2005-2010 [ANT10]

who would win tc vs rsx type s

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyota_scion_tc
Youre dumb! He said 200whp tc (supercharged) against a 200bhp rsx. 1st off the tc has at least 20 or more hp at the wheels and the tq is definatly 20 more in the tc. 2nd off 8600 rpms doesn't mean sh-t. It doesn't matter how many times your engine can turn a minute. I read from a magazine that the tc has 90% of its tq at 1500 rpm's. The weight is only 60-70 lbs diffrent.
last time i checked it was only 200hp at the crank w/ the sc kit. maybe they have upgraded their kits or something cuz that is what the dealer told me. oh and trust me, 1300 extra rpms in the powerband makes a huge difference. stock (5800-7900), hondata #4 (5200-8600 rpms) guess you will never know unless you drive one. i've driven a tc before and the clutch can't grab worth crap. but back on topic, stock to stock....type S > scion tc. if you wanna add the optional sc for the scion, then add the optional comptech sc for the rsx and you still get type S > scion tc. i'm not trying to bash on the tc. i was considering getting one. i really think the tc is the best car out there for the money.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

higher rpm's are nice if you are still making power a majority of the time the engine is just spinning faster for no reason. I like the rsx's. I am just saying a sc tc vs the type s the tc would win. The reason I got the tc instead of the rsx was the rsx cost too much, insurance was a lot more, and more features with the tc. I still love honda though.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyota_scion_tc
higher rpm's are nice if you are still making power a majority of the time the engine is just spinning faster for no reason. I like the rsx's. I am just saying a sc tc vs the type s the tc would win. The reason I got the tc instead of the rsx was the rsx cost too much, insurance was a lot more, and more features with the tc. I still love honda though.
trust me man, there is a difference. i raced a type S w/out hondata and he had i/h/e and i beat him by like 2 car lengths. all i have other than hondata is my v2 intake. we raced before i got hondata and he would pull on me towards the end and win. he later got hondata the following week and he beat me.

as for insurance, i only pay $80 a month w/ 21st century. guess my age and location goes into that as well. i'm 25 so my insurance dropped a lil.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I belive you on your type s b/c hondata is a good chip. this is what I am saying

rsx vs tc = tc
rsx type s vs tc = rsx type s
rsx type s vs sc tc = sc tc
Old 02-26-2005, 04:29 AM
5 Year Member

threads like this are ridiclous. its plain to see who would win so why even ask in the first place. either research information first or go out and race one and see what happens.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Wow..ok.

tC's start at what?.. $16,000+... add in the supercharger.. $2500+ .. after tax and installation labor (from the dealer).. you're at about $3500-$4000 for the sc.

Which brings the tC total to about $20,000 saying you get no other options with your car...

SC tC is projected at 200hp.. which is barely up at par with the stock Type S.
Yea, the tC has more torque, but youve also only got 5 gears and a lower redline, and youre about 200+ lbs heavier.
Gearing does have alot to do with a race between the two cars. You guys say that the Acura's torque doesn't kick in til you rev up.. but, we're talking about racing here. You're going to be in high RPMs the whole way.. which means more midrange and top end horsepower for the Type S.

But this comparison really isn't fair now is it?.. a Supercharged car versus an N/A?

To be fair.. you'd have to compare to a SC'd RSX.
The base model RSX 5spd is about $19,000+
You could supercharge that for the same $2500 you could spend on the TRD supercharger.. add in a CAI, exhaust, and race header (roughly $1000)

and the base RSX be making roughly 220whp.. which would destroy the supercharged tC..

And to whoever keeps saying the auto tranny craps out at 30K.. i'd like to see where you got that information..
Old 02-26-2005, 09:06 AM
5 Year Member

Why in the world has this thread come back from the dead? Again, read my posts from pages 2 & 3, as an owner of both cars I'm pretty familiar with the pros and cons of each, and 2 months later nothing has really changed.

tC insurance is definitely cheaper though, no doubt about that. I pay $120 month for the RSX-S and $75 month for the tC. This is for full coverage through Geico with $20K bodily injury, etc no accidents or speeding tickets (thank goodness for Passport 8500) for either driver.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

ahahh yeah see this kids got it right here. that rsx-s payed a lot more money than we did, so i think we r doing pretty good for around 16,5 if u know waht i mean
Old 02-26-2005, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

They are comparing a car with a mod that hasn't been released yet to another car?!?!?!

Ya my soon-to-come CAI will beat any Ferrari! I think it adds 50hp per a wheel!
Old 02-26-2005, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

These ____ing contests are retarded. A majority of the cars out there will beat a stock TC... the only way you can have a hand up on someone is comparing it to any of the numerous ____ econoboxes. You made a good choice in selecting a car that looks good and is very reliable FOR ITS PRICE so why compare it to a track-tested car that costs $7000 more?

