Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

What is up with that light in the dash????

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by bubblemyster
i like the light. I also have the auto dimming mirrors so the color of the head unit, compartment and light coming down from the mirrors give my car a nice over color. I like it. Maybe im taller than you cause it doesn't flash into my eye. Or do you drive laying down?
It's not that the light is in my eye or something. Okay, you guys need to understand. I'm sensitive to light. My eyes HATE it. I'm the person driving with sunglesses even though it's overcast and I should have my lights on. So, ANY light bugs me that is "on". And since that light is CONSTANTLY on (at night), it bothers me. I have the dash dimmed to almost dark. Most people who see my dash, can't even see what the things say.

Therefore, yes, light bothers me. I wouldn't put the colored lights on, cuz it'd bother me. Blinding headlights from HID's, bother me. If I could legally drive with sunglasses at night, I would.

I'm not _____ing about the car and everything, I just wnated to know HOW to turn it off, dim it, or cover it, or remove the bulb.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ScionTCTrav
If you really wanna get rid of it..heres what U do..

Take the bezel around the shifter off..and take the radio column off..disconnect the wire harness on the bottom..feel back behind the cubby hole from the back you'll feel a cord going into it..pull on it you'll see 1 single light bulb that looks like this::

But Clear..Pull it out and store it or throw it away..do what U want..

I personally like it..I did my LEDS in my Panels Red and I ordered a Red one to go in there..But anyways thats how U do it!

Voila!!

Maybe I'll do that, and put a colored one in, like a dark blue or something that's not bright, but a bit lit. ugh! lol. thanks!
Old 02-10-2005, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by niguels
Keeping the eyes on the road makes the light unnoticeable.

Oh......is THAT why it's bothering me? Dangit. I knew it had to be somethjing simple.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by k9kreationz
Originally Posted by scion_tC
if the lights bothers you so much dim it, and get a flash light for you glove box, u got the car for 16K, quit crying
Dim what? The light dims? Or do you not know what we're talking about?
Yes, the gauge cluster and associated lights all dim. The toggle is on the left side of the cluster.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Thrawn
if the lights bothers you so much dim it, and get a flash light for you glove box, u got the car for 16K, quit crying
Yes, the gauge cluster and associated lights all dim. The toggle is on the left side of the cluster.

Um, no. As far as I can tell, it doesn't dim the light in that cubby hole. I've turned it completely off, and the cubby hole light is still on, so I am assuming it's not connected. Or, at least mine isn't.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Um, no. As far as I can tell, it doesn't dim the light in that cubby hole. I've turned it completely off, and the cubby hole light is still on, so I am assuming it's not connected. Or, at least mine isn't.
Oh, I see. I guess I'm mistaken then.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

nice but it turns out you actually don't have any idea what they're talking about. Because that dimmer doesn't work with the light they''re mentioning.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by imBen
nice but it turns out you actually don't have any idea what they're talking about. Because that dimmer doesn't work with the light they''re mentioning.
It turns out you cant read to well either, as I clearly stated that I must have been mistaken.