Old 07-25-2004, 11:58 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

Originally Posted by tC_4EVA
LOL, I find it funny that someone calls the tC ugly, yet has this car as their avatar :roll: :

Lemme ask you something I have always been wondering. Do people like you have different names on every car forum they use? I have showpaojoe on atleast 30 different sites. I just find it odd when everyone use bB...scion...or now tC in their names just when they come one a scion forum.

Are you embarrased by the fact that your name has tC in it?

tC=embarrasing?
Old 07-26-2004, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just have trouble fathoming why people who don't own or plan on owning the tC, would post in this forum? You serve absolutely no purpose other than trolling.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member

Maybe people who don't own a TC come on these forums to see what they are like and ask questions for help on buying one...
Old 07-26-2004, 01:24 AM
5 Year Member

Yah, go to the Elise forum please and learn about it. Leave the tc folks alone.

Also, if you do not want to live in New York, why even bother to discuss it. I'm just being civil.

1manila
Old 07-26-2004, 01:37 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by hmmyeah
I just have trouble fathoming why people who don't own or plan on owning the tC, would post in this forum? You serve absolutely no purpose other than trolling.
First I am one scionlife home page.......I don't troll the TC site....it just seems that they are having LOTS of problems.... like I said...so shut up and drive....if you love it so much
Old 07-26-2004, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lots being an a/c issue that has been addressed and corrected, and a moon roof rattle, which has also been addressed and corrected? I count two, not "LOTS".
Old 07-26-2004, 01:40 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by SWF 05 tC
The urge to lash back must be hard to harness there, CybergypsyCongrats on ordering the Elise, they're fun to drive. The point of the tC was to be an introductory car to new drivers, there's nothing fugly about it, it's a great automobile. When you get your Elise, we should race, I have a paid for 2003 Cobra with 488rwhp and I'd love to see how they stack up against eachother (once you put about 10k into it, that is) :-).

Not that any of that matters, but I just odn't see the purpose of feeling the need to chime in when it's clear that you'd never waste your time (kinda like you're doing now) with the tC. ::shrug::
I have a F50 with your name on it we don't have to wait
Old 07-26-2004, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool, how bout tomorrow, I'm off of work :-)
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by zoohay
Hmmm...start saving $$$ for this one now :D

hummmmmmmmmmmm...have cash in hand
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Obviously, people who dislike the tC are in the minority. They need to make the most noise to be heard over the praise. I haven't seen any review dislike the car, in fact, they all seem to agree that it is an incredible bargain for what you're getting.

And as for the looks the a certain someone hates so much, I have never seen a car this side of a Ferrari draw so much attention. I've had a number of people ask me about it at stoplights, in parking lots, etc. I've had everything from riced-out econoboxes to BMWs (big and small) and Porsches driving alongside checking my car out. Many people are giving me "thumbs up" or just grinning and nodding. Everybody loves my car, but I love it even more because I get to drive it!
Old 07-26-2004, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

When you get your Elise, we should race, I have a paid for 2003 Cobra with 488rwhp and I'd love to see how they stack up against eachother (once you put about 10k into it, that is) :-).
I'd love to see you take her on at the track..and I don't mean dragstrip :D
Old 07-26-2004, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what there are haters??? i didnt realize that.. make a list of the users...
Old 07-26-2004, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have only heard of a few minor problems.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikochu
When you get your Elise, we should race, I have a paid for 2003 Cobra with 488rwhp and I'd love to see how they stack up against eachother (once you put about 10k into it, that is) :-).
It gets up and goes pretty quick.. mid-high 11's on street tires with a 60' usually around 1.8-1.9 seconds. And still plenty of room for improvement :-). Also waiting to get a time with drag radials, should pull consistent mid-low 11's with some Nitto DR's. :twisted:
Old 07-26-2004, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by mikochu
It gets up and goes pretty quick.. mid-high 11's on street tires with a 60' usually around 1.8-1.9 seconds. And still plenty of room for improvement :-). Also waiting to get a time with drag radials, should pull consistent mid-low 11's with some Nitto DR's. :twisted:
yeah, going straight! It's faster than the Elise on the straightaway, but I don't know about lap times... The Elise should be able to hug every corner with no problems. I'll find out soon enough. :twisted:

btw, What color is your Cobra?
Old 07-26-2004, 02:20 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by JasonH
Obviously, people who dislike the tC are in the minority. They need to make the most noise to be heard over the praise. I haven't seen any review dislike the car, in fact, they all seem to agree that it is an incredible bargain for what you're getting.

And as for the looks the a certain someone hates so much, I have never seen a car this side of a Ferrari draw so much attention. I've had a number of people ask me about it at stoplights, in parking lots, etc. I've had everything from riced-out econoboxes to BMWs (big and small) and Porsches driving alongside checking my car out. Many people are giving me "thumbs up" or just grinning and nodding. Everybody loves my car, but I love it even more because I get to drive it!
Its not that I hate the car.....I hate the shape...looks thrown together...thats all
I would never own one..so why are you boys picking on anyone who does not like the TC....It's really sooooo sad.....more then a few do not like the TC....I see a saturn...nothing more....if you like it but if you don't then buy something else...it was such a letdown!
Old 07-26-2004, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Cobra is black with the dark grey leather and suede interior. And for track use, don't worry, I have a nice bike for that kinda stuff :-)
Old 07-26-2004, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What kinda bike you got? THat is another interest of mine.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

04 Yamaha R6
Old 07-26-2004, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member

I don't know what people expect from a $16,000+ car......and lets PLEASE not compare to cars that are $20k more then the TC. Lets keep it fair, maybe comparing it to a Honda Civic instead of a Ferrari F-150. With the little problems that I have heard of: creaking sunroof, cd flap......who cares because if thats all the problems, then this car is a bargain. (Btw, I haven't had one problem yet) The car is unique because there are very few driving around (YET, enjoy while it lasts) and I'll take this car over a civic or anything close in price range anyday of the week. The car is very attractive looking inside and out and I love it.

For those who hate, who cares about them because most likely they are just jealous. Some people don't like jap cars, I say screw them. If they want to only buy american, then they can deal with all the extra problems and money spent in the long run.

Quick Reply: Why so many Scion TC haters?