What is up with TC drivers.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: What is up with TC drivers.

Originally Posted by speddlysmitt
Why is it when another Tc driver pulls up he acts like he has something to prove. I had one jerk today tailgating me and chirping his tires when he was behind me. I am not a slow driver either. Then the other day I was getting gas and this blue tC starts blaring his stock radio and reving his exhaust then peels out. What are they trying to prove. I know how the car drives and behaves since I have one. Ok I feel better now.
I know how you feel man... Most of the time it's STOCK tCs that try and mess with me on the road doing the same things that you mentioned It only started happening after I installed my HIDs, front lip, header and spipe too..
Old 09-14-2007, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya my cars got some sticker horse power (mine are rated at 5 hp a piece though.. and i have tc's and minivans alike trying to race me....but hey i want a scion life sticker? doable?
Old 09-14-2007, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

^ look in the sponsored sales section. theres someone selling sl stickers there.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:25 AM
SL Member

any hot headed teen with a car will be a dick when it comes to driving. it's just unfortunate that the tc's modest price and market at the youth group would make it the prime car choice for these douche drivers. of course, lets not forget the honda clan are far worse simply for have doing it the longest and most possibly having the most. *whistles*
Old 09-14-2007, 07:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MilanoRed
any hot headed teen with a car will be a dick when it comes to driving. it's just unfortunate that the tc's modest price and market at the youth group would make it the prime car choice for these douche drivers. of course, lets not forget the honda clan are far worse simply for have doing it the longest and most possibly having the most. *whistles*
ahaha, i used to be part of the so called honda clan, and i guess still am... i usually still roll around with my friends and their honda/acuras...
Old 09-14-2007, 08:08 AM
SL Member

ahaha, i used to be part of the so called honda clan, and i guess still am... i usually still roll around with my friends and their honda/acuras...
meh, you should see my friends. stupid ____ happens when one of them happen to own a srt4 and the other is a straight up honda boy. Vendetta. at least my friend mike with the tc is cool and all. funny though, his gf races more than he does. she owns a cobalt ss s/c.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:57 PM
SL Member

ehat you all should do when ANY CAR
Old 09-14-2007, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MilanoRed
meh, you should see my friends. stupid poop happens when one of them happen to own a srt4 and the other is a straight up honda boy. Vendetta. at least my friend mike with the tc is cool and all. funny though, his gf races more than he does. she owns a cobalt ss s/c.
i would love a gf like that... with a fast car so she can let me borrow it...
Old 09-14-2007, 07:01 PM
SL Member

what you all have to do when ANY CAR revs up or try to race you is RACE THEM! and prove that the your tC has pleany under the hood! if you have something that is.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:14 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Gerard_gmaiz
what you all have to do when ANY CAR revs up or try to race you is RACE THEM! and prove that the your tC has pleany under the hood! if you have something that is.
apparently you missed the point of this topic.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, when I first got the tC, NOBODY knew what they were and all of us would wave to eachother. It was fun back then. But by the time I sold the car this past May, kids in tCs would rev at me all the time (not even knowing I had a turbo). So I would just smile, rev up till they heard the bov, and watch them take off as I slowly cruised along.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's funny, the topic of waving at people you don't know... there was a commercial on TV here not long ago that showed a family in a car waving at strangers and they looked at them weird... then they were in a store and the same thing happened... then at an amusement park or something.

Then they were in a boat on a lake and they waved and everyone waved back. For those of you that have been out on the lake (or the ocean) you know what I mean... if you wave at people on another boat or on shore they wave back... why is that not a big deal but, say, waving to another tC driver is?
Old 09-15-2007, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I think it's an embarrassment issue. Not of the car or anything, just you are more friendly and open when someone isn't near you. I'm kind of shy, but I know alot of people get weirded out when you acknowledge them and surprise them. Usually I only bother throwing a peace sign to the guys, since 9/10 tC owners here are girls who seem to be too stuck on themselves to realize i'm not being an ___, and that I drive the same thing they do.

I forgot the license plate of who I met driving, but it was a nice guy and his girl in the car, I was with my girlfriend and I pulled up at normal speed to him, rolled the pass. window down and we both gave the head nod and I said "sick car, what is it?" goofy but we both laughed. Definitely need more of that.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

funny thing how i just had come across this post. just the other day pulling out of the school parking lot a guy in a blue tC waved at me, and i just waved back. thought it was cool. basically, if someone waves at me, ill wave back, but not necessarily the other way around. here in socal, its hard not to see a tc, let alone scions in general, without driving at least 20 feet. theyre everywhere, and lots of different kinds of people drive them. so i can agree with some that waving is pointless sometimes, but if i first kinda profile them, and notice that they are some sort of an enthusiast beyond the normal scion owner, then ya ill give a wave.