Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

What TC Mods do you consider "Ricey"?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

basically everything is ricey... dammit cars are cars... some are made to be customizable... and some may not. But if you want your car to look "kool" or whatever kool is to u then go ahead. if people call ur car "ricey" it means theyr just jealous
Old 05-14-2005, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Do these rules apply to Scion accessories? What about a bB graphic, and bBist.com stickers and SL stickers are those okay?
Old 05-14-2005, 07:56 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tasteful and reserved application of graphics or 'affiliation' stickers ( such as SL stickers) is probably OK.

Enough parts stickers to look like an NHRA stocker are not...

:D

I'm actually surprised that no one has come out with big white vinyl that says RICER...

====

An original ricer!!!

One of my posts from another forum a few years ago...

http://tijil.org/rice.html <=== READ :D
Old 05-14-2005, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The worst is when people put stickers of the most irrelevant things possible. It's like "Powered by Pennzoil" or "Bridgestone". No one cares about what oil you use, or what brand tires you have. No need to declare it.

I am just waiting until the day people start putting stickers of features they have. Like:

"Power windows" across their windshield
or
"Auto-dimming mirror" in flames across the door panels
Old 05-14-2005, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
How much did that thing weight?
Old 05-14-2005, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

stickers aren't necessarily rice.. it all depends on the sticker. life if you're into music and sticker your car up with your favorite bands.. that's not really rice.. it's not really tasteful either but that's just showing your appreciation for music. or your favorite sports, etc.

stickers can be good. 1 or 2 well placed stickers can add that little piece of individualism to your car.. too many stickers however are bad.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Most of you guys define non performance parts rice. So what's wrong with people trying to make their car look nice and have zero performance gain? If everyone here is buying their tc for performance then they are wrong, u should of got a srt-4 or a gti... There's nothing wrong with people trying to make their car look good cosmetically, some people are not into performance gain... with out rice, everyone would be driving stock or factory...
Old 05-14-2005, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the only ricey thing you can put on your car is a scion life sticker (only because 70% of the members here are ricers at heart)
Old 05-14-2005, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dieselstation
stickers aren't necessarily rice.. it all depends on the sticker. life if you're into music and sticker your car up with your favorite bands.. that's not really rice.. it's not really tasteful either but that's just showing your appreciation for music. or your favorite sports, etc.

stickers can be good. 1 or 2 well placed stickers can add that little piece of individualism to your car.. too many stickers however are bad.
Correct My car has Black Scion Life and Kaeon decals on it don't think thats rice. On my old car I had a white decal of Stitch from Lilo N Stitch pointing and saying "Here Comes Trouble" Awesome decal don't think thats rice either. I do agree with the Powered by______ and the decals of the big symbol's like the big H on the back of honda's.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A lot of the "ricey" cars around here are driven by beaners... But there IS a difference... I think we should start making distinctions between "ricey" and ...er... "beany"? ><

I joke, but really... why is it the term is called "rice"... "rice"=cheese... but there are many flavors of cheese ...
Old 05-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Banned
SL Member

You haters should mind your own business. If someone calls my car rice to my face, I'll knock their teeth out... Period, end of story. Watch what you say and who you say it too. Many people spend thousands and thousands of dollars to make their car unique to their own personality, it isn't your car, you don't drive it and you shouldn't be seen in it or near it. Leave it alone, grow up and worry about yourself.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

John, that little Z600 coupe weighed about as much as a Harley... 1300 pounds. :D

Here's an "Old School" article on the little beast:

http://www.urbanracer.com/articles/a...asp?a=837&z=22

Mine was one of the olive colored ones - on fact it looked like a stuffed green olive - and had a tow-bar on the front so I could drag it home behind my Land Cruiser when my wife and I would both end up at the same place in different cars after work.

At the time, those ten-inchers were the tiniest Michelins I'd ever seen...
Old 05-14-2005, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member

IMO, anything that makes the car look like it has a performance mod but doesn't, is rice, ie fake intercooler, stickers of things you don't have, etc. Everything else is just personal preference. I don't mind kits, wings, paint, or anything like that if they look good and are done properly.

I wonder how many adamant "rice" haters out there have things like painted calipers, aftermarket shift *****/pedals, rims, changed dash lights, etc that they somehow exclude as being "rice" as well.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dyltone
You haters should mind your own business. If someone calls my car rice to my face, I'll knock their teeth out... Period, end of story. Watch what you say and who you say it too.
Is this your pic?
Old 05-14-2005, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have a Scion Life sticker and it's definitely not ricey.

It doesn't add performance or anything, but it serves a better purpose. It lets other SL members identify me.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

stickers are made for a reason... but not for ricy reason. Such as sponsorship stickers? you guys are gonna call that rice? call it whatever you want, if that sticker can get me free stuff then beam me up scotty! anyways, theres nothing wrong with ricey cars, people have different tastes. I say if you get some attention even tho your car is ricey, then COOL! you dont know, you might get popular lolz

anyways it's your money RICE it UP or "SOUP" it up... its your choice
Old 05-15-2005, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You haters should mind your own business. If someone calls my car rice to my face, I'll knock their teeth out... Period, end of story. Watch what you say and who you say it too. Many people spend thousands and thousands of dollars to make their car unique to their own personality, it isn't your car, you don't drive it and you shouldn't be seen in it or near it. Leave it alone, grow up and worry about yourself.
So instead you're an e-thug?
Old 05-15-2005, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by jaydub
he's definitely not an e-thug.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nizzle
Talking about knocking someone's teeth out online = E-THUG. I don't care what people say about my car, even to my face. They don't make my car payment, and I have a bit more self-confidence than to get all bent out of shape if people don't like what I've got. Knocking someone's teeth out for making a comment about someone's car is definitely not "grown up," as the last sentence says.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by nizzle
Talking about knocking someone's teeth out online = E-THUG. I don't care what people say about my car, even to my face. They don't make my car payment, and I have a bit more self-confidence than to get all bent out of shape if people don't like what I've got. Knocking someone's teeth out for making a comment about someone's car is definitely not "grown up," as the last sentence says.
my apologies. i didn't realize there were still people in this world who don't resort to violence when people get in their face. what Dyltone said is something i normally see and automatically thought that everybody would do the same.
also - my own definition of an e-thug is someone who makes threats online. what i see him doing is giving a casual warning as to watch what you say to whoever you say it to... you never know who you'll run into.

Quick Reply: What TC Mods do you consider "Ricey"?