waiting time?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 12:31 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default waiting time?

Hey I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, so mods feel free to do as you wish with this thread.

I was just wondering, how long everyone had to wait to get their cars?
I've heard some people say it takes 6 weeks and i've heard that others got theirs within a few days.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it depends on how picky you are being. We really wanted AP, so once we heard they were coming in we put down a deposit - it's a month wait from there, ugh. But only two more weeks now!
Old 05-06-2005, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member

It really depends if the dealer can find what you want locally at another dealer and make a trade. If that happens you'll be waiting a week or less, otherwise expect over a month.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't wait at all actually... At the dealer I went to, the SSM was 5spd and just sitting there waiting for me. I liked the IIP as a better color, but it was Auto.

They had an AP one there just the other day, but I drove by yesterday and I think it was gone already. They also still have an RS2 xB. That has been there since I picked mine up a couple weeks ago.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didnt wait either, walked in, test drove my car with 2 miles on it and drove it out.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member

I waited for like 3 weeks but I had the side curtain airbags put in at the factory. Flint 5spds are popular around this area so that was another reason. Definitly worth the wait though
Old 05-06-2005, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stock - 3 weeks. Go to someone who is firm about delivery date, or a dealer that gets like a million of them every month and order one. Feel free to tell the dealer you have no problem with going somewhere else if they can't get the car in time. Plenty of other dealers will be ready to fill their place. I had a handful of dealers just calling me every day. Personally, I don't have the heart to order three tCs at one time and then just take the first one that arrives. But, if you're a little more heartless than I am, that might be a good strategy.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Same here..walked in they had one left it was the color and everything i wanted...

Flint Mica
Lip kit
Trd Exhaust
5 Speed
Lip Spoiler
OBX Mesh shift ****

That was everything i was looking to get on it...walked in test drove it...and drove home in it.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gotti511
I waited for like 3 weeks but I had the side curtain airbags put in at the factory. Flint 5spds are popular around this area so that was another reason. Definitly worth the wait though
Most of your wait was likely the airbags. I would have liked to have them, but obviously would have had to order.

Oh well.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i put my deposit on mine 4 weeks ago, and i finally got the call this morning to pick it up tomorrow, so yea a whole month for meh...
Old 05-06-2005, 03:36 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

3 weeks, no big deal. Thats what they told me, that is how long it took.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a little over 2 months, but that was last year when the care wasn't as popular yet.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was not very picky. My exterior choice of my new car were narrowed down to BSP and IIP. There was two BSP tC. One of them was installed with side airbags and spoiler. The other one was base model with the overpriced floormats, which should be included in all the stock models if you didn't make a special order about your vehicle. I didn't have to wait to get my tC. Actually, my first choice was IIP, but the dealer that I went to didn't have any IIP. Besides, I was going to trade in my 98' Camry LE. The sales manager said he would add $1000 dollars for the trade in value because they didn't have enough quotas (spelling?). I didn't wait and got my BSP tC.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

2 week wait on mine...TRD springs on the other hand took another 3 after i picked up my tC. Still, i feel very fortunate to be drivin mine after 2, considering some of the other posts i've seen.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Went in, told them I wanted an IIP 5spd no matter what the wait. I think I waited about a month for it including installing the options.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default BAD SCION PURCHASING EXPERINECE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF you have good luck... you may not wait the full month... if you don't it could be AAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT longer.... sorry had to vent.. by scion purchasing expirience has not been good... tomorrow will be canceling day for me...... believe it or not.. it's been 3month 1 1/2 weeks... and im still not an owner...............

i was told 10 weeks... "AT" the 10 week mark.. i was ready to cancel but was told the car was on the boat... 1 week later.. the car was suppose to be in port... 1 week after that i called and the car was on a truck... and it was only suppose to be few days.... 1 week later the car arrives...!!!!!!! and GUESS WHAT........... it's a silver 5spd... but has no options installed AND a toyo guard $699 package i " did not " order... SO.. off to the dealer i go because i was not going to pay for the BS package i did not order and i was not going to pay for the install of the options i wanted... ( the options BTW were the ground affect kit.. trd exhaust and the 18" wheels..) ... the sales guy worked it out so i would get 19" wheels and tires for the same as the 18's to make up for the toyo guard since they could not remove it.. and they were going to order the GA kit and and exhaust and install it.. 1 week later i called AND.. the GA kit came in the wrong color.. they had to reorder.. NOW presently he promised i would be driving the car this weekend... well.. i drove by this morning on the way to work and the car was still sitting outside without the GA kit and the shop was packed with cars inside... so i will drive by again on the way home.. if it is still sitting there without options... guess what.. CANCELED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to add to everthing.. i recieved two emails one from the dealer and one from SCION thanking me for being a customer and to take time to fill out a servey... TRUST ME... I WILL BE FILLING OUT THE SERVEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i feel like an ___ for being led-on for so long.. when i ordered it, i was excited about it.. i even have alittle over $300 in parts ready to puton the car... right now... im thinking of just ebaying the entire lot and wipping my ___ with scion and toyota.................
Old 05-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Banned
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I called them on a Wednesday from Atlanta while I was on business. I told them I wanted a BSP 5-speed. I flew back into DFW on Friday morning and drove over there and it had just come in on the truck. I then waited 5 days to pick it up, so they could get the Leather/Suede interior installed.

-Z
Old 05-06-2005, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

so basically anyone who wanted a completely stock tC got theirs within a few days?
Old 05-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Banned
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Mine is 5-speed with Side Air Bags. If you're willing to drive down to Texas, Charles Maund Scion is knocking off the price of Side Airbags for the ones in stock and any coming in through the month of May. But TX is a little ways away from you.

-Z
Old 05-06-2005, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only thing I had installed was the security system. But they didn't have it in stock the day I picked it up (test drove one day, picked up the next). The security system was in stock the next day, had it installed two days later after work.

Quick Reply: waiting time?