what do you hate most about your tC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by WeaponX6X
No they both do rememeber...kinda. I haven't quite figured it out though. I think if you release using the top lever and move it back quickly it'll go back to where it was. If you use the bottom release lever it won't remember at all.
Only the driver's seat has the memory position, unless they changed it for the 07 tCs.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I have an '06 and I'm pretty sure I've been able to release both seats and return the seat back to its last position if I move the seat back quickly enough.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

See for me.. the tC fills in what my WRX does not have and what I wished it had.. Shrug... but if I must state the things I wish the tC had...

heated rear view mirrors

rear windshield wiper,

completed 3rd taillight leds

foldable rearview mirrors

lighted visor mirrors (im actually not sure on this one, they might already be lit)

oem projector headlights

..im sure I could think of more soon.

Jay
Old 10-25-2006, 10:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

ooh god no a rear windshield wiper is not needed. Just get some RainX.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:53 PM
ehj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by iwantajdmgrl
Originally Posted by toeveryhour
1.) Rattles
2.) Cheap interior - Doors mark WAY too easily. It's so ghetto
3.) Paint SUCKS
4.) Tires that come on the car are way too cheap.
5.) Bad gas mileage
6.) I hate how the hatch doesn't open all the time. The car will be unlocked, but that hatch won't open. It's as if it hates me or something.
7.) Bad interior lighting with Park, Drive, Highbeams, Turn Sigs, etc. Way too bright.
8.) Lags REALLY bad with A/C on. I have to keep turning the damn thing off to make it up hills. Get's annoying fast.
9.) How nobody resepcts it, they'll just fling their door into your car. Careless people.
10.) Emergency brake is terrible. I'll park the car, then put on my E brake and release the brake and the car will rock forwards. So if you park way to close to something, your car will definitely hit it when you shut it down completely.

I'm very unhappy with my purchase, I should of gotten my second car choice. Paying 22K dollars for all this crap isn't worth it to me. I can't even drown out my rattles with my stereo anymore. They seem to get louder every day. Dealerships can't find the problem, and I've done every DIY in here. Nothing works. Scion should have definitely improved everything year to year.

Yeah, I'm kinda mad at my car right now. lol.
every car lags with the ac on. and it seems like you have a lemon tc lol.

and i think you people are too damn picky lol. its a 15k car, what do you expect? a lexus?

i havent experienced any problems that people commonly complain about on here. except the damn abs prob. thats my only complaint.
6.) I hate how the hatch doesn't open all the time. The car will be unlocked, but that hatch won't open. It's as if it hates me or something.
You have to press the unlock TWICE from the remote to unlock the hatch. You also have to press the unlock from inside to unlock the hatch. Doesn't require a rocket science degree to do those.

8.) Lags REALLY bad with A/C on. I have to keep turning the damn thing off to make it up hills.
Every engine that has an A/C will be zapped several horses. Any idiot would know that they'd have to turn off their A/C, and use lower gears, when going up a hill for a longer period of time or their car will overheat. I think the tC is one of the most powerful 4 banger in its price range out there. I'm very impressed with its power, going up hills is not a problem. Maybe you're hauling 4 fat ___ porkers in your car.

I'll park the car, then put on my E brake and release the brake and the car will rock forwards.
All automatics do that. They'll move a couple of inches, forward or backwards depending on your orientation on the incline. You'll want to pull on the e-brake once the car stops moving.

and i think you people are too damn picky lol. its a 15k car, what do you expect? a lexus?
You got that right. Some people are just born complainers. Toyota had to cut corners on some things to make this car possible for its price. Sure they could give it a great interior with great materials, but they'd have to cut corners somewhere else to keep the price down. Would anyone here buy the tC if it had a kick butt interior but with a 1.8L Corolla engine and an AM/FM/CD (no mp3), no sunroof, no abs?

I'm thinking no.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can you send me the link to that please?

Originally Posted by Will_Dogg
The throttle lag is terrible and completely inexcusible, for any new car.
The throttle lag is easy to fix. ClubScion has a very simple guide...costs a few bucks to fix it.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i hate the quality of the paint..it scratches so easily...the amber lightin especially on the side view mirrors
Old 10-29-2006, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't know if anyone said it yet, but I absolutely hate that I have to move my body/head all over the place to make a safe left turn cause of the huge A-pillars.

And I also hate the...ummm...well, I guess there's nothing else I hate about it! Oh yeah, actually, the spare tire donut is one of the most retarded looking things in the world.

That's about it!
Old 10-29-2006, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I do agree with you there Buster - Toyota should've included a full-size spare. I hate donuts (unless they're filled with jelly )
Old 10-29-2006, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by trendixinc
Originally Posted by Will_Dogg
The throttle lag is terrible and completely inexcusible, for any new car.
The throttle lag is easy to fix. ClubScion has a very simple guide...costs a few bucks to fix it.
Could you please link the article? I've looked around and for some reason can't seem to find the mentioned article
Old 10-30-2006, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member

I hate my car. it's bad luck, i have to drive around on that stupid spare and i feel like everyone is looking at me and laughing. Im going to get rid of my 05 and get a new one in a few years... :-/
Old 10-30-2006, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by phxTC
1. that annoying beeping when i don't put my seatbelt on right away.
just turn it off. i did. but then again i wear my seatbelt so i dont know why i did it lol.

oh yea i forgot the HUGE a pillars are dangerous.

thats all. i love my tc.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by ehj
Originally Posted by iwantajdmgrl
1.) Rattles
2.) Cheap interior - Doors mark WAY too easily. It's so ghetto
3.) Paint SUCKS
4.) Tires that come on the car are way too cheap.
5.) Bad gas mileage
7.) Bad interior lighting with Park, Drive, Highbeams, Turn Sigs, etc. Way too bright.
8.) Lags REALLY bad with A/C on. I have to keep turning the damn thing off to make it up hills. Get's annoying fast.
9.) How nobody resepcts it, they'll just fling their door into your car. Careless people.
10.) Emergency brake is terrible. I'll park the car, then put on my E brake and release the brake and the car will rock forwards. So if you park way to close to something, your car will definitely hit it when you shut it down completely.

I'm very unhappy with my purchase, I should of gotten my second car choice. Paying 22K dollars for all this crap isn't worth it to me. I can't even drown out my rattles with my stereo anymore. They seem to get louder every day. Dealerships can't find the problem, and I've done every DIY in here. Nothing works. Scion should have definitely improved everything year to year.

Yeah, I'm kinda mad at my car right now. lol.
every car lags with the ac on. and it seems like you have a lemon tc lol.

i havent experienced any problems that people commonly complain about on here. except the damn abs prob. thats my only complaint.
You have to press the unlock TWICE from the remote to unlock the hatch. You also have to press the unlock from inside to unlock the hatch. Doesn't require a rocket science degree to do those.

8.) Lags REALLY bad with A/C on. I have to keep turning the damn thing off to make it up hills.
Every engine that has an A/C will be zapped several horses. Any idiot would know that they'd have to turn off their A/C, and use lower gears, when going up a hill for a longer period of time or their car will overheat. I think the tC is one of the most powerful 4 banger in its price range out there. I'm very impressed with its power, going up hills is not a problem. Maybe you're hauling 4 fat butt porkers in your car.

I'll park the car, then put on my E brake and release the brake and the car will rock forwards.
All automatics do that. They'll move a couple of inches, forward or backwards depending on your orientation on the incline. You'll want to pull on the e-brake once the car stops moving.

You got that right. Some people are just born complainers. Toyota had to cut corners on some things to make this car possible for its price. Sure they could give it a great interior with great materials, but they'd have to cut corners somewhere else to keep the price down. Would anyone here buy the tC if it had a kick butt interior but with a 1.8L Corolla engine and an AM/FM/CD (no mp3), no sunroof, no abs?

I'm thinking no.
-First of all with the hatch opening/unlocking... I press unlock TWICE and sometimes I unlock it from the inside. This isn't a regular problem, only sometimes. Quit assuming I'm so stupid, because I'm not. <--(your "it doesn't require a rocket science degree" quote.)

-Second of all, live where I live and drive in my neighborhood. Steep hills. If the road isn't salted in the winter - I'm stuck inside until it is, EVEN with 4wd. I'm sorry I don't live on a plateau like you do. That's why my A/C has to be off when I go up hills, etc, because it lags if it's on… More so than with other vehicles IMO.

-The E-brake... I have driven many automatics, none of which have drifted like the tC. Period. I suggest you should drive some other makes/models and you'll see what I mean, since you're so narrow-minded.

-Lastly, quit knocking my opinions of the tC. This thread does ask for opinions, you know.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:32 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here comes an ongoing battle.............I can just feel this one..............Mods: keep an eye on this thread.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'm good. I'm a lover, not a fighter.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:52 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha, I wasn't talking about you..........

But it's all good. There could have been a bit more put into this car for more of a quality feature rather than a "bling" feature. IPOD radio........hmm, who cares if it's only going to put out 160w anyways. 9/10 people get aftermarket radios almost instantly after they get a new car. That could be around 300-500$ saved and possibly put into a clear coat or something.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:57 PM
ehj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

-First of all with the hatch opening/unlocking... I press unlock TWICE and sometimes I unlock it from the inside. This isn't a regular problem, only sometimes. Quit assuming I'm so stupid, because I'm not. <--(your "it doesn't require a rocket science degree" quote.)

-Second of all, live where I live and drive in my neighborhood. Steep hills. If the road isn't salted in the winter - I'm stuck inside until it is, EVEN with 4wd. I'm sorry I don't live on a plateau like you do. That's why my A/C has to be off when I go up hills, etc, because it lags if it's on… More so than with other vehicles IMO.

-The E-brake... I have driven many automatics, none of which have drifted like the tC. Period. I suggest you should drive some other makes/models and you'll see what I mean, since you're so narrow-minded.

-Lastly, quit knocking my opinions of the tC. This thread does ask for opinions, you know.
Whoah, chill b1tch.

First of all, I just responded WITHOUT any intentions of stirring things up. Now if you're on your rag, I understand.

As for the lock unlock, you DO need to press unlock TWICE on the keyless remote to unlock the passenger and the rear hatch. That's on ANY tC equiped with the stock remote, so I don't have a clue on what you're b1tching about.

As for your hill problem, I also drive by many hills, some very steep and thanks to the tC's LOW GEARS, I have never had any problems with it. Maybe you're a fat woman and weigh alot, you shouldn't blame that on your car. As for the icy road incident, your problem is with TRACTION, not power. I had a 60hp Subaru 4WD before and I had no problems going up a hill on 4WD. You obviously are doing something wrong.

I suggest you get educated about cars and physics. It's a fact that ALL automatics budge a little bit after you put it in park and release the brake.

I understand many women are ignorant about cars. But you're the stupidest idiot I've heard from who thinks that this is the car's problem.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:02 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 10-30-2006, 06:02 PM
ehj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by web
IPOD radio........hmm, who cares if it's only going to put out 160w anyways. 9/10 people get aftermarket radios almost instantly after they get a new car. That could be around 300-500$ saved and possibly put into a clear coat or something.
I'm actually glad about the iPod option. I've checked out many new cars that have an iPod connection thing and I found the tC's to be the most effective. The ones on the 3 series BMWs weren't as nice as the one I have.

As for the sub, I'm quite happy with the 6.5 35watt. I know it won't be heard 3 blocks away, but it's adequate for "normal" (not ear splitting) listening. I thought about adding a box with a 10in woofer but that would eat up half my trunk space. I really think that the RS2's sub placement is pretty smart.

Also, I thought about getting iPod connectivity with my previous Corolla, but those cables are expensive as hell. $150... hell no.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:08 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would just take at least 1 clear coat over that IPOD capability. I have the stock stereo and it's nice enough to just listen to music. Like you, I really don't want my neighbors 3 blocks away to hear/feel my music. And, maybe instead of that 2nd moon roof, they could have taken that out (leaving the first one) but having it slide into the ceiling instead like Jettas have. Just seems like a better design option and cheaper so that you can just lay the tracks in the cutout of the body rather than having another huge piece of glass and more problems with structural integrity. I just thought they tried to add so many little things to the car that they skipped over some of the basics that you should have.

Quick Reply: what do you hate most about your tC?