Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Water in passenger floor mat

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 04:31 PM

Default Water in passenger floor mat

Hi everyone. I purchased a 2006 Tc on Friday and fell in love with it. Although the dealership ____ed me off by drilling two holes in the front bumper to put their dealership tag on it - I'm still considering whether it's worth it to complain to them.

Saturday night there was a pretty heavy rain storm and I found water in the passenger floor mat on Sunday morning. Luckily it was only on the mat, nowhere else, and the mat contained it.

Looking around under the glove box, I could not find anything to indicate where the water came from. I did find a lot of leafy debris where the hood hinges are on the outside of the car. I cleaned as much of that out as I could and water seemed to flow pretty freely out when I poured some in there.

Hopefully, this did the trick, but I won't know until we get another good rain. Anyone else had a problem with this? Think it could have been from the leaves in the hood hinge area?
Old 03-25-2013, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The front windshield might have been replaced at one time. If that is the case then most likely it is going to be a bad seal somewhere. Check the right outside corner (standing in front) of the windshield and check to se if there is a toyota/scion label... and they still could of had the glass replaced just with oem glass as well.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:01 AM

I don't see Toyota or Scion anywhere on the windshield. On the bottom on the Driver side, it says Lamisafe AHASI DOT 29 but that's all I could find.

So a bad seal could leak down to the inside floor of the car? Hmmm, now to check the warranty...

I'm still hoping it may have just been the leaves built up. Anyone know if that could have caused it instead?

Last edited by lab_rat; 03-26-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lab_rat
I don't see Toyota or Scion anywhere on the windshield. On the bottom on the Driver side, it says Lamisafe AHASI DOT 29 but that's all I could find.

So a bad seal could leak down to the inside floor of the car? Hmmm, now to check the warranty...

I'm still hoping it may have just been the leaves built up. Anyone know if that could have caused it instead?
Pull up the passenger floor mat and look for a small black tube towards the front left. It's the evaporator tube which can become clogged causing water to leak under the passenger mat.