Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Who ordered the tC RS 5.0?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only regret someone should have in this case is letting other peoples opinions change his mind.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to hear everyone blast on the RS 5.0, although I'm not very fond of it myself, I feel like there COULD be great potential. FIVEaxis kit, swap out TRD spring/shocks for some TRD Coilovers, get a S/C, switch up the wheels to something WAY more aggressive, and you've got yourself a pretty good looking car.

Goodluck on the purchase, don't let these guys sway your judgment, any car can be done up properly with proper planning
Old 03-15-2009, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im gonna have to agree with the majority, you'd prolly save some money if you bought a regular tc and put on a lip kit. it would look better that way.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 808tC
i noticed another difference about RS5 is that the eyelids have chrome....08-09 headlights dont have chrome eyelids (its blacked out)
I wouldn't say "blacked out" more like grayed out. I'm working on tinting mine right now because I'm not happy with the gray.

And why does every thread in this forum have some mention of how the SI is somehow superior to the TC?
Old 03-16-2009, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Who ordered the tC RS 5.0

Originally Posted by BlkRS5
What's up everyone. Im proud to say I am a scion owner ... somewhat. I don't have it yet. lol. I ordered the RS 5.0. I should have it in about 3 weeks. I was just wondering if anyone here has ordered it and what options did you add? I got the bluetooth and the auto dimming mirror.

Hey Me Too!! I've got money down. i totalled my scm tC on new years day and this is just too great of a package for me to pass up.

and 3 weeks huh? my dealership told me the end of april. I really do't want to wait that long butttt thats that much more money i can put down on the car :D

as for options i'll be getting the quick shifter and maybe the cold air intake.

ohh i sooo can't wait :D
Old 03-16-2009, 12:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have to see it "up close" before giving my input about it? One of my dealership's salesguys' is calling me once they have one in. He better let me know since I did hook him up with real "on the field" Chicago Cubs jacket.

I will say this: 17,740 for base A/T CSM. 540.00 for TRD Muffler. 1,200s for TRD Lowering Springs & Struts with alighnment. 10.00s for "Carbon Fiber" TRD badges. 170.00 for TRD rear sway bar. 485.00 for TRD CAI 1,000.00 for Ground FX 160.00 for TRD front strut bar. 300.00 for lip spoiler.

Hmm...CSM is still cheaper! And I'll STILL get to pick what type of wheels and tires with that extra $1,5-2k! I just won't have the "Special" badging. Oh well.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, you need to check your math. Let's do this together shall we.

$17,740
+ 1000 - ground fx
---------
=18,740
+ 160 - strut bar
---------
=18,900
+ 1200 - shock & spring
--------
=20,100 - already more than I paid.
+ 170 - sway bar
--------
=20,270
+ 540 - TRD muffler
--------
=20,810
+ 485 - CAI
--------
=21,295
+ 300 - spoiler
--------
=21,595 -total

Congrats your w/o cost of tax is the same as mine with taxes. You still haven't added rims, and I still get all the "special badges" you mentioned and more. Not to knock your grammar school edu. but this was simple math. Just for kicks, let's take off all the stuff the RS 5.0 doesn't come with and see what we get. (bare with me this is subtraction a little more difficult than addition)

$21,595
1200 - ground fx
160 - strut bar
485 - CAI
- 300 - spoiler
--------
$19,775

Exactly what I paid and mine still looks better. It's ok you bring out a calculator and check I know you want to.... I'll wait.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm getting this car because I need a daily driver with a decent set-up.

I have an 06 STi that I have been building up. I don't want to use it to work anymore because it sucks up too much gas and I work far from home.

To everyone who mentioned an Si.... I already had a civic and don't plan on getting into another one anytime soon. Plus, my favorite year was the 2000. I don't like this one nearly as much.

I just wanted to know if anyone else on this forum ordered one.... Didn't mean to start an Si vs. tC flame war...
Old 03-16-2009, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Fresh Crew
SL Member

haha its cool blkrs5, welcome to SL, we love to _____ and moan about things we dont like (dont get me wrong, i do it as well), but this car isnt what we all expected out of the RS line. If you like it, buy it, i think for the money it is fine, just wish the color was different (FM FTW hehe).

Also, glad you arent going back to honda hehe.

Post some pics of the STi maybe?

All in all, good luck with the car and the build.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkRS5
I'm getting this car because I need a daily driver with a decent set-up.

I have an 06 STi that I have been building up. I don't want to use it to work anymore because it sucks up too much gas and I work far from home.

To everyone who mentioned an Si.... I already had a civic and don't plan on getting into another one anytime soon. Plus, my favorite year was the 2000. I don't like this one nearly as much.

I just wanted to know if anyone else on this forum ordered one.... Didn't mean to start an Si vs. tC flame war...
You buy what you like I wanted a red tc found out they made the RS1. My parents wudnt let me get a standard they figured I'd be racing ..... o well I do in an automatic yess I know not that cool. It's decent on gas and I'm just happy with it all around. Its a good choice for a daily driver.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

LULZ @ rs 5.0!

that car is a waste of money, its a BSP with trd parts. I'd much rather have a SW or FM with ALL the same TRD parts as ur "rs 5.0"
Old 03-16-2009, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It won't let me post pics. If some wants I can send them to your email and you can try to post them. Just email me at joseste4@yahoo.com
Old 03-16-2009, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a trd tc? hmm...wouldnt that take the fun out of tuning the car? i mean if you were gonna mod the rs5, wouldnt you rather just pay less for a stockie and mod it to your own tastes?
Old 03-16-2009, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

good luck with the car bro, happy to hear that your in the release series club (i just made that up) i bet you cant wait til it comes in
i waited the longest two months of my life for my rs2
Old 03-16-2009, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
United Imports
SL Member

yea rs5 takes alot of the fun out of getting a tc.

i bought mine because of the extra add ons YOU can do.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by mossfan15

^ if you had read through the OPs posts, you would have realized that he WANTS to put on all the things that come on the car and this is the most ECONOMICAL way to do so seeing as the aftermarket parts already installed are cheaper than buying them outright

the car has just as much potential as any other and there are still ALOT of stuff he can do with it so for anybody to flame this guy im sorry, you're just in the wrong IMHO

now on the other hand, i do agree with the the fact that this particular release series is not all that special, true it does just look like a black tC with rims but you must play with the cards you've been dealt and the OP seems to like his hand
Old 03-16-2009, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by breaux_tC
Originally Posted by mossfan15

^ if you had read through the OPs posts, you would have realized that he WANTS to put on all the things that come on the car and this is the most ECONOMICAL way to do so seeing as the aftermarket parts already installed are cheaper than buying them outright

the car has just as much potential as any other and there are still ALOT of stuff he can do with it so for anybody to flame this guy im sorry, you're just in the wrong IMHO

now on the other hand, i do agree with the the fact that this particular release series is not all that special, true it does just look like a black tC with rims but you must play with the cards you've been dealt and the OP seems to like his hand

Well said, thankyou.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wasn't saying you're dumb for buying this RS. Sounds like you went to a right dealer who didn't throw on extras before it went into the showroom to rip you off. The dealer down the road from me is famous for that. I like the RS idea. I want 1.0 badly then on the other hand so does the nation.

Please! Buy the struts down the road! Its such a better ride. I personally don't think my OEMs would stand the chance with the current Illinois potholes if I went ahead installed only the springs. I know its arguement if struts do make springs lower than that 1.2 mark? I see the difference when going to shows.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats, i was reading all these threads and i wont rip on ya! i like the rs5. just personal taste. and that's what all scions are about. personal taste.

good for you bro.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

true true. it's all good. we asked for a trd tc....and now we got one. congratulations! hope to see some pics!

Quick Reply: Who ordered the tC RS 5.0?