when do the 2006 tc's drop?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Originally Posted by bdballer69
i heard they are taking the sunroof off, and upgrade rims and tires too don't know if that's true
The sunroof is not going anywhere.

As far as I know, the info is official, but I can't confirm any sources on my end (gotta cover my a$$).

I know that the current headunit is MP3 already, but that's what I jotted down, so I figured that I would typoe it anyhow. I also remember reading that the radio will change appearance. I hope we get a proper volume ****!

Still nothing on the new colors, but I'll post when I hear something.

Other than those things, there's nothing different on the 06 tC. I would say, if you want a tC, just go buy one. Since only the radio is changing, really, you may as well buy your car when you want.

Plus, we've got that hot Release Series tC coming in 05, not 06.

LATER
Old 02-23-2005, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i heard they are taking the sunroof off, and upgrade rims and tires too don't know if that's true
I'd be *really* surprised if this was the case. One of the reasons they have the sunroof is that it's hardly more expensive than just doing a plain metal roof. Plus the sunroof is an integral part of the car, why would they redesign the whole support structure to remove it? My guess is tiny changes, maybe redesigning the audio as mentioned above, but no big differences.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Our head engineer devised a way for us to produce the roof for arond $50 LESS then a traditional steel roof. That's how cool we are, and that's why the roof isn't going anywhere.

LATER
Old 02-23-2005, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if the radio does change... could us current tc ownerrs like "swap" parts or get parts from dealers of the new 06 tC ?????????????
Old 02-23-2005, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just ordered mine, Flint Mica. They actually had like 8 on the lot, but only half were manual, and only one was manual and Flint Mica, but it had the pedestal spoiler, and I dont' think I like that. Plus, I know how kids test drive cars So I was willing to wait 3-4 weeks for the perfect, undriven car.

Anyway, I wanted to wait for the '06 model cause I was hoping they would drop the all glass roof for a metal roof with one large moonroof, cause of weight. But I know they won't do that, and I'm sure all the previouse bugs are worked out by now, late in the '05 lineup. A volume **** would be nice, or an RF remote that would work with the door cover closed, but I'm probably gonna get the Kenwood touch screen anyway.

After I put some work into it, I might see about replacing the glass roof with a carbon fiber roof. You think that would require more bracing/reinforcements? I heard they did alot of that already for the glass roof. We'll see...
Old 02-23-2005, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JUMBO
Our head engineer devised a way for us to produce the roof for arond $50 LESS then a traditional steel roof. That's how cool we are, and that's why the roof isn't going anywhere.

LATER
Does that mean I will be saving $50 on my next purchase?
Old 02-23-2005, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Originally Posted by budman650

LATER
$50 in initial production. Jeez.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by budman650

LATER
$50 in initial production. Jeez.
I was just jokin with you, that's great that someone has some good ideas and passes them on to the consumer. I've been debating on holding off for the '06 tc. I can wait a couple months if you know may is the month, thanks for the info. With you being a dealer, that's the only drawback I see selling the car. Unless you have to have one, there is no incentive to rush out and buy one, i.e. one price, no cash back, no 0% finance, etc. What's your opinion?
Old 02-23-2005, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOOOOOHOOOOOO I CANT WAIT TILL MAY. I've been dying to get this car for a long time. IM GETTING ME AN 06 tC. I cant believe u guys r complaing about the sunroof, thats one of the best features of the car. I LOVE U TOYOTA
Old 02-23-2005, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey guy that works at the dealership, any word on new parts for the car, or new engines or transmission, maybe a 6 speed, that would be hot. Maybe a new spoiler? Find out what ya can
Old 02-23-2005, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by daveman235
WOOOOOHOOOOOO I CANT WAIT TILL MAY. I've been dying to get this car for a long time. IM GETTING ME AN 06 tC. I cant believe u guys r complaing about the sunroof, thats one of the best features of the car. I LOVE U TOYOTA
we weren't complaining, we were worried that BDBALLER69 said they were getting rid of it.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oooh my bad . That would suck if they got rid of it. I'd be ____ed
Old 02-24-2005, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you think the 05 tC's will get discounted late 2005? like maybe 0% apr on all 2005 tC's cause they might wanna get rid of them to make room for the 2006 models.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by tC_kevin
Do you think the 05 tC's will get discounted late 2005? like maybe 0% apr on all 2005 tC's cause they might wanna get rid of them to make room for the 2006 models.
That's a good question, but there are so few of them available that it might be tough to actually get one. The real question is, are the 06 gona be more expensive? We all know the 05 seems underpriced and any raise in price on the 06's would make for no need to lower the price on the 05's. It seems like we are risking it for a cool volume ****.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How the hell do you guys get 4.25% APR. I have a credit rating of 780 and I got 5.25% Whats the secret?
Old 02-24-2005, 06:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Finally starting to see a mass influx of tC's in the past couple of months here. I saw three alone parked when getting my books for comm college around here, 708! Aside from that, a few here and there on the road, and got mine last June, FIRST IN THE AREA as far as I know, AND I'm swearing by that, lol.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by retrodrive
How the hell do you guys get 4.25% APR. I have a credit rating of 780 and I got 5.25% Whats the secret?
check out the tc general discussion "what do you pay per month?" Seems alot of people got under 5% maybe when they first came out. I've been checking and everyone now is at 5.25%. Did you just buy and drive, no money down? My score is high, too and I like the idea of using my money elsewhere instead of paying cash. Getting alot of response on that one.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is there any real reason to wait for the 2006 model if the only option you plan on getting is the 6-cd stereo system?

After all, I thought the "kinks" such as the squeaks and any roof problems are fixed on the manufacturing line as the problems crop up.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

I would say that NO, there will not be any incentives from the factory to sell down the 2005 remaining tC's. Since I'm perpetually sold-out anyhow, I don't foresee an issue.

And since there are no planned mechanical changes (read: NO 6-speed), there is not much difference in getting an 05 or an 06, except the wait.

There has already been a 'fix' for the squeaks in the roof, and that was like 6 months ago.

All I can say is, go buy the car when it is right for you. Determine how long you plan to own the car. If you are going to be driving it for 6-7 years, who cares what year it is? If you trade every 22 months, it might make a difference.

Also, keep in mind that Toyota can change their mind at ANY time and make me look like fool. Like I said before - I'm probably not supposed to know this stuff. But, whattya gonna do?

LATER
Old 02-25-2005, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member

The sunroof is not going anywhere.

As far as I know, the info is official, but I can't confirm any sources on my end (gotta cover my a$$).

I know that the current headunit is MP3 already, but that's what I jotted down, so I figured that I would typoe it anyhow. I also remember reading that the radio will change appearance. I hope we get a proper volume ****!

Still nothing on the new colors, but I'll post when I hear something.

Other than those things, there's nothing different on the 06 tC. I would say, if you want a tC, just go buy one. Since only the radio is changing, really, you may as well buy your car when you want.

Plus, we've got that hot Release Series tC coming in 05, not 06.

LATER
Whoa.. what's this Release Series tC thing? I've seen some stuff about the Release Series xA and xB, but I'm not sure what's different except for the color.
Is this Release Series tC going to have anything different other than color choice? and anyone know if the price will be different and if the additional features, if any, are worth it?

Quick Reply: when do the 2006 tc's drop?