What thread is coming next on this board? I think I'll start a "who would win in a fight, my dad or your dad" post...
Old 02-26-2005, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't worry about it. Just mod your car and run what ya brung.....
Old 02-26-2005, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh no yet another street racing thread
Old 02-26-2005, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

How the hell do you get that the rsx supercharged gets 220 whp. Hello the tc definetly has more displacement 2.4Ltc 2Lrsx. Everyone that has posted is right, the base rsx and the tc is okay to compare. The base rsx is still more expensive, but yet the tc should win every time with a competent tc driver.

They have brought the tc to 220whp in testing. Now they will not sell it with is power, at least not the base supercharger.

First of all, i would rather work on a car that has more displacement. Second that looks better.

And also the acura rsx-s is not all that. their are other cars that can beat it stock and that are cheaper. Dodge neon srt-4, subaru wrx, 2005 mustang base, mazda 6, chevy cobalt ss/saturn redline(basically the same car). The tc is not a sports car. If you cant afford the rsx-s go buy one of the alternatives i have listed.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ghaly
How the hell do you get that the rsx supercharged gets 220 whp. Hello the tc definetly has more displacement 2.4Ltc 2Lrsx. Everyone that has posted is right, the base rsx and the tc is okay to compare. The base rsx is still more expensive, but yet the tc should win every time with a competent tc driver.

They have brought the tc to 220whp in testing. Now they will not sell it with is power, at least not the base supercharger.

First of all, i would rather work on a car that has more displacement. Second that looks better.

And also the acura rsx-s is not all that. their are other cars that can beat it stock and that are cheaper. Dodge neon srt-4, subaru wrx, 2005 mustang base, mazda 6, chevy cobalt ss/saturn redline(basically the same car). The tc is not a sports car. If you cant afford the rsx-s go buy one of the alternatives i have listed.
the wrx is $1,000 more than a rsx type S. srt-4 = fast NEON (no way in hell i would ever purchase that.) mustang = FORD (definently not getting that.) i have yet to lose to a mazda 6. haven't raced a chevy cobalt SS so i have no clue how well they perform. their numbers can be misleading sometimes. as for the tc getting sc, i would love to race one just to see how well i can keep up.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

I dunno. but when I am giving my tC a lil work out on the road. i am usually shifting around 4.5k (power shifting of course) vtec doesnt' hit lift til around 6k? (not positive on that. but i think thats the number). I love my tC, I haven't raced an rsx-s, and given the opportunity stock vs. stock. I wouldn't attempt it expecting to win. base rsx i'd race but i wouldn't expect to win either. But my tc was a few grand cheaper and with the money i saved buying the tC over the base rsx I can mod it to the point where an rsx race would be in my favor. Its not a "If i mod my tC i can beat a stock rsx" reply. its a "tC is more bang for your buck car" reply. wich is the biggest appeal to the tC, and I think the tC looks much better than an rsx.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TimmyT
I dunno. but when I am giving my tC a lil work out on the road. i am usually shifting around 4.5k (power shifting of course) vtec doesnt' hit lift til around 6k? (not positive on that. but i think thats the number)
is power shifting when you never let your foot off the gas when you shift? if so, your tranny will not last very long. my friend did that on his Si and he killed his. but yeah, v-tec in a rsx kicks in at 5800 rpms and redlines at 7900 rpms. i got hondata on mine so mine is 5200-8600 rpms.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TimmyT
I dunno. but when I am giving my tC a lil work out on the road. i am usually shifting around 4.5k (power shifting of course) vtec doesnt' hit lift til around 6k? (not positive on that. but i think thats the number). I love my tC, I haven't raced an rsx-s, and given the opportunity stock vs. stock. I wouldn't attempt it expecting to win. base rsx i'd race but i wouldn't expect to win either. But my tc was a few grand cheaper and with the money i saved buying the tC over the base rsx I can mod it to the point where an rsx race would be in my favor. Its not a "If i mod my tC i can beat a stock rsx" reply. its a "tC is more bang for your buck car" reply. wich is the biggest appeal to the tC, and I think the tC looks much better than an rsx.
i think it's a drivers race between a tc and a base rsx.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

How the hell do you get that the rsx supercharged gets 220 whp.
If you'd like, I can find you the link to the guy's car..
Old 02-27-2005, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How the hell do you get that the rsx supercharged gets 220 whp.
prolly cuz the sc for the rsx IS out for the rsx and after installing it and tunning it, those are the numbers they got.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Base model RSX ... Jackson Racing Supercharger..

Dynapack numbers from Church Automotive:
230.8whp, 171.2tq

http://i.xanga.com/veeveean/ivietec.gif

Quick Reply: who would win tc vs rsx type s