Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

what do you hate most about your tC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 04:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. that annoying beeping when i don't put my seatbelt on right away.
2. rear end design
3. cheap plastic interior
Old 10-23-2006, 05:17 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by phxTC
2. rear end design
you could get rid of the seat belt reminder beeping... similar to reseting maintenance light
what annoys me is how easy it is to press the horn on the 05's ... accidentally pressed it so many times while turning... it doesnt help when the whole center piece is the horn
Old 10-23-2006, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by gottea
Originally Posted by phxTC
2. rear end design
you could get rid of the seat belt reminder beeping... similar to reseting maintenance light
what annoys me is how easy it is to press the horn on the 05's ... accidentally pressed it so many times while turning... it doesnt help when the whole center piece is the horn
thats happened to me a couple of times, lol
Old 10-23-2006, 03:47 PM
ehj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm also glad I got the RS2.0 No regrets at all. It's $30 more per month than a plain tC.

At first I really hated the throttle delay, drive by wire. There's about a 1/2 second delay from when you step on the pedal. I've gotten used to it so I'm not complaining anymore.

One thing I don't really like is its bad gas mileage. I filled up this morning and I got around 23mpg (city/highway). I really with Toyota put a 6th gear for cruising.

I understand why they put low gears on the x series, with their puny gutless engines, but this is a good sized 4 banger with good power, so they could've got with a more relaxed gearing.

I don't have any rattle problems in my car. I've actually never heard of an RS2 owner complain about rattles. Perhaps we're the lucky ones.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1 - wheel hop, hopefully solved soon with new engine mounts
2 - stock tires suck, this winter is going to be difficult
3 - paint is weak, you get what you pay for
4 - black fabric interior shows is a little tough to clean
5 - i don't like paying my loan? haha

everything else i love
Old 10-23-2006, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. Don't like how the pwr window operates at times. When I prefer to open the
window just halfway, the "one touch" feature takes over and fully opens. I know
that there is a detent feel in the button that controls the "auto" feature but I
really don't care for that feature.
2. The "auto" feature of the sunroof. When I open my sunroof by 2 touches of the
switch, the sunroof opens automatically only 3/4 of the way. Wish it automatically
opened fully rather than opening 3/4 of the way and than pressing the switch again
to fully open.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member

1. I hate the fact that when you are low on gas the light is amber. Now how am i supost to see that when the rest of the car is lit up amber.
2. The seat belt alarm. I will put my seatbelt on give me a chance.
3. The plastic on the doors and how it straches.
4. How heavy the doors are.

Besides that I love my TC and wouldn't trade it for the world.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Needs 6th gear, so it can cruise at highway speeds without using so much gas
Old 10-24-2006, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 93_Snake
Needs 6th gear, so it can cruise at highway speeds without using so much gas
a sixth gear would wind up with you applying more throttle anyways so gas mileage would probably be the same if not worse. Our car is a bit of a turd in fifth as it is I can only imaging what a sixth gear would take. Now if they redesigned the whole tranny that would be different. I'm not sure which route you meant
Old 10-24-2006, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahahaha and i thought i was the only one who hit the horn by accident on a weekly basis

The first day I had the car I scared the ish outta myself like three times
Old 10-24-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The interior scratches much too easy.

weird some people are complaining about the seat belt ringer, doesn't that only go off when you put the car in gear (whether it be D or 1st)? I personally haven't heard it. Frankly cars shouldn't even be allowed to go into gear until you have your seatbelt on (give it another decade before this wish becomes reality). No excuses, no nothing. Seatbelt must be on when you drive. Just like you're supposed to signal when you switch lanes (a whole other issue) Didn't driver's ed teach you anything? That seat belt must be on before you even turn on the car. Wow what a solution.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont have any complaints yet besdies the "pull" to the right even after i took it in to the dealership and they checked the alignment. it's a pretty bad pull too.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc2nut4
hahahaha and i thought i was the only one who hit the horn by accident on a weekly basis

The first day I had the car I scared the ish outta myself like three times
lol I've hit the horn on accident a few times while turning the wheel backing up into my spot... people look around and all I can do is
Old 10-24-2006, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

not sure if this has been said yet, but I hate how there is no memory position on the passenger's seat.

that's my biggest concern over the tc, the car is awesome
Old 10-24-2006, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toeveryhour
1.) Rattles
2.) Cheap interior - Doors mark WAY too easily. It's so ghetto
3.) Paint SUCKS
4.) Tires that come on the car are way too cheap.
5.) Bad gas mileage
6.) I hate how the hatch doesn't open all the time. The car will be unlocked, but that hatch won't open. It's as if it hates me or something.
7.) Bad interior lighting with Park, Drive, Highbeams, Turn Sigs, etc. Way too bright.
8.) Lags REALLY bad with A/C on. I have to keep turning the damn thing off to make it up hills. Get's annoying fast.
9.) How nobody resepcts it, they'll just fling their door into your car. Careless people.
10.) Emergency brake is terrible. I'll park the car, then put on my E brake and release the brake and the car will rock forwards. So if you park way to close to something, your car will definitely hit it when you shut it down completely.

I'm very unhappy with my purchase, I should of gotten my second car choice. Paying 22K dollars for all this crap isn't worth it to me. I can't even drown out my rattles with my stereo anymore. They seem to get louder every day. Dealerships can't find the problem, and I've done every DIY in here. Nothing works. Scion should have definitely improved everything year to year.

Yeah, I'm kinda mad at my car right now. lol.
every car lags with the ac on. and it seems like you have a lemon tc lol.

and i think you people are too damn picky lol. its a 15k car, what do you expect? a lexus?

i havent experienced any problems that people commonly complain about on here. except the damn abs prob. thats my only complaint.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Throttle by wire. the delay is soooooo long
Old 10-25-2006, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by bluaeon
Hey guys... just try to keep it clean and simple. Just list what you dont like about your tC. for me... i just hate it cuz i dont have it yet. LOL! im in the process of getting one. So what do you guys hate about your tC?
-There's a rattle in the trunk...but I assume that can be fixed.
-The paint is a bit cheap...but not complaining...pearl paint on a $17k car is new to me
-Amber lighting isn't as appealing, but it's the easiest on your eyes. I'm gonna swap it out for blue and red
-Glove box light woulda been nice
-A sun shade that came out of the visor horizontally would have been sweet. I live in Texas, the sun here is horrible at certain times...can't see the road because of the glare...

Some pros for ya...
-Very impressive stock sound. So good in fact that adding an aftermarket hu and a sub is pretty much all most would need
-Stock rims are nice
-3000 lbs imo is a plus...especially since it doesn't drive like it weighs so much! Makes the care much safer by weighing so much
-The back is very roomy...much more than I ever expected. I think the front actually has more leg room than my accord
-The radio door is pretty cool. Nice to keep people guessing what you have...could deter people from trying to break in
-Panaromic moonroof...never seen this before in anything other than a Maybach
-The engine sounds pretty decent for stock
-Muffler tip is nice
-Car is pretty easy to work on...much easier than some other cars I've messed with a bit(Accord and Maxima)

Originally Posted by Tcguy85
Originally Posted by sddykstr
No, you can unlock the hatch with the unlock button in the 07, I have one and it works fine.
thats why i explained it in such detail, if you only hit the button once to unlock the drivers door then you get in and start it, you have to take the key back out to unlock the hatch.
it's just kinda weird that there is no way to unlock the hatch from the inside of the car. it just makes no sense that the only way to unlock the hatch is to take the key back out of the ignition and hit the button again. there needs to be an unlock button or something inside the car.
If the key is in you can hit the unlock button near your power window buttons twice and it'll unlock the trunk...

Originally Posted by Zebman
- Super heavy for a "sport compact." 3000lbs including the driver. The all-glass roof doesn't help either.

- High RPMs on highway. The average limit here is 70, but the average speed is usually 80-85. 3.5-4k RPMs for 30 minutes at a time every Monday doesn't make me sleep any easier. Or help my teenage wallet.
-It's a high reving engine...the rpms are normal. Ideal gas milage for most any car is 55-60.

Originally Posted by Will_Dogg
The throttle lag is terrible and completely inexcusible, for any new car.
The throttle lag is easy to fix. ClubScion has a very simple guide...costs a few bucks to fix it.

Originally Posted by theblue
not sure if this has been said yet, but I hate how there is no memory position on the passenger's seat.

How would you have memory position when there aren't power seats?
Old 10-25-2006, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

It's not memory position per say, but when you release the front seats to slide them forward for passengers in the rear, the driver's seat goes back to the same position it was in prior, but the passenger's side only slides to the first locking position.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

No they both do rememeber...kinda. I haven't quite figured it out though. I think if you release using the top lever and move it back quickly it'll go back to where it was. If you use the bottom release lever it won't remember at all.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by WeaponX6X
Originally Posted by theblue

Maybe memory position isnt the right word, but I don't know a better way of saying it. The "memory seating" that i'm talking about is that when I let passengers into the backseat from my passenger's side, when I slide that passenger seat back, it needs to be adjusted every time because the seat is too vertical. The drivers side just slides back straight into the last place it was set. Do you not carry passengers...?

Quick Reply: what do you hate most about your tC?