2005-2010 [ANT10]

when do the 2006 tc's drop?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

I can post more tomorrow when I'm at work.

Unless I get some time later.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I'm definatly interested in this new fangled radio unit in the 06 model. I'm wondering if the mini jack that someone spoke of will be able to accecpt input from say any type of audio device that supports an 1/8" jack. If so I can use my non Apple MP3 player in my car. I think that would be nice. I'm just worried about what it will cost to upgrade my stock radio to the newer 1, and has anyone heard any new news about the Phantom Supercharger?
Old 02-25-2005, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JUMBO
I can post more tomorrow when I'm at work.

Unless I get some time later.
That is very generous of you. I will be checking back for your posts.
Thank You.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

can you find out anything about the 06 tc, JUMBO ? Nothing w/ the radio. I just wanna know if theres gonna be any new colors, or new feartures, something. There has to be some changes
...........im retarded
Old 02-25-2005, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by IWantAtC
The real question is, are the 06 gona be more expensive? We all know the 05 seems underpriced and any raise in price on the 06's would make for no need to lower the price on the 05's.
when i went in to test drive last weekend, the dealer said they were expecting a $300 price increase in May. he didn't say why, but from the release of the original tC around that time last year, i figured it might be because of new models, and now Jumbo's seemed to confirm that.

so, there you go. the dealer i talked to thinks its going up $300.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sorry if this has come up already, but I've been doing a lot of browsing and haven't seen an answer to this question:

Are new colors going to be available for the 2006 models?
Old 02-25-2005, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Here's what I'm not supposed to know so far:

Absolutely Red
Color Keyed Fabric (red threads)
Sport Grill (could be mesh or just no logo)
Numbered badging
Sport Muffler
Lip Spoiler (I think)

One cool thing that we are going to do with the Yellow xB is offer a limited (read 300 or so) number of powder coated intakes and strut braces for it. I imagine that we'll do that with the tC and the forthcoming Speedway Blue xA.

I do not know pricing - it still needs TBD. I can keep an eye on it for you.

As far as new colors for 06, check in my original post. They are replacing the Silver Streak and the Indigo Ink with new codes, but I have nothing that says what the new colors are yet.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they raised the price a bit, and $300 seems reasonable.

As far as the phantom supercharger goes, that is an April/May thing as well. I am now hearing that it will MSRP under $4000, and that they are shooting for a 100HP boost to the engine. That would be pretty competitive, if it happens. The hold up has been the ECU flash and the potential for warranty issues down the line. If an aftermarket company flashes the ECU, than there are also EPA issues regarding emissions, since we are selling it out of the showroom. That's why we've had to wait.

Hope I've helped.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I knew I saw something about new colors somewhere and it was your first post. Of course, just the color codes don't help me. Hopefully I'll know within the next two months of any new colors (not the codes!).

Thanks Jumbo.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Since the new colors have the codes 8xx and 1xx, they will still be blue and silver, they'll just have different shades.

For example, Phantom Grey is 1E3, and Thundercloud is 1D2, and Silver Streak is 1E7. All ones.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks, that's good to know as I'm definitely interested in knowing what the new shade of blue will look like.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:23 AM
5 Year Member

Here's what I'm not supposed to know so far:

Absolutely Red
Color Keyed Fabric (red threads)
Sport Grill (could be mesh or just no logo)
Numbered badging
Sport Muffler
Lip Spoiler (I think)

One cool thing that we are going to do with the Yellow xB is offer a limited (read 300 or so) number of powder coated intakes and strut braces for it. I imagine that we'll do that with the tC and the forthcoming Speedway Blue xA.

I do not know pricing - it still needs TBD. I can keep an eye on it for you.

As far as new colors for 06, check in my original post. They are replacing the Silver Streak and the Indigo Ink with new codes, but I have nothing that says what the new colors are yet.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they raised the price a bit, and $300 seems reasonable.

As far as the phantom supercharger goes, that is an April/May thing as well. I am now hearing that it will MSRP under $4000, and that they are shooting for a 100HP boost to the engine. That would be pretty competitive, if it happens. The hold up has been the ECU flash and the potential for warranty issues down the line. If an aftermarket company flashes the ECU, than there are also EPA issues regarding emissions, since we are selling it out of the showroom. That's why we've had to wait.

Hope I've helped.
Sweet, awesome teasing info. Was that top portion about the 06 tC or the Release Series tC? If it wasn't for the RS.. could you happen to post a little some some? Heh, thanks again, I appreciate the responses you have for us.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn a $300 price raise?! i better buy my tC soon before that price change
Old 02-26-2005, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

The stuff about the Absolutely Red car is for the Release Series 1.0 tC, not a standard color.

And the $300 price increase is PURELY speculation at this point. There is NOTHING official that supports that - I was only continuing another thought that was put on this board. I hope it doesn't happen, personally.

LATER
Old 02-27-2005, 09:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mista3
I'm definatly interested in this new fangled radio unit in the 06 model. I'm wondering if the mini jack that someone spoke of will be able to accecpt input from say any type of audio device that supports an 1/8" jack. If so I can use my non Apple MP3 player in my car. I think that would be nice.
It sounds like a regular 1/8" stereo jack - so you can play a Carbon, a 1980s Walkman, or whatever.

I wouldn't go putting a new HU in your car just for a 1/8" jack, though - you can get a kit to do that way cheaper. I could see the iPod people waiting because the iPod will be controllable via the HU, and there may be some other features accessible through the Scion/Pioneer interface that aren't available with the kits.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Toyota is raising the price of all Scions $50. Whether or not it will be more than that I don't know. I just know that Toyota is planning on raising the prices of most of their cars. There was a press release about this a couple weeks ago.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

The price increase happened on 2/7. That's all we know so far.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member

Default my first scionlife post

some boredom and google can found most anything...
I am planning on getting a '06 tc and wanted to see if i could find more info about the colors

8S6 replaces 8P4
1F7 replaces 1E7
8S6 = dark blue mica
http://translate.google.com/translat...en-US:official

1F7 = Silver, Classic Metallic
http://translate.google.com/translat...icial%26sa%3DG

but then again i could be wrong
Old 02-28-2005, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The price increase happened on 2/7. That's all we know so far.
Yeah, I noticed on Scion's website that the starting prcie for the tC is stated as $16,000 instead of the $15,549 or whatever it is on the stickers at the car lot.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Since the new colors have the codes 8xx and 1xx, they will still be blue and silver, they'll just have different shades.

For example, Phantom Grey is 1E3, and Thundercloud is 1D2, and Silver Streak is 1E7. All ones.
Yes.. pretty pretty please keep us updated on the color news. Also, have you heard any real reasons why they're replacing these two colors with two different ones of the same variation? And please don't say it's because they "want to keep the lineup fresh" because if that was the case they'd be replacing them with 2 new colors altogether.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

To be honest, Smash, I don't know. (Stop the presses!)

Toyota will continually revamp its color codes, seemingly to make my job more difficult. A few years ago, they took the Highlander and changed the Dorado Gold to Sonora Gold Pearl. Was there a difference? Maybe.

And I think I know why you are concerned about them changing colors for the second year. I'm assuming it's because of your issue, and if I were in your shoes, I would suspect the same thing. I can't speak towards that end, but if I find anything out that is interesting, I'll let ya know.

LATER

Quick Reply: when do the 2006 tc's drop?