Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

What makes the tC a man's car and a Celica a chick's car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ Exactly.. everything else is just ridiculous speculation by those apparently questioning themselves My tC is driven by me primarilly.. so it is a MANS car. My 4Runner is driven primarilly by my fiance.. so I guess it is a WOMANS car most of the time. I could drive a pink, polka dotted VW bug, and you know what.. I still wouldnt (and neither would those that know me) question whether I am as "manly" while driving it. It may be the source of some good laughs.. but it would in no way define me, or the car.

I guess some are either still getting over grade school and/or question thier sexuality a bit too much... Its a car people. .stop reading too much into it and relax!
Old 11-05-2006, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ehj
I'm really curious guys. I don't mean to offend any Celica guy drivers here, but I'm just pointing out a fact. I know at times the truth hurts, but I want to know.

Again, most Celica drivers I've seen have been women. Most tC drivers I've seen have been men. What do you think about the tC that drew in more men.

For me, I'd say probably the "looks". The Celica is a nice looking car, but IMO, it has a "feminine" look. Where as the tC has a more "macho" look.

I also probably think it might be the engine. Most women I know like smaller displacement and low torque cars. I know the tC isn't a torque monster like the Mustang (I see very few Mustang GT female drivers), but for some reason I think most women are afraid of power.

I think the tC is a "nice" looking car and the Celica is a "cute" looking car, and women also go for the "cute" look.

I thought about this thread because on my way home, I saw a chick with a Celica with Hello Kitty stickers on her window.
So we can asume you're having trouble about your sexual orientation?

It's as simple as this:

If a guy owns it then it's a man's car
If a girl owns it then it's a girl's car
Old 11-05-2006, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

1. I see more girls driving a tC than guys
2. I got mine for the power then the looks
3. In fact I'm gonna go for a supercharger and I'm changing the look of my tC to make it -as you would say- MORE MACHOOOOOOO
4. Look and I don't have a di*k :surprise:
oh and
5. My ex who is a brazilian born in the real ghetto drives a celica

SO once again, also here, you are wrong.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by trdtcpr
Naw I'd say the confusion is way above that spot
Old 11-05-2006, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4italy
3. In fact I'm gonna go for a supercharger and I'm changing the look of my tC to make it -as you would say- MORE MACHOOOOOOO

Originally Posted by trdtcpr
Naw I'd say the confusion is way above that spot
Old 11-05-2006, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. I see more girls driving a tC than guys
2. I got mine for the power then the looks
oh and
5. My ex who is a brazilian born in the real ghetto drives a celica

SO once again, also here, you are wrong.
You know, Claudia, I used to think half the board had your quotes and made reference to you because you're one of the few women on the board.

But I think it's mostly because you're hillarious.

The Celica is a nice car. It handles great, and has plenty of power for a daily driver. It looks like a grounded fighter plane. What's more, it's a Toyota, so if it takes a loss in power to make it as reliable as it is, so what.

The tC is a daily driver with a lot of bang for the buck. It looks great, and I love driving it. With the full TRD suspension package, it handles close to how the Celica does.

Both cars should and do appeal to a wide variety of customers.

Speaking of quotes, there's one I've seen a few times on here. Your car can be: Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick two.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
Nothing.. "chick car", "mans car",, etc is foolish grade school crap
I agree. I came into this thread specifically to state how ridiculous this whole "is this a chick car, a man's car, etc etc"

who the hell cares?

if someone thinks something is a "chick car," then so be it. If not, then so be it. What difference does it make? I enjoy what I drive and consider it to be my, a guy's, car. If a girl drives it, then naturally it will become a "chick car."

I suggest you tell these people you hang out with to go screw themselves and shut up.

I'm secure enough to proudly drive what I like (heck, I'd even rock a Mini if I liked it better than the tC and wouldn't think twice about how 'manly' it is) without being doubtful of my own sexuality. mkay, thanks, bye.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

what makes a car a girl's car? what makes a car a guy's car?

the owner.

we're done here, thanks.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

it just matters where you live. if you live in an area where there are more girl tc or celica drivers, then that's your stereotype. where i live, there is an equal amount. i see a min. of 25 tC's daily, both women and men drivers. same with celicas. My little bro drives a celica and i drive a tC. and so what, i drive an AP. i like the color, get over it. this debate will be endless. my guy friend also drives an AP stick...he likes the color and his girl drives an rsx stick...does that make the rsx a girl car? i think not.

and paul34, i'd drive a mini too if i had extra cash. that thing weighs nothing. haven't you guys seen italian job?
Old 11-06-2006, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I lucked out before the mods lock...but I was a celica owner...and the Celica ST im not sure if they have that in the last model but it stood for Secretarial Transport in the brouchure ...so u can debate that..but Womens car, Guys car...there still awsome cars and if a girl likes ur car then more points for u.....LIFE YOUR LIFE
Old 11-06-2006, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think it matters where you live because here in BCS which is kids from all over TX, I see mostly girls driving tCs. I will say that the nicer ones or rather the ones with some mods are guy's cars. So ... let's just say that the tC is a unisex car!!! HahahaHAHAHAHA.