Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

VENTING! I'm beginning to think my car is cursed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default VENTING! I'm beginning to think my car is cursed!

Ugh. I swear, my car is cursed.

Every time I try to do something or I order something in the mail, nothing goes right!

When I tried to install my cathodes,both transformers didn't work, luckily Oznium sent out some replacements pretty quickly.

When I tried to put my halos on my stock headlights (well, my BF I should say... I don't really drill, so I don't trust myself), he broke them. =(

I ordered a CF hatch garnish like in February. Got it in the mail in March and it didn't fit AT ALL. Luckily, I got a replacement that fits now (two weeks ago).

I just ordered an NRG shift **** and it came in the mail defective. They rushed on the clear coat because there's a big, dried drip on the one side and it's already scratched in two locations. I have to email NRG with pictures for proof. Ugh what a hassle for a shift ****.

The hatch that I installed two weeks ago didn't go right at first. It took two whole days to do it. I didn't know what I did wrong so I took it over a friend's and he caught my mistakes (that was a hassle, never again).

I ordered Blizzard Pearl paint to do my interior pieces and painted them two days ago. some pieces came out a different color (I have no clue why). =(

I got keyhole plugs that got lost in the mail, then they sent out replacements and when I finally got them weeks later, it didn't match my paint. I was too stressed out to return them or say anything.

And well recently I took off all my vinyl because since I completed my panda look, I ordered a white Tare Panda vinyl decal off of eBay. Well, I got it today, opened up the envelope, and what do you know - it's black! What can I do with a black decal when my windows are tinted limo?

Oh, and I took my car up to this nice park for a quick shoot the past weekend and I wiped it down, set up my tripod, turned on my camera, and BAM. My camera doesn't work, and it's not the batteries. It worked fine when I shot pictures that weren't car related!! Ugh.

I am just so ____ed anymore, I don't know why I try. Everything I order or do never goes right the first time. It's starting to get ridic.! My car is cursed! I hate modding!

Sorry, just had to vent!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Dang, im sorry.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

*pat pat*
Old 04-28-2008, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn sorrry bro.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

damn i feel you pain kid.. you might want to sell you car an get a ford pick up... no don't do that.... just take its as a learning experience.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Banned
SL Member

Old 04-28-2008, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Um to everyhour is a female fellas and 23 isnt a kid. Sorry to here about your bad luck. Hope things get better.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CRUZtc8
damn sorrry bro.
pshhh...toeveryhour is a girl...

its okay, if it makes you feel better, i've had to go back and fix something wrong with just about every mod installed on my tc too!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah im cursed too i ordered my stop tech stage 2 4 weeks ago and they still havnt come, so for 4 weeks i havnt driven my car cause my caliper locked onto my rotor and damaged it and my car is dead and i know i have to clay bar it and im depressed.

dont worry your not the only one
Old 04-29-2008, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

yeah i know. and i'm not acting like a baby, but thanks anyways. just venting to all my SL friends.

and yes. I AM A GIRL. hehe
Old 04-29-2008, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn that sucks when nothing is going right i feel your pain
Old 04-29-2008, 01:30 AM
SL Member

maybe it is Scions that are cursed....the cheap DVD player I ordered about a year ago is quickly losing its wits..I ordered a clarion unit on the 6th, recieved it and it was dead..mailed it back, and it took the company forever to even email me that they recieved it..they finally said the would exchange, but they was out of stock. I asked if I could upgrade to a new Kenwood that they just listed in stock, paid the difference and PAID for 2nd day air shipping. Here it is 3 days after it was supposed to get here, and no headunit for my box. I also ordered a speaker box and when fellow when to get the supplies, they were on backorder. Oh well, once everything comes together, Scion owners still have the nicest rides!

Good luck!
Old 04-29-2008, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stop buying from EBAY?
Old 04-29-2008, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i just bought the tare panda decal off of ebay thank you, nothing else. went through vendors for the other stuff.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Buy from better vendors? Sorry but Scion is still the new kids on the block so unless your purchasing from a well known after market vendor that is already established what more do you expect?
Old 04-29-2008, 06:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey its always helps to vent every once in awhile, just don't make it a habit. Good luck with your future mods tho
Old 04-29-2008, 11:48 AM
SL Member

Why not buy from eBay? When I can save 300$ on something from eBay from someone who has established feedback, why would I go to another vender who has 0 feedback for me to go on. Sorry to thread jack, but I don't get the anti-eBay attitude. ebay is fine if you watch who you are buying from. I have been shopping ebay for years, and very seldom have any issue. Anyways, here is your thread back....
Old 04-29-2008, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by TN_Toaster
Why not buy from eBay? When I can save 300$ on something from eBay from someone who has established feedback, why would I go to another vender who has 0 feedback for me to go on. Sorry to thread jack, but I don't get the anti-eBay attitude. ebay is fine if you watch who you are buying from. I have been shopping ebay for years, and very seldom have any issue. Anyways, here is your thread back....
yeah i don't get it either. this guy had 100% positive feedback and 1 neutral total. i'm sure i'll get it sorted out.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

EBAY is a sham waiting to happen the people who do good on ebay and have positive feedback are 99% of time just a company using ebay as their online transaction source. I'm talking about when you are buying from individual sellers who are selling "SRI intake bought by me but never used".
Old 04-29-2008, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

well i don't do that anyways

Quick Reply: VENTING! I'm beginning to think my car is cursed!