Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

What is up with TC drivers.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have come across several scion owners... xB's xA's and tC's most of them give a nod, a waive.... the middle finger hehe.... nah.. most of them do something just to say hey whats up as we pass.. I see nothing wrong with it... kinda cool... seeing as most ppl that had civics when I had one were rather rude.. not all.. but most...
Old 06-06-2005, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tru tru...well it seems that most of you guys/gals have it good wherever u are. the ONLY person in another tC that waved to me was when she was pulling her FMtC outta a parking spot at Outback and as i pulled up to take her spot (oddly enough), she waved to me and said "nice car" and blew me a kiss...thank God she was hot too. lol...well thats my experience....I'm trying to get my originality out ther with customizing it but all i got right now is the silverstars and short shifter when it gets delivered.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The funny thing is the guy behind that was tailgating me looked older then me and I am 25. Plus I think the real reason the avg scion age is 33 is because of all the older people buying the xB. I always see more 50 - 60 year olds driving xB's then younger people. I don't blame them. I would if I was that age.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

true out here i see more older drivers behind the xB's
Old 06-07-2005, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by speddlysmitt
I always see more 50 - 60 year olds driving xB's then younger people. I don't blame them. I would if I was that age.
why?
Old 06-07-2005, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Cheap car , lots of room, sits up pretty high. Lot better then going with a focus or something of that nature.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

most tc drivers i that see me driving always wanna test me. i don't blame it on the tc it's just the dumb @$$ kid that thinks he's untouchable. i mainly blame it on the salesguys from the dealer over here cuz when i test drove one the guy was all telling me that not many cars on the road can beat me in the tc. haha
Old 06-07-2005, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kwiksilver
Originally Posted by speddlysmitt
I always see more 50 - 60 year olds driving xB's then younger people. I don't blame them. I would if I was that age.
why?
Maintain his youth?> or maybe its "what moves him" lol..idk i personally like all the scions...at the bottom of the list it prolly is the xA but that's not hate against the xA drivers...just not what i like.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well I can't speak for all tC'ers but I usually only chirp when I'm driving in San Fransisco or trying to merge into traffic from a stop. The small hills are a B&^%$ to drive a stick in. As for waving to others, I usually do it.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jasonbegin
Originally Posted by barefootbilly
near work today some dude, 25-ish, waved to me as if I knew him. I don't know you, don't act like you know me.
your from NY to right? lol
So, I'm driving around in the bronx one time, (on broadway) and I see this other black tC in my rearview. he decides that me doing 40 in a 30 is too slow for him, so he revvs up real high and passes me. i see this huge muscular guy with a really low yankee cap on, you know. i want to give him a wave, but he just gives me a dirty look. i think it was probably billy here.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've never had a tC rev on me or race, of course I only see about one a week on the roads around here.

Funny thing is the first car that revved on me was a BMW 3 series driven by a guy in his mid-30's. This was about half an hour after I rolled off the dealership lot and I was in no way going to stress my engine over that loser's early mid-life crisis.

Since then, it's mostly import coupes and sedans that rev on me and drivers of American brands that look long and hard. Yesterday, I went into get some ice cream just as a Jeep parked beside me with a couple in their mid-50's. About five minutes later I walked back to my car and here this couple was walking around the back side of my car checking it out. I looked at them and smiled and their faces looked as if I had just walked in on them having sex. Quite interesting to own this car that looks great and very few have heard of to this point.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Setarcos4131
tru tru...well it seems that most of you guys/gals have it good wherever u are. the ONLY person in another tC that waved to me was when she was pulling her FMtC outta a parking spot at Outback and as i pulled up to take her spot (oddly enough), she waved to me and said "nice car" and blew me a kiss...thank God she was hot too. lol...well thats my experience....I'm trying to get my originality out ther with customizing it but all i got right now is the silverstars and short shifter when it gets delivered.
this is exactly why tc drivers are frowned at...look at this guys post here, which may be true, but also be a bunch of BS. The point is that most of the people that drive tcs are a bunch of horny Teenage boys thinking they have the baddest 16K that can outpower viders, and C6 vettes...or you can just call them ricers, and sadly a lot of them are on this board, but still...us older more mature people have to make up for these guys...i dont want my car to become the next honduhh civic...whos with me...
Old 06-07-2005, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i will race with a tC. did it with a box too just the other day. all in fun. but not above the speed limit. too much.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by emiller
near work today some dude, 25-ish, waved to me as if I knew him. I don't know you, don't act like you know me.
You sound like a loser. Some people just try to be nice.
2nd.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toastbox
hell with that attitude...why even bother posting on this board? I mean, whats the difference between talking to random people you don't know at all, and waving to some guy that has the same kind of car you have?

2nd.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok i'm 17 and don't rip on all young tC owners in general. It's a joke that somebody with your own car would be ignorant enough to stare you down when you simply wave at them. I pulled up next to an FM tC the other day and the guy looked at me, i waved, and he turned away...support the cause - you have a great car, i have a great car - what else is there to it?
Old 06-07-2005, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Six3..........spent some time last year in your town of Baton Rouge, neat place, nice people!
Old 06-07-2005, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NycMiner
So, I'm driving around in the bronx one time, (on broadway) and I see this other black tC in my rearview. he decides that me doing 40 in a 30 is too slow for him, so he revvs up real high and passes me. i see this huge muscular guy with a really low yankee cap on, you know. i want to give him a wave, but he just gives me a dirty look. i think it was probably billy here.
lol, i'm in so cal, maybe a distant cousin.

and I still don't understand the idea behind waving to someone I don't know. I may go sit on my porch and try waving to people as they walk by. Better yet, I think I'll sit in my car, and honk as people go by then wave to them while they go on thinking "do i know him?" So they drive the same car. In so cal, that could mean a wide range of people for the tc, and even moreso with the xb. So many scion's around here the novelty is wearing off. If I take my mom's sable to work, should I wave at the old people I don't know driving the same car? how about when i drive my brother's late 80's mr2, should I wave to all the others I see driving that car too? When I had my civic did I wave to everyone driving one of those? no. You know how many people that would be?! Did anyone else driving a civic wave to me? no, not unless I knew them personally which was a handful of people. It's not a concept I understand, maybe for bikers, but I'm driving a car as well as million other people on so cal's freeways, heck why not wave to them all for no reason!
Old 06-07-2005, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 06-07-2005, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NycMiner
lol, i'm in so cal, maybe a distant cousin.

and I still don't understand the idea behind waving to someone I don't know. I may go sit on my porch and try waving to people as they walk by. Better yet, I think I'll sit in my car, and honk as people go by then wave to them while they go on thinking "do i know him?" So they drive the same car. In so cal, that could mean a wide range of people for the tc, and even moreso with the xb. So many scion's around here the novelty is wearing off. If I take my mom's sable to work, should I wave at the old people I don't know driving the same car? how about when i drive my brother's late 80's mr2, should I wave to all the others I see driving that car too? When I had my civic did I wave to everyone driving one of those? no. You know how many people that would be?! Did anyone else driving a civic wave to me? no, not unless I knew them personally which was a handful of people. It's not a concept I understand, maybe for bikers, but I'm driving a car as well as million other people on so cal's freeways, heck why not wave to them all for no reason!
lol well unlike you some of us have class, and respect for each other.. i dont care what you drive if u wave ill wave back..another classic example of a teenage riceboy thinking he can take srt4s and 350s with his all powerfull TC rofl

Quick Reply: What is up with TC drivers.