2005-2010 [ANT10]

WARNING TO ALL TC OWNERZ!!!!!!LIQUID AIR FRESHNER USERS

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default WARNING TO ALL TC OWNERZ!!!!!!LIQUID AIR FRESHNER USERS

HEy everyone . Here's 1 of 2 the problems i ran into with my tc thats happens to be not my fault. here the first one.

two weeks after i bought my tc i bought a air freshner from AROMETRICS because of the different fragrances. Well today at lunch time i went out to my car and looked at my dash and noticed that the fragance liqiud was all over my console and dash board. apparently the bottle that houses the container of fragrance got hot from the sun and spewed the stuff everywhere and to top that off the liquid melted a small portion of the cd door and upper vent part. so i called VALVOLINE who makes the car product and they agreed to fix it as long as i take pictures of the damage and get an estimate. would you think that estimate from they dealership i got was like $617.54. the parts were like 200 bucks total but the labor was over 400 bucks to install!!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

That would damage just about any interior.. those fresheners are J U N K.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member

damn yah.. didn't u guys notice it gets frikken hot in there? man.. i thought the tint was supposed to help, but i think it jus helped the green house effect
Old 06-06-2005, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to hear that. Thats alot too.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heres the other problem that hasnt been solved yet

Scion of waldorf is the worst dealership as far as service and customer satisfaction. The service guys there are completely unproffesional and arrogant when dealing with customers. Service guy ate peanuts in my brand new tC, forgot to put the hooks for the floor mats, didnt return the wheel locks and wheels (4 days later had to pick them up) after installing aftermarket rims. They also damaged my chrome rims(used the wrong tool)and covered their tracks by using some sort of touch paint. Of course they denied all wrong doing and I had to sick scions corporate head, chuck county police, and my digital camera and my insurance company on them. Hopefully I will get new rims. Either through insurance or scion corp either way im good. Tavis and the other sales guy there I highly recommend though but overall if I had to do it again I would have chosen a different dealership because service is where it counts the most. oh yeah by the way service took 2 1/2 hours to put wheels on my vehicle and the tires are already mounted by the factory

update:

i spoke with thewaldorf dealership manager and provide him with proof of the damage that i stumbled upon when i was sorting through pics of they car. i delivered a smoking gun when i looked in the advanced setting for digital pics and i noticed it was 30 minutes after the install... the pics i posted on this very site.

update of an update

wheels replaced and now i can breathe easy
Old 06-06-2005, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member

Scion Noics
SL Member

eh...you can install it yourself. Its not that hard...
Old 06-06-2005, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not sure how much tint and/or UV protection the tC
has on the front windshield if any.

Cars can get in the 120 degrees if in direct sunlight!!

Why do you think pets and children have died while unsupervised
in closed up cars!
Old 06-06-2005, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go to a different dealership
Old 06-06-2005, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: WARNING TO ALL TC OWNERZ!!!!!!

Why do you need such a thing?
I'd never pay for such a thing,
ask for pain and suffering for the
car and put some love into that poor car.
BAD Air Freshner BAD!
Muhahahaha!!!

Originally Posted by freeflowing
HEy everyone . Here's 1 of 2 the problem i ran into with my tc thats happens to be not my fault. here the first one.

two weeks after i bought my tc i bought a air freshner from AROMETRICS because of the different fragrances. Well today at lunch time i went out to my car and looked at my dash and noticed that the fragance liqiud was all over my console and dash board. apparently the bottle that houses the container of fragrance got hot from the sun and spewed the stuff everywhere and to top that off the liquid melted a small portion of the cd door and upper vent part. so i called VALVOLINE who makes the car product and they agreed to fix it as long as i take pictures of the damage and get an estimate. would you think that estimate from they dealership i got was like $617.54. the parts were like 200 bucks total but the labor was over 400 bucks to install!!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey im not mad about the cost because it aint coming out of my pocket either way but its just a product that shouldnt function the way it did. i never suspected that a liquid base freshner would do that type of damage. imagine if i just got in the car it spewed all over me .imagine the lawsuit there . i might do it my self as far as the install is concern because i was planning on pulling the radio anyway ..
Old 06-06-2005, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The all glass roof can make the car extra hot in direct sunlight. But you are right, the product designers should have factored in car interior heat.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member

I'm just saying why not a performance part.

But yeah it's kinda bad Toyota missed something.
They're excellent otherwise....
Not many people are experts in air-freshners.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sucks to hear about the dealer trying to ____ you like that...I had a similar problem at Priority Toyota/Scion in chesapeake, virginia when I went in to have my accsories installed..First when i got my car back I noticed that the tech that worked on the car had left some dirty as tools in my passenger floorboard and there was all kinds of paper and ____ in the car that was not there when I dropped off...I had picked up after hours so there was no one that I could talk to about it..Then when I got home I took a look at a few other things in my car and noticed that all of the silver change and a few dollars were mising from the car and the corners of the bumpers were missing paint...So I called the dealer in the morning and of course the service manager denied it all and was defending the people that worked on the car by saying that there was more than one person in the car so there was not one person to blame..Long story short it took my lawyer and insurance company to get ____ settled..

I would not recommend that service center to anyone in the area and they were also very rude...Needless to say I will not go back!
Old 06-06-2005, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like to work on the looks first and then performance later. plus looks are a helluva lot cheaper than performance and less time consuming.

dealership update:

just got off the phone with the dealer and new wheels will be installed on thursday . and im gonna take the camera this time to make sure there no foul up this time.

word of advice to all scion ownerz take a digital camera with you when you hit the dealershipbecause they will pull a fast one if your sleepy that day!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ouch.. Sorry to hear about the spill. That is why I avoid using liquid air freshners. The best are those CX- ??? that has a squash scent and just refillable packets
Old 06-06-2005, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i give that one a try . whats the brand of the freshner by the way???i like vanilla for some reason.

here something i found strange. AROMETRICS AKA VALVOLINE HAS A CLAIM CENTER HOTLINE and apparently im not the only one who had this happen to them!the liquid according to representive eats away plastic and vinyl dashes . and they(VALVOLINE ) failed to put a disclaimer on the product warning users about this.

IF THIS HAPPENED TO YOU OR SOME ONE YOU KNOW CALL THIS NUMBER TO FILE YOUR CLAIM

1800-832-6825
Old 06-06-2005, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sooks man.. I feal for ya'
The same thing happened to me with a glow stick on the dash of my Honda a few years ago. When it busted it 'ate' a hole through my dash!
Old 06-06-2005, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: WARNING TO ALL TC OWNERZ!!!!!!

Originally Posted by freeflowing
two weeks after i bought my tc i bought a air freshner from AROMETRICS because of the different fragrances.
please don't tell me it was "new car" smell.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PICS!
Old 06-06-2005, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Why is this titled as a tC bulletin? Shouldn't it be Attn: liquid air freshener users?

Quick Reply: WARNING TO ALL TC OWNERZ!!!!!!LIQUID AIR FRESHNER USERS