pix have convinced me otherwise!

you rock!
Old 06-08-2005, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Fixtion
If you car catches on fire for no apparent reason, don't go flaming scion or whoever like someone else on this forum. Looks sweet though. Taletned indeed.

If my car catches FIRE first thing i do is cry...but i would never blame anyone else for mods I did to my car.........unless someone set it on fire that would suck i might have to get out my

Seriously though i took my time on every mod to make sure that it was installed properly otherwise why would i chance my car catching fire

Also thanks everyone for the great feedback and toastbox it is no way even close being tooo blue and even if it was you can still dim it and it looks nice
Old 06-08-2005, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Fsu1dolfan

If my car catches FIRE first thing i do is cry...but i would never blame anyone else for mods I did to my car.........unless someone set it on fire that would suck i might have to get out my

Seriously though i took my time on every mod to make sure that it was installed properly otherwise why would i chance my car catching fire

Also thanks everyone for the great feedback and toastbox it is no way even close being tooo blue and even if it was you can still dim it and it looks nice
I meant it more like too much blue, as in blue everywhere, not enough contrast. But looking at your pix, you've convinced me otherwise. I've already started ordering the LED's
Old 06-08-2005, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by toastbox
Originally Posted by Fsu1dolfan

I meant it more like too much blue, as in blue everywhere, not enough contrast. But looking at your pix, you've convinced me otherwise. I've already started ordering the LED's

I got ya!!! Well good luck and post pics when your done!!! Remember becareful with the LCD screen

Quick Reply: (UPDATED 9.9.05) New Pics and Vids