Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

What did you pay for your TC out the door?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 04:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

$19,500 for me - white auto
got the sub, floormats, scion security
6% sales tax
Old 10-19-2004, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member

Those of you wondering about the paint protection, it's an insurance that protects your paint incase it gets jacked up, the only problem is that it has to occur from nature or things like that. Say if a leaf or bird dropping lands on your car well since the paint on the tc is non led paint then it can go to crap easily. So they fix the paint for free.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anybody pay higher than my 8.75% sales tax (Nassau County, NY)? I gotta move out of this area...
Old 10-19-2004, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: some of these prices are wack

Originally Posted by ShadyEye16
I work @ a Scion dealer in chicago, and every dealership is supossed to sell the cars for the exact same price (5-Speed: $16,465/ Auto: $17,265). Every dealership had to sign a contract to be allowed to sell scions and part of that contract was that they could not mark up the cars at all. Your out the door price will obviously be more than the figures I gave, because of taxes, accessories and doc. fees, but if you look at your buyer's order and the first line "price of vehicle" says anything other than the #'s I just posted, you got screwed, and you should call Toyota and report the dealership.

Sorry bud, you are mistaken - what your saying dealers signed would actually be illegal(price fixing)
I really get annoyed when dealers dont know there own job
Old 10-20-2004, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: some of these prices are wack

Originally Posted by KrAuSeScIoN
Originally Posted by ShadyEye16
I work @ a Scion dealer in chicago, and every dealership is supossed to sell the cars for the exact same price (5-Speed: $16,465/ Auto: $17,265). Every dealership had to sign a contract to be allowed to sell scions and part of that contract was that they could not mark up the cars at all. Your out the door price will obviously be more than the figures I gave, because of taxes, accessories and doc. fees, but if you look at your buyer's order and the first line "price of vehicle" says anything other than the #'s I just posted, you got screwed, and you should call Toyota and report the dealership.

Sorry bud, you are mistaken - what your saying dealers signed would actually be illegal(price fixing)
I really get annoyed when dealers dont know there own job
Ouch, pretty harsh man, but...

....You are absolutly right KrAuSeScIoN, I had only been working for the dealership for less than 2 weeks when I posted that; It was my understanding at the time that everyone has to sell the cars for MSRP *wrong* my bad, ooops and whatever else.

Dealers can sell a car for whatever they want as long as what they charge matches thier website and their in-store menu (if they want to stay covenant compliant and keep thier allocation #'s) And technically they don't even have to do that as long as they don't mind losing 30% of thier allocation when Scion does thier review. That's really the only way for Scion to enforce the supposed no haggle price.