Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

What TC Mods do you consider "Ricey"?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so, then..I suppose, that would mean anything that we put on our cars....makes them, ricey?
Old 05-23-2005, 05:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Look, there is so many definition for being "Ricey". First of all, if somebody doesn't like your car or what you do to it then forget them for being a hater. Secondly, if you put wayyyy too much stickers, I think that is "Ricey" (some well place stickers is ok). Please don't over do it by putting 'Power by -----' or anything like that. I know it's a freaking Honda or Toyota. Third of all, Scion put an axle back muffler on my box, it is a "Ricer"? Plus shopping cart spoiler is way too much for me. Neon light is ok, if you don't over do it. If I had $50,000 and want to spend it on my Box, then it is MY decision, not yours! I don't need people to tell me how to spend my money. If I wanted to waste my money I would want to spend it on a '56 Porsche Spider or any newer Porsche 911

PS. What wrong with putting in a little BOOM in my trunk?
Old 05-23-2005, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by baby21forever
Look, there is so many definition for being "Ricey". First of all, if somebody doesn't like your car or what you do to it then forget them for being a hater. Secondly, if you put wayyyy too much stickers, I think that is "Ricey" (some well place stickers is ok). Please don't over do it by putting 'Power by -----' or anything like that. I know it's a freaking Honda or Toyota. Third of all, Scion put an axle back muffler on my box, it is a "Ricer"? Plus shopping cart spoiler is way too much for me. Neon light is ok, if you don't over do it. If I had $50,000 and want to spend it on my Box, then it is MY decision, not yours! I don't need people to tell me how to spend my money. If I wanted to waste my money I would want to spend it on a '56 Porsche Spider or any newer Porsche 911

PS. What wrong with putting in a little BOOM in my trunk?
Nothing is absolute. Everything we say is relative except for provable things such as science and math. Our definitions of class, beauty, and style are also relative. Who defines beauty? No one. However, since we live in a society, there are generally accepted definitions for everything. When it comes to cars, there is a generally accepted notion of what is considered in poor style, or "rice". This generally accepted definition is precisely what this thread attempts to gather.

If you feel like modifying your car in a matter that a lot would consider rice, do it. It doesn't mean you are right, or that they are wrong. All is relative.

The automotive community, in general, would consider some things as rice. What you do with their opinion is up to you.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: What TC Mods do you consider "Ricey"?

Originally Posted by jrv2000
Originally Posted by spoolinTC
Originally Posted by djjason101
What TC Mods do you consider "Ricey"?
this post came to mind. https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58923
I think I'm the only one who actually agrees with you on that. The Wide body kit has to go, along with those god awful mufflers in the back. Get rid of all those damn stickers everywhere, and ditch the system. I like the wheels, the brakes, and the seats, but thats pretty much it. That car is all show, no go. You would have thought that with the 50,000 that they spent on that car, they would have put their money towards more funtional items.
Another one in agreement here. I am a fan of the clean look, so body kits do not impress me at all. Just my opinion. Plus, they look like hell in a year or so, and i dont like the way most of them flop in the breeze when driven! And that car has to be one of the worst offenders in my book. The peices of the body kit do not even line up straight and look like they were put on in too much of a hurry.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by MesSCIah
Originally Posted by engifineer
Originally Posted by nizzle
Originally Posted by dmikon
Yeah, some people make no sense. Why spend $50k on a $20k car...

You could get a Corvette, Viper, M3, S4, Elise, SLK, or even a lightly used Carrera, or a Maserati. I don't know though, it might be more fun driving a 4 cylinder with $3k rims and giant subs.

Oh well, their money.
probably because its a hobby

Sorry man, but hobby+waste of money = dumb

Sure, it is their money, but its still a waste.
Well in that definition ALL hobbies are dumb. I personally worked to get where I am so I can waste money here and there. Hell, everything you do for fun could be considered a waste of money. Drinking, cars that are not absolutely minimal and functional, going to the movies, etc...
Thanks for your input and clarification. Helped out tons....well, not at all....its just your way of being a smarta$$. IN MY OPINION, if you put 50,000 on a 20k car, it's a waste. No, not my money......and i'm very proud that you're in that financial freedom stage of life.... but it'll probably look dumb and you'll be out 50k. You won't look like you're TRYING TOO HARD if you spent it one one of the above vehicles.

I don't really understand what the point of your post is. Was it just your chance to enlighten us with your wisdom or maybe to start something else?
How could you not understand it? I didnt use huge words or hard to read sentences. And you mention looks. If i was putting 50k into a 20k car (which I am not) it would be performance, in which case it would be on par with all race vehicles: way more money put into them than the car is worth. And you always look at it as if everyone buys cars to impress others. That is for the weak minded. What ever happened to doing something because you like doing it? I am not TRYING to do anything. If I want to put 50k worth of performance to make a totally impractical race car... then that is MY choice. I dont do anything to my car to impress others. As a matter of fact I dont do ANYTHING to impress others. I do it because I want to.

And how could say I was being a smart ___?? Are you reading the right post at all? I am not sure where you are having the comprehension issue, but I can't see how you could miss the point on what I said. It is clearly stated. Your reasoning pretty much says all hobbies are wastes. Hell if you just went out and bought a $50,000 sports car... that would be just as much of a waste unless you actually drove the hell out of it, so what is the difference?

It seems you are quick to get defensive and rude after reviewing this post and many others I have seen, so I guess maybe that is the issue. My post directly answered one of yours, not sure what to tell you other than that. Sorry if you didnt "get" it.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey is putting a thundercats sticker considered rice? i know it doesnt add as much hp as a transformer sticker but i really like it.

input?
Old 05-23-2005, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaewon223
hey is putting a thundercats sticker considered rice? i know it doesnt add as much hp as a transformer sticker but i really like it.

input?
I think two thudercats equals one transformer in HP addition.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think the term rice should only apply to anything that is too excessive. that https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58923 tc IMO looks pretty good even with all those stickers attached. if you can pull it off go ahead, but dont let others dictate what to do with ur car. either put up or shut up
Old 05-23-2005, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^^ I have to agree with that post. Hey, I'm not a big fan of the shopping cart spoiler, but I saw a celica with a nice clean body kit and a shopping cart spoiler. When I first saw it, I LOVE IT. It was clean and tasteful, no stickers at all, Just a nice clean car.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How could you not understand it? I didnt use huge words or hard to read sentences. And you mention looks. If i was putting 50k into a 20k car (which I am not) it would be performance, in which case it would be on par with all race vehicles: way more money put into them than the car is worth. And you always look at it as if everyone buys cars to impress others. That is for the weak minded. What ever happened to doing something because you like doing it? I am not TRYING to do anything. If I want to put 50k worth of performance to make a totally impractical race car... then that is MY choice. I dont do anything to my car to impress others. As a matter of fact I dont do ANYTHING to impress others. I do it because I want to.

And how could say I was being a smart ___?? Are you reading the right post at all? I am not sure where you are having the comprehension issue, but I can't see how you could miss the point on what I said. It is clearly stated. Your reasoning pretty much says all hobbies are wastes. Hell if you just went out and bought a $50,000 sports car... that would be just as much of a waste unless you actually drove the hell out of it, so what is the difference?

It seems you are quick to get defensive and rude after reviewing this post and many others I have seen, so I guess maybe that is the issue. My post directly answered one of yours, not sure what to tell you other than that. Sorry if you didnt "get" it.
First of all jerkoff, I SAID THAT IT WAS MY OPINION. Next, I never asked for an answer.....or even a definition. Is there an answer for an opinion? I didn't think so, but given enough time we all should have guessed that you could have come up with something. We all know you have an answer for everything. You can question my intelligence all you'd like .....think it's hurting my feelings? Probably just makes you feel like a big man, so just save your lengthy responses for someone who really cares tough guy.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you sitting in it

J/K!!
Old 05-24-2005, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You his boy toy?
Old 05-24-2005, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You his boy toy?
Man, no matter what I say, you will turn it into an argument. I dont claim to have all the answers, or any other bs you state. And where did "tough guy" come into play? You spew your opinions all the time, and if someone disagrees you get all huffy. Take a pill.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You his boy toy?
Man, no matter what I say, you will turn it into an argument. I dont claim to have all the answers, or any other bs you state. And where did "tough guy" come into play? You spew your opinions all the time, and if someone disagrees you get all huffy. Take a pill.
Of course....... once again you're right. We'll just call you our resident genious.

On a few occasions i've stated my opinion and you reached into your big bag of b.s. and pulled out a lame reason why my opinion is wrong. It an opinion. There is NO ANSWER. If you spend $50k on a $20k car, that's a waste - TO ME. Never told anybody they couldn't do it. Nor did I ask you to give me a speech on lifes other examples.

I get "huffy" when people tell me that my opinion is wrong.... if it was wrong, it wouldn't be an opinion. It would be an answer. And this wouldn't be much of a site if there was a clear-cut answer to every post.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You his boy toy?
Of course....... once again you're right. We'll just call you our resident genious.

On a few occasions i've stated my opinion and you reached into your big bag of b.s. and pulled out a lame reason why my opinion is wrong. It an opinion. There is NO ANSWER. If you spend $50k on a $20k car, that's a waste - TO ME. Never told anybody they couldn't do it. Nor did I ask you to give me a speech on lifes other examples.

I get "huffy" when people tell me that my opinion is wrong.... if it was wrong, it wouldn't be an opinion. It would be an answer. And this wouldn't be much of a site if there was a clear-cut answer to every post.
You really pull some stuff out sometimes... I never claimed to have all the answers or anything like that. The reason I pick on your posts is because you initially state your "opinion" as hard fact and are usually fairly rude about it. The way you present your ideas is the reason, nothing else.

Now enough of this crap. Drink a beer, I know I am going to!
Old 05-24-2005, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Boy, this thread got hijacked....

So how about that rice?

-THE DON
Old 05-28-2005, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

This thread is hilarious. I know someone posted a pic from www.laughatrice.com. Has anyone actually seen the cars they take pics of. I bust up when I look at those cars.
Yeah I am sure sooner or later there will be a tC on that site. It will probably be Mr. Toughguy Smallpenis, AKA Dyltone.
Do you always park on the grass? Who said his car isn't alive? By looking at the pics it seems his car urinated on the asphalt. Must have been intimidated by its owner.
Seriously, if you take what someone says about your car to heart, you definately have self esteem issues. LAME!