2005-2010 [ANT10]

Why so many Scion TC haters?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Why so many Scion TC haters?

Seems like there is a large number of Scion TC haters. I can understand criticism of the Scion TC, but it seems like the same people bashing the Scion TC over and over again. If you do not like the Scion TC I can understand posting about it once or maybe a couple of times, but why keep bashing the Scion TC post after post? If you do not like the car then why are you reading the Scion TC message board day after day? Do you have nothing better to do?

I have had mine for almost a month and have encountered 0 problems. The car is better than I anticipated mainly due to the aggressive gear ratios of the 5 speed. Fit and finish is good, better than my 2003 Civic EX coupe. The hatchback rocks! My Civic cost the same as my Scion TC and I think the Scion TC is better than the Civic in every aspect except gas mileage. I also like the fact that my Scion TC has a 5/60,000 mile powertrain warranty compared to the Civic 3/36,000 and also uses a timing chain and has a non interference engine that is proven in the Camry.

I also like the fact that I have not seen another Scion TC on the road in almost a month. Makes my car more unique.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

jealousy...
Old 07-25-2004, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do I really care what they said? I'm too busy enjoying my new tC...here is her shower pic :D

And when she is done...

Old 07-25-2004, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Why so many Scion TC haters?

Originally Posted by zizi
Seems like there is a large number of Scion TC haters. I can understand criticism of the Scion TC, but it seems like the same people bashing the Scion TC over and over again. If you do not like the Scion TC I can understand posting about it once or maybe a couple of times, but why keep bashing the Scion TC post after post? If you do not like the car then why are you reading the Scion TC message board day after day? Do you have nothing better to do?

I have had mine for almost a month and have encountered 0 problems. The car is better than I anticipated mainly due to the aggressive gear ratios of the 5 speed. Fit and finish is good, better than my 2003 Civic EX coupe. The hatchback rocks! My Civic cost the same as my Scion TC and I think the Scion TC is better than the Civic in every aspect except gas mileage. I also like the fact that my Scion TC has a 5/60,000 mile powertrain warranty compared to the Civic 3/36,000 and also uses a timing chain and has a non interference engine that is proven in the Camry.

I also like the fact that I have not seen another Scion TC on the road in almost a month. Makes my car more unique.
Agree. I just posted similar post in the "post all problem" topic.

Kevin
Old 07-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by emoinwinter
jealousy...
No, not jealousy, but part right LOUSY, I could not wait for the TC to come out , i read everything about it and bugged my dealer to death.... then there she was.... so fugly that I bit my lip...test drove it anyways...A/C sucked, maybe on that car....maybe not(i have seen dozens of the same posts)as I walked around I thought, God its so ugly, nothing like it looked on paper....so I walked out...thinking about just how much time i wasted wanting a car that looked thrown together...hey if you like it... I am happy for you....but for me it the Elise...and what was i thinking.....
Old 07-25-2004, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tC Sciontist

Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:13 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont get me wrong I love the tC... I am looking to purchase one as soon as I get back from my trip in NY (in one week). But I started this forum so that I knew ALL possible problems so that when I go to the dealer, I can make sure that my car has none of these problems in my vehicle. I just want to be educated so that I can ensure that the salesman and I check the vehicle for the "known" problems before I buy anything!
I posted that in the other thread after u said the same thing... Tuschea Just had to defend myself a lil... I LOVE THIS CAR!
Old 07-25-2004, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
jealousy...
No, not jealousy, but part right LOUSY, I could not wait for the TC to come out , i read everything about it and bugged my dealer to death.... then there she was.... so fugly that I bit my lip...test drove it anyways...A/C sucked, maybe on that car....maybe not(i have seen dozens of the same posts)as I walked around I thought, God its so ugly, nothing like it looked on paper....so I walked out...thinking about just how much time i wasted wanting a car that looked thrown together...hey if you like it... I am happy for you....but for me it the Elise...and what was i thinking.....
Cybergypsy

For what it is worth..... this is the first post of your's that I have seen that helped me understand where you are coming from regarding the Tc.

I have seen many of your posts seemingly trashing the Tc in all aspects and now for the first time I think I know where you are coming from.

THANKS for this post!!!!
Old 07-25-2004, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Frist off, Elise = base price of $38,500, tC = base price of $16,500... you do the math.

Secondly, the car looks exactly as it did on paper, read the reviews.. "that of which you'd think is pulled from a car costing atleast $30,000".. hmm.. Lousy? no. Quality? yes.

The a/c problem has been attented to, as well as the roof creaking problem that only some owners have reported. for $16,500 you get a car that comes standard with options you see as "luxury" options on cars costing twice as much.

BTW, I've read every single one of your 430 some odd posts, and you seem to be doing a lot of tC bashing. Just remember this, the same people that designed the xA and xB, designed the tC. The tC has had more hype than a lot of cars recently out, and for good reason. It's a perfect blend of style, comfort, and performance, for under $17,000.

Find me another $16,000 car that has been described as a "luxury sports coupe" and I'll stop talking. Wasting your time talking about a car whose owners have no REAL complaints about is about as effective as sitting on your thumb. The Elise is on sale in the states now, if you want one, they're only 40 grand, go buy one.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you want one, they're only 40 grand, go buy one.
Hehe
Old 07-25-2004, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SWF 05 tC is right...

But heres the real deal...

NO ONE is going to put up 17k for a car that easily. We want to know everything... good AND bad... so that we can purchase with confidence. I dont care if I am buying a new 17k tC or a 28k 325i! This isnt a matter of buying a phone or a camera. This is about buying a car we have to drive everyday with money we have worked hard to earn and saved for our desired ride of choice.

That should just about end any further conversation in this thread unless u want to post that u agree with me
Old 07-25-2004, 10:49 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by SWF 05 tC
Frist off, Elise = base price of $38,500, tC = base price of $16,500... you do the math.

Secondly, the car looks exactly as it did on paper, read the reviews.. "that of which you'd think is pulled from a car costing atleast $30,000".. hmm.. Lousy? no. Quality? yes.

The a/c problem has been attented to, as well as the roof creaking problem that only some owners have reported. for $16,500 you get a car that comes standard with options you see as "luxury" options on cars costing twice as much.

BTW, I've read every single one of your 430 some odd posts, and you seem to be doing a lot of tC bashing. Just remember this, the same people that designed the xA and xB, designed the tC. The tC has had more hype than a lot of cars recently out, and for good reason. It's a perfect blend of style, comfort, and performance, for under $17,000.

Find me another $16,000 car that has been described as a "luxury sports coupe" and I'll stop talking. Wasting your time talking about a car whose owners have no REAL complaints about is about as effective as sitting on your thumb. The Elise is on sale in the states now, if you want one, they're only 40 grand, go buy one.
hello, i am not saying it's the same, all i am saying i wanted a good cheap car and the TC fit the bill(on paper)in person its not the same, If you are happy with the TC , I am happy for you...really...it's just not RIGHT for me, I have my Xa want a XB and the elise is on its way...and yes i love scions....just not the redheaded stepchild, TC!
Old 07-25-2004, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

You folks should stop talking about how others are tC haters. Just drive your car. I'm tired of people calling other people tC haters. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, whether they can back it up or not. If someone likes your car and tells you, great! If they tell you otherwise, ignore it. Why? because you like it, and that's all that matters...Unless you have a girlfriend who won't ride with you because she hates how your car looks...now then you must decide... car or girl... :D
Old 07-25-2004, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like the scion tc, my mom liked it and she drives a 2001 camaro z28 convertable, my girlfriend likes it, my girlfriends dad and mom liked it so i ordered it
Old 07-25-2004, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
jealousy...
LOL, I find it funny that someone calls the tC ugly, yet has this car as their avatar :

Old 07-25-2004, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Better hurry up on that Elise purchase then, there's only 2200 total production for 2005. About 85% of those are spoken for.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by tC_4EVA
LOL, I find it funny that someone calls the tC ugly, yet has this car in their as their avatar :

see, you folks will never learn.

I love my xA... :D
Old 07-25-2004, 11:40 PM
Banned
SL Member

I love my xa...much nicer then that fugly TC...and don't worry about my elise... its been ordered and on it way....thanks to palm beach motorcars ....oh and boys, I the TC looks like a brand new version of a saturn...ENJOY!
you silly boys keep me laughing.......
Old 07-25-2004, 11:46 PM
Wes
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heh, people hate on us Accord/Honda owners. Saying that all of us are f***n ricers and sh*t. You don't understand how much that ____es us off. Sure, one of us can have a pretty decent machine, making maybe 220bhp, hey not bad for an Accord. Then you have the ricers with their fart cans and shiz, who make the rest of the group look bad. And then, there's the domestic owners, who regard us as all coming from the same breed, "I rather push my Hyundai, then drive your Honda" all that bull-f*cken-sh*t.

Hey, we real Accord owners, we know were not f*cken fast or amazing, we just like working on our cars and keeping it real, no we don't run 8 second ET's and we know that you can probably burn our ___ anyway, so why try to f*cken race us? UGH.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The urge to lash back must be hard to harness there, CybergypsyCongrats on ordering the Elise, they're fun to drive. The point of the tC was to be an introductory car to new drivers, there's nothing fugly about it, it's a great automobile. When you get your Elise, we should race, I have a paid for 2003 Cobra with 488rwhp and I'd love to see how they stack up against eachother (once you put about 10k into it, that is) :-).

Not that any of that matters, but I just odn't see the purpose of feeling the need to chime in when it's clear that you'd never waste your time (kinda like you're doing now) with the tC. ::shrug::
Old 07-25-2004, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmm...start saving $$$ for this one now :D

Quick Reply: Why so many Scion TC haters?