2005-2010 [ANT10]

what's the deal with bird poop and cars

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default what's the deal with bird poop and cars

seriously, I park my car outside, but I dont park under trees, and everyday there are multiple spots of bird poop, ONLY ON THE CAR... however I dont see bird poop around it. at the rate of me constantly cleaning it off on a daily basis yet never clean the floor around it, the floor should be littered with bird droppings after a few days. but its not the case, it always just lands on the car.

Makes me wonder if they really aim for things

another thing is after a nice waxing or shine, I dont know if its the coconut smell or the reflection, but bugs are attracted to the surface and than die and stick to it, thus having me clean them off after they are baked into the paiint.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I always get these little yellow spots on my car, but they wipe off easily. No clue what it is.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I park on a certain part of the driveway here my car will just get covered in bird ____. I want to go knock off whatever nest or something is in the tree... it ____es me off.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Funny story...

One time I was driving south to San Diego from LA and I was going about 100 mph...
All of a sudden a bird takes this huge crap and it smacks my windshield
I practically pooped my pants cause it was the size of my fist when it hit my window
It looked like a condor just took a crap on my windshield

And those little yellow dots... I call them insect poo... cause thats what it looks like to me
Old 08-30-2007, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does the "insect poop" just happen in California, or does everyone have to deal with it? I thought it was bird poop from really tiny birds.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

get one of those like giant beach ***** with bullseye's on a pole put in your driveway.

birds have a fear of eyes or something. my neighbor put one up in his driveway, and one up in the parking lot at his office. says they work great.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats what it is, I get a lot of these yellow droppings. I thought that was bird poo, or is it insect poo?

this is in cali btw. And tonight I was trying out meguiars ultimate detailer spray for the first time and these gnats or mosquitos keep landing on the car. I think the reflection fools the bugs into thinking theres another bug on the surface of the car and they go for it.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I thought I was in love with your car, but then I realised I was just drooling over my own reflection.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just hated last saturday, after paying for a complete professional car wash, driving home and just watching insect after insect burst on my windshield and hood.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
i just hated last saturday, after paying for a complete professional car wash, driving home and just watching insect after insect burst on my windshield and hood.
Ive never had this problem in cali, all the buggys are small. Ive never had a bug splat on my windshield.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It depends where you drive. I don't have this problem here in the city, but if you get out onto rural highways then it will happen. I recently went up to Santa Maria and I had many bug splats on the 101 north of Santa Barabara.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is that what those friggin yellow splots are? Insect poo? God I hate those things.. Spend an hour+ washing and when I'm doing a final checkup on everything I see like 3 yellow spots on the sunroof...
Old 08-30-2007, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay, so far we have 4 people from California reporting yellow spots and nobody else. Seems like California only. Maybe it's acid rain?
Old 08-30-2007, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have yellow spots as well but it isn't insect poop. A buddy of mine that I used to work with and he works with cars told me the yellow spots come from airplanes...I forget exactly what liquid it is...But they dump it while in the air. If you live near an airport or at least somewhat close, you'll notice it more. Then again this can all be false but it does make sense...
Old 08-30-2007, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, that's interesting. I wonder if it's true. My car sits directly under the flight path to Burbank airport and also some flights into LAX. Also interesting: 5 cases from California. Conspiracy?
Old 08-30-2007, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I live in Portland and as I am typing right now, I have "insect poop" on my windshield also. So it doesn't happen to only peeps in Cali. And yes, I do live near the airport and I work near the airport too, so to whoever made that claim about living near the airport... it might be true.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I get the ones that look like a sqwiggy yellow poo & I too get those damn yellow dots all-over!...they ____ me off everyday I have to clean those off!...lol...

I think they are Pollen from flowers or da trees!!
Old 08-30-2007, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a mystery. I searched on Google and found a few threads about it on other forums. The vast majority of reports come from SoCal. Weird stuff.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got insect poo when they were rampant like mid summer. so poo baked on mycar so as the insects themselves they're gone now i dunno what happened.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Coke (the soda ) works wonders on stubborn bug guts on your windshield.

Originally Posted by RodC
Wow, that's interesting. I wonder if it's true. My car sits directly under the flight path to Burbank airport and also some flights into LAX. Also interesting: 5 cases from California. Conspiracy?
Wow! I was just there this past weekend. The cupcakes from 'Yummy Cupcakes' are the bomb! I didn't get any of these mysterious yellow spots on the car. Sometimes I used to get yellow powder 'dots' on my car due to parking under one of Sweetgum trees that drops the spiny *****. Do you park by any trees?

Quick Reply: what's the deal with bird poop and cars