2005-2010 [ANT10]

What is up with TC drivers.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 05:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Matt687
This is how the Tc guys say hello, I always give a quick rev to a passing Tc, burnouts and such are a little over the top tho
rofl
Old 06-12-2005, 11:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe they were intimidated by your tC.....
Old 09-09-2007, 06:06 PM

i gotta say that one of my favorite moves if some jerkoff pulls up next to me at a light is to rev up an get his blood boiling an then when the light turns green i let em peel out an go shooting off well i pull out all casual! never done this to a scion though!
Old 09-09-2007, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I can honestly say I've never seen another tc in my hometown......I'm sure they're hiding somewhere....
Old 09-09-2007, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FlyingFish
i gotta say that one of my favorite moves if some jerkoff pulls up next to me at a light is to rev up an get his blood boiling an then when the light turns green i let em peel out an go shooting off well i pull out all casual! never done this to a scion though!
That's especially funny to do if my Passport 8500's picked up a Ka-band ahead of me.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

way to revive a 2 yr old thread... but mentioned way before, a nice wave to fellow scion drivers would be nice, but then i get the awkward "do i know you?" look.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've only bumped into a few tCs around here, they never pay much attention to lil 'ol me. I get all excitced though. Until last week when I had some loser who looked like he ended up with one of those "Special Edition" tCs the dealers sell. All weaving in and out of traffic to catch me.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by divine_suffering
I've only bumped into a few tCs around here, they never pay much attention to lil 'ol me. I get all excitced though.
lol...i get excited too
Old 09-11-2007, 05:48 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Funny, this brand new 08 tc was tailing me up and down this hill from where I live and was seriously weaving in and out of traffic. This person pulled was right beside me at a stoplight and we were behind a few cars. As soon as the light turned green, he let up some room from the car ahead of him and just sped up and took off and was tailing that car like he was trying to get ahead of me. Uhh, why? What's the use of wasting gas and taking off when we're all in traffic anyway, esp in Cali.

I'm just dumped on hotchkis, that's it, nothing special. Have a nice day.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've been driving aggressive lately, but that's just cuz i installed my strut bars and its so much more fun to drive than stock. i like to observe other tCs around me, but none i've seen so far look like tuners.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've been driving aggressive lately, but that's just cuz i installed my strut bars and its so much more fun to drive than stock. i like to observe other tCs around me, but none i've seen so far look like tuners.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:00 PM
SL Member

When i was going home from formula d, when it was at long beach, this tC was driving casually behind me and i guess there was another tC ahead of me, and we were just driving casually down the freeway in the fast lane. It was pretty cool seeing a line of tC's, too bad it only lasted a few mins.

But anyways, where i live there a mostly just little snotty spoiled kids who drive tC's here (and theres a lot). Im seeing its usually mostly girls that have the car because its "cute"... lol
Old 09-11-2007, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you pulled up to me id rev it at your slow tc
Old 09-12-2007, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

surprising, i've seen this problem as well before. But its not all tc drivers tho, just once n awhile u'll see some cocky ones, and yeh that just ____es u off. But hey the cocky ones always get the tickets n the accidents, and pay the insurance. I personally am passive lol. When i see another tc i dont really react, simply because i gave up on trying to wave to forum members n stuff because around where i am, its fairly hard to find a forum member T.T, they're always pretty far away from me, n its sad =(. lol But yeh, im fairly passive don't really pressure anyone, just an occasional high once n awhile to those that i see have slight mods hoping they are members or so, and sometimes i even wave to other tC, xB, xA just for the heck of it, but most of time i'm passive i guess lol.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Harman
Here in San Fran we pretty much ignore each other. I do check out their car everytime I see one. But I don't bother to wave or even smile, unless, of course, a really hot chick is in it, or they smile first. But weird, I have never had anybody who come up to me and rev, or see anybody act stupid so far. I guess it might just be an "age" thing, instead of the car.
ditto* couldn't of said it better
Old 09-12-2007, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there are too many tc's in cali,
the cars are so common no one every acknowledges each other. the most Ive ever done was make eye contact with the other driver as they're passing by, and I usually look to see if there are any other mods.

I think in my area every time we see another tc its more of an embarassment if anything thinking "man, I not another one?!?!", rather than being cool its more of a burnt out trend that far from being individual.

lol I was pulling out of starbucks one day and there was one tc that passed by and another that pulled in at the same time, we all look at each other like WTH, these cars are everywhere. those two cars were stock.

occasionally Ill see a modified one and ill take a closer glance, and the other driver will check out my car too, this is more along the thinking of "cool another tc user that actually isnt stock."
Old 09-12-2007, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, seeing another modified tC is something worth acknowledging, but the stock ones are everywhere. The sad part is, most of the tCs I see are driven by old(er) people.

I was entering the freeway one time, waiting at the meter light, and I noticed 3 other tCs on the same onramp. There was one immediately in front of me, one immedaitely behind me, and another one about 3 cars back. Other people probably thought it was a special tC meet or something, but it was just a random occurrance.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i did bother to read the whole thread but i dont rev, race or anything to other tc drivers...i might give a head up like "what up" just to be friendly to my scion community or myabe to try and talk with them..but that s about it. i think its cool when other people try to talk to me or compliment me about the car
Old 09-14-2007, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the day I got the car, on the drive home, a blue tC wanted to race.................. and the trend continues.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Honestly, I think it's kind of ___ to wave to other Scion drivers...

Maybe that's because I see at least 6 tCs in my 1 hour (round trip) commute each day... not counting any xAs, xBs...

Half the time, they're chicks anyway that probably don't realize I'm driving the same car as them...

I dunno... I guess if I lived in some rural state where I saw a Scion once a month, it might be worth it, but people would think I'm a cop if I flashed my lights every time I saw a Scion in my area...

Quick Reply: What is up with TC drivers